DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Min

ahk

Guest cwestervelt

Min says that Elayne should have drank the tea, not that she herself is drinking the tea. Somewhere around the time when she has the viewing of Elayne getting pregnant or about Aviendha having Rand's kids. Min is wishing she could have the same type of visions about herself. The implication was she had a strong desire to procreate.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cwestervelt

The emphasized section

http://www.wotmania.com/faqtopic.asp?ID=152

Week 16 Question: Is there any relationship between Foretelling and Min's viewings? Or is Foretelling a talent that only manifests in someone who can channel? Is Min's ability completely unique, or has it appeared in Ages past?

Robert Jordan Answers: There is no relationship whatsoever between Foretelling, which manifests only in someone who can channel, and Min's viewings. There have been versions of Min's viewings in some previous ages, though not exactly the same.

Min, and the sniffers, and wolfbrothers appearing are all highly indicative, you know. New abilities, for this Age, are appearing, and that in itself indicates great changes coming. Great changes underway. Min's abilities will not remain unique; we have already seen one wolfbrother besides Perrin and Elyas, though a pitiful soul who couldn't master his gift, and there will be other sniffers. The Age is changing. The Wheel never stands still.

I have never considered Min to be infertile and am stunned that you have!! I always simply assumed that being older (and as is stated in several places) a bit more experienced in 'that way' than Elayne and Aviendha, she drank heartroot tea, or was just simply... not made pregnant!She's not stupid.

I agree. Not to mention the idea others have been trying to get across in here that it can take a LONG TIME to get pregnant. It took my mom two years to get pregnant with me (this was related to health issues, but it's the same basic idea). BE PACIENT. She'll get pregnant when Jordan wants her to.

Sooo....let's see...General recap of the discussion so far:

• It takes time for people to get pregnant, so be patient about Min's baby.

Although Rand and Min have had sex multiple times throughtout the books, there is NO REASON to believe that she is infertile. As said before, things like this take time.

Min is operating under a high-stress environment, which is a negative environment for impregnation.

Min often has heartleaf tea, Jordan's equivalent of a Morning After pill.

Jordan hints here
http://www.wotmania.com/faqtopic.asp?ID=152 that Min will have a baby. After all, he says that her powers/abilities will not remain unique.

Ya know, leave it to me to get the dirty mind, but maybe he is just not releasing inside her. Who knows. i dont recall it ever specifically saying that. He could just be letting his juices flow on her and that would deffinately make it hard to get preggy for Min. think outside the box people :lol:

Ya know' date=' leave it to me to get the dirty mind, but maybe he is just not releasing inside her. Who knows. i dont recall it ever specifically saying that. He could just be letting his juices flow on her and that would deffinately make it hard to get preggy for Min. think outside the box people :lol:[/quote']

:roll: Think about this: the whole intent and purpose of sex is to have children. The fact that sex is pleasureable is really just an evolutionary pathway for nature to promote it. Not releasing inside someone is not natural: humans do it...well...I don't know why. Mr. Jordan is pretty discreet, if you ask me. He leaves a lot of interpretation, but I think that's a little too far.... :D

Give Rand and Min more time. That's all they really need.

Think about this: the whole intent and purpose of sex is to have children. The fact that sex is pleasureable is really just an evolutionary pathway for nature to promote it. Not releasing inside someone is not natural: humans do it...well...I don't know why. Mr. Jordan is pretty discreet, if you ask me. He leaves a lot of interpretation, but I think that's a little too far....

Thats not actually true. Sex serves a sociological and psychological purpose as well. Our very natures are defined by the natures of our sexual beings, and the nature of our interaction with others. But more relevant to this conversation is the nature of sex as a release for stress, and an expression of human connection.

Rand getting laid helps him function better. Same with Min... who cares if a kid comes from it or not.

Besides, pulling out is far from being an adequate prevantative method, and given Elayne + Rands relative lack of knowledge on the subject i doubt he does so anyway. But Min is no idiot, if she doesn't want to get pregnant, im sure shes taking steps.

It's a good thing little kids wouldn't understand this conversation even if they DID read it...

... why?

Min may want to conceive, but once she does there's no way that Rand is going to continue bringing her around the world with him. She's barely convinced him so far to let her stay with him, even when she's fully capable of taking care of herself; the things he does are simply too dangerous for him to even consider not keeping her someplace safe and away from him, once she's pregnant with his child.

So, while she probably does want to have his babies when she can, she may have considered the probable consequence: her being separated from Rand. And she may have decided that, much as she wants his child, she wants to be with him more. Thus, she drinks the heartleaf tea regularly, or Rand practices some form of One Power contraceptive.

I seriously doubt that Min will end up being infertile.

A little advanced for younger kids don't you think? Anyway, you had a good point. And Min is definitely not stupid.

Not really... sex is inate to the human nature. To be frank i think hiding it from 'the younger kids' is the very great crime being commited.

Not really... sex is inate to the human nature. To be frank i think hiding it from 'the younger kids' is the very great crime being commited.

Now, while I agree that we should not hide sex from kids, I do not think it is a crime. I have to say I don't agree with the people that it from their kids... but it's not a crime.

(Hey Luckers. I've been noisy as usual so you must have been on vacation :D )

Life if clean is you live in a lab.

Life is normal if you're not very clean.

And its idiocy not to tell children the truth about sex. Whether you believe the sexual urge is something to be indugled, to be denied, or something to be controlled (or some combination of the three), people have to have accurate information to make good decisions, and children are people.

Archived