DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

May Roll Call

Niniel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here. I got to meet Bill Clinton when he was president of the United States. I guess that might count as a celebrity, he was kinda popular. Oh and there was that little run in with Ben Affleck when he was shooting a movie in my town, who happened to shoot my roomate (with a gun) in said movie. 

I don't know if I've sign in or not but as I need more points here goes.

/I'm here and very much accounted for as you can see lol

Famous people I have met. I used to work as gaffer on film sets so I've met most of the cast of Neighbours. Met Hugh Laurie before House and Isla Fisher when she works in Home and Away. Most of the musos that I've met have been really messed up, same with most comedians. A bunch of cynical wet blanket you will ever hope to meet. My biggest regret is not meeting Peter Jackson. I knew New Zealanders who have worked for him and wanted to intro me on the film set of LoTR. I really liked his early stuff especially Brain Dead- classic. I was hoping to work as lowly fetcher but got really sick instead:(  The biggest regret ever!

I would really really like to meet Terry Pratchet. The guy's a genius.

Here.

I've met the local professional football team, the Central Coast Mariners. Had beers with the local Lord Mayor, shirtless, at the back the bay at the Grand Final too. He's a great chap.

As to who I'd like to chat with? Stephen Hawking would be amazing, I'd love to chat writing with Stephen Baxter, or Pratchet as mentioned above. I'd love to talk football tactics with Jose Mourinho. 

Kim Jong Un. Just to peek into that crazy, crazy head of his.

Here!

And I have never had the privilege of meeting a celebrity in my life.

As for celebrities I'd really like to meet - Gareth Bale (or any Spurs player for that matter!) or the Queen pop into my head.

/fashionably late

I've met a few musical celebrities in my life, I got to hang out with Kenny Wayne Shephard, chill with Winton Marsalis, got to "partake" in a certain activity with Afroman (if you know his music you know what I'm talking about), I even got on stage with Down one time, before quickly being shoved back into the crowd by security.

I also have met a good many celebrities at the place I work at, the only 4 star hotel in the upstate so any celebrities that come through the area come stay here. Most of them aren't really that big a deal, but I did deliver room service to Prince a while back. Ben Stein was the coolest celebrity that I've talked to working here. Interesting guy.

As far as what dead "celebrities" I would have loved to meet, my top 3 is Benjamin Franklin, Alfred Einstein, and Nikola Tesla, and then for the undorky side I would give just about ANYTHING to have just 5 minutes with my all-time favorite musician, Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Overall tho, the coolest celebrity story I have is that I one time got a tattoo from another musical prodigy whose music I listened to over and over, Dimebag Darrell himself. If I wasn't at work I'd try to get someone to get a picture of the tattoo, he did an amazing job honestly (he got shot to death on stage during a performance a few months after giving me the tattoo).

Archived