DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

Are you able to post without using the word 'freaking'?

If you have something to say then say it - but if not then maybe just shush.

Yes, I am. And if it isn't clear to you what I mean, well, here it's word by word: Are you SERIOUSLY calling people out for not achieving a lynch there, while you didn't even WANT a lynch?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course my were in your post should have been weren't.

Because on that Night You and Talya and BG - and was it Mish? Can't remember now. Anyways you all decided to start a brand new Train. I'm sure you remember?

But yesterday you were all 'I'll vote myself!' Such self sacrifice lol. And Talya and BG also helped out.

But really I can't be bothered anymore.

Oh, then that explains it... Stupid typos. And I wasn't "all "I'll vote myself" ", I'd only do it because a random would be worse. Just so that you know I wouldn't end up at L-1 at deadline and then again we'd lose like two townies.

The mafia has a vote controller. I was forced to vote Ed yesterday. I wasn't allowed to say or hint that my vote had been tampered with.

If we're lucky there was only 4 mafia. With 18 players it's hard to say if they were 4 or 5. If they were 5, it's game over, mafia won with a NK now. But if they're only 4, that means 3 left, and my guess is Rand, Talya and Ley. Why? Because they were all on the train I was forced to be on. So all they needed was 1 more town player to vote Ed and they would have majority.

I'm not so sure about this... If they indeed have a vote controller, it shouldn't have been this hard to get a lynch. I mean, I know that I am town, which means that not all mafia were on the lynch. So why didn't they do so? Were they afraid Mish would come out like this today? Or is it something else?

We needed two votes to get a majority. YOU didn't vote to get that majority. Are you blaming me for your own decision?

I simply did not want to go from the Majority Lynch to the Minority - of course you then went to the even more Minority.

And it was Turin's idea. I was previously encouraging people to vote and my votes even afterwards only further strengthened my opinion that if the Mafia wanted to screw up the Lynch - or get someone else killed they were going to have to come and do their own dirty work.

And good luck with the Vote Control angle there @ Mish. They might have controlled your vote but they certainly didn't make you case him or back up you super reasoning for voting him. That was ALL you.

You're twisting your own words. It was clear to everyone you didn't care (or maybe even prefered) if it was a random.

The rules, as BG pointed out, states that for the mafia to win they must have majority or equality to town. We are 8 players left now (Mish, Dap, Ithi, Ley, BG, Rand, Talya, Cloud). If the mafia were 4 members left, they would have equality with town after last Days lynch. So they must be 3 left. If we loose a townie during the night, we are still 4 townies to 3 mafias.

Lasr tome i did the marh yougot mad that i "knew" the bumbdr of mafia

I mean, is it POSSIBLE that it happens like I said. As said not a page ago, with 18 players it can be either 4 or 5 mafia. You talked like you were 100% certain there are four, while we didn't know. And now I was wondering, would we have lost with 5 already, or would we maybe lose if we don't block the kill, etc.

The rules, as BG pointed out, states that for the mafia to win they must have majority or equality to town. We are 8 players left now (Mish, Dap, Ithi, Ley, BG, Rand, Talya, Cloud). If the mafia were 4 members left, they would have equality with town after last Days lynch. So they must be 3 left. If we loose a townie during the night, we are still 4 townies to 3 mafias.

And that's what I wanted to know. So there are three mafias alive. Not 4. Well, except if there are less than 3 for some reason, but that's unlikely for balance purposes.

So Mish is saying she was forced to vote...it isn't something we have had before, no one else has mentioned it. Not heard of a JOAT having a vote giver role. 

@Ithi, I getting tired of your "I can't wait until this game is over, why can't it be over" etc...seems like you are trying too hard to be frustrated with the game, because you think we are going to lose to the mafia. It feels contrived and out on. You had the chance to help out the other day when it went to random, but you said you were going to refuse to, so you are just to blame as anyone else. Your high horse makes you look more like mafia.

Dun, dun, dunnnnnn!

Let (or was it Rand?), good for you being better your first game. Poop on you.

I don't get what this means...

I agree with Mish that the VC was probably a 1-shot type of role or something, because it does seem like they used it in a time where they almost would have won.  I think we can safely assume that the mafia have 3 people left, because they obviously didn't start with 5 because we would have lost, and starting with 3 would be nearly impossible for balance purposes, as Mish has pointed out.  Therefore, using the VC the day before LyLo would be helpful to mafia as they could get help trying to get to LyLo.  If its two-shot, then we're all almost screwed because mafia can force a vote on someone that's not part of their team, and then mafia can all pile on.  I usually don't see any two shot roles though so hopefully this doesn't happen.

Mish, I disagree with you that all the mafia were on the train that you were on, I would think maybe two or possibly one, because mafia doesn't want to put all their eggs in one basket or people on one lynch unless it is a lylo speed lynch situation.   But looking at that lynch might be a good place to start, if I remember correctly, the other people on that train were, in order, myself, Ley, Talya, and then BG.  

However, all of the above is assuming that she was actually VCed and is not just using that as an excuse to remain confirmed town.  She could easily say she had been VCed with no one challenging her and then ride through the rest of the game saying that because she was VCed she can't be mafia.  

I guess now we wait for night for results.

Talya comments on my forced vote, tries a slight discredit, but doesn't really say if she believes me or not.

I'm not sure whether I believe it or not. What else do you want me to say? I certainly didn't like the explanation of the JOAT...that was pushing it, what else are they meant to have done then? If they had that role, Cloud would be dead by now, because they could have blocked him. 

@Rand - as for the 2 x shot thing, our cop was 2 x shot, so it could be there. Lets hope not though. From what we have seen that was the only time. 

Talya comments on my forced vote, tries a slight discredit, but doesn't really say if she believes me or not.

I'm not sure whether I believe it or not. What else do you want me to say? I certainly didn't like the explanation of the JOAT...that was pushing it, what else are they meant to have done then? If they had that role, Cloud would be dead by now, because they could have blocked him. 

@Rand - as for the 2 x shot thing, our cop was 2 x shot, so it could be there. Lets hope not though. From what we have seen that was the only time. 

Not every JOAT has a roleblock...

Also if it's a two-shot vote controller it's game over, because they'd have vote control majority next day, if there are indeed (as Mish said) are 8 people alive and 3 of them mafia. It'd end up as random (except if a town would vote another town, which would mean instalynch), which would give them chance to NK, etc.

Wow rand that post was so weak, I don't even understand why you bother. You might as well just have admitted to being mafia and get it over and done with :laugh:

Please go ahead and tell me why Mish, are you perhaps scared that someone figured out that your VC was a fake and an attempt to ride through the game as confirmed town?  Or maybe you wanted to pass even more suspicion then necessary for those on the train because you know they are town?  What about my post made you try to discredit it?

Btw, please answer the last question.

Agree with Talya, JOAT doesn't usually have VC, but it could still be an option.  JOATs do not necessarily have a set number or type of actions, so there could be a VC and there couldn't be a roleblock.  Yeah thats true, forgot about that, but anyways, speculation is pointless.  If they have another VC, we are pretty much most likely doomed.  We have to assume that it doesn't exist so we can be ready for it.

Not every JOAT has a roleblock...

Also if it's a two-shot vote controller it's game over, because they'd have vote control majority next day, if there are indeed (as Mish said) are 8 people alive and 3 of them mafia. It'd end up as random (except if a town would vote another town, which would mean instalynch), which would give them chance to NK, etc.

Yeah, like I said before, not always the case.

In my experience a JOAT is a PR that has a selection of powers to use, what they are, how often they can be use and so on depends on the mod. Considering Ed was silent an entire day (you guys had conveniently forgotten about that, eh?) and I now got vote controlled, that made me think of a sort of JOAT

Rand:

I think we can safely assume that the mafia have 3 people left, because they obviously didn't start with 5 because we would have lost, and starting with 3 would be nearly impossible for balance purposes, as Mish has pointed out.

I've never said 3 mafia would be impossible for balance purposes. I don't think I've mentioned the possibility of there being 3 mafia to start off with at all.

I usually don't see any two shot roles though so hopefully this doesn't happen.

Really? So you didn't notice that our cop was 2-shot?

Therefore, using the VC the day before LyLo would be helpful to mafia as they could get help trying to get to LyLo. If its two-shot, then we're all almost screwed because mafia can force a vote on someone that's not part of their team, and then mafia can all pile on.

Thank you Captain obvious. Nice of you to tell us what you guys want to do, eh?

Mish, I disagree with you that all the mafia were on the train that you were on, I would think maybe two or possibly one, because mafia doesn't want to put all their eggs in one basket or people on one lynch unless it is a lylo speed lynch situation.

This is silly. I don't know how many times I've been on a mafia QT and made a plan that's started with "smart mafia would never do this, so that's why we're gonna do it, and then convince everyone mafia would never do that afterwards, so we'll get away with it".

And what on earth would be the point of using the vote control on me be otherwise? If they wanted me lynched, they would've made me forced to vote Ithi; we've had enough headbutts that it wouldn't have been a problem to get me out. No, I think they/you were afraid Ed was hiding some sort of power role, and wanted him dead, and forcing my vote was smart because I've been enough in the headlight that there was a possibility you could twist it so that I would be an easy lynch tomorrow.

However, all of the above is assuming that she was actually VCed and is not just using that as an excuse to remain confirmed town. She could easily say she had been VCed with no one challenging her and then ride through the rest of the game saying that because she was VCed she can't be mafia.

Now this is the weak part of your post that just seem like hopeless flailing. What on earth would I gain by fakeclaiming it? I've been on rocky ground ever since I claimed my role; what would I gain from putting myself back in the middle of the spotlight? You're just trying desperatley to discredit me, diverting attention away from you tree, and hope people won't go after all of you. You've already planted the seed that we have to look elsewhere for the mafia than just those on the Ed-train. Hoping to save at least one, hm?

We don't know that happened to Ed, if it did why didn't he tell us, if you can then surely he could have too. The unfortunate thing about Ed, is he wasn't around much the rest of the time, so he really didn't help us. 

@Mish - When were you told to vote for Ed?

In my experience a JOAT is a PR that has a selection of powers to use, what they are, how often they can be use and so on depends on the mod. Considering Ed was silent an entire day (you guys had conveniently forgotten about that, eh?) and I now got vote controlled, that made me think of a sort of JOAT

If Ed was quiet for an entire day because of an action, he could have talked about it after day ended just like you did.

Rand:

I think we can safely assume that the mafia have 3 people left, because they obviously didn't start with 5 because we would have lost, and starting with 3 would be nearly impossible for balance purposes, as Mish has pointed out.

I've never said 3 mafia would be impossible for balance purposes. I don't think I've mentioned the possibility of there being 3 mafia to start off with at all.

Sorry, that was Ley.  The point is that both of you commented on the number of mafia, and I agree with this number as well.

I usually don't see any two shot roles though so hopefully this doesn't happen.

Really? So you didn't notice that our cop was 2-shot?

Usually.  Key word.

Therefore, using the VC the day before LyLo would be helpful to mafia as they could get help trying to get to LyLo. If its two-shot, then we're all almost screwed because mafia can force a vote on someone that's not part of their team, and then mafia can all pile on.

Thank you Captain obvious. Nice of you to tell us what you guys want to do, eh?

I like how this is less of a case and more of assuming I am mafia, and then attacking me.  I was trying to show why it could or could not be a 1-shot, 2-shot or so on.

Mish, I disagree with you that all the mafia were on the train that you were on, I would think maybe two or possibly one, because mafia doesn't want to put all their eggs in one basket or people on one lynch unless it is a lylo speed lynch situation.

This is silly. I don't know how many times I've been on a mafia QT and made a plan that's started with "smart mafia would never do this, so that's why we're gonna do it, and then convince everyone mafia would never do that afterwards, so we'll get away with it".

There's a difference between doing something that mafia wouldn't normally do versus doing something that is just stupid.  VCing someone and then putting your entire team on that same vote when that person can just reveal right after night is just stupid.  Also, your list took only people on the train, which means that you are implying that everyone on the other train is innocent which is a horrible idea to do, unless you have a very strong reason to do so.  From now on, we will probably have to lynch mafia every single day, so if you assume that everyone was on that train, and there was just one mafia who wasn't, then we just lost the game if we choose to lynch those who are on your list.

And what on earth would be the point of using the vote control on me be otherwise? If they wanted me lynched, they would've made me forced to vote Ithi; we've had enough headbutts that it wouldn't have been a problem to get me out. No, I think they/you were afraid Ed was hiding some sort of power role, and wanted him dead, and forcing my vote was smart because I've been enough in the headlight that there was a possibility you could twist it so that I would be an easy lynch tomorrow.

I'm not saying that they wouldn't have even attempted to put some votes on the same train as yours, I'm saying its always smart to not put all of your votes on the same train that you also VCed.

However, all of the above is assuming that she was actually VCed and is not just using that as an excuse to remain confirmed town. She could easily say she had been VCed with no one challenging her and then ride through the rest of the game saying that because she was VCed she can't be mafia.

Now this is the weak part of your post that just seem like hopeless flailing. What on earth would I gain by fakeclaiming it? I've been on rocky ground ever since I claimed my role; what would I gain from putting myself back in the middle of the spotlight? You're just trying desperatley to discredit me, diverting attention away from you tree, and hope people won't go after all of you. You've already planted the seed that we have to look elsewhere for the mafia than just those on the Ed-train. Hoping to save at least one, hm?

Oh yes, the supposed weak part of my post.  Here let me answer you questions.  What on earth would you gain by fakeclaiming if you've been on rocky ground?  If people took this for granted, then you would essentially be confirmed mafia for the rest of the game because mafia wouldn't VC one of their own.  So by fakeclaiming, you could gain a lot.  Secondly, as you mentioned, you are already in the spotlight, so putting yourself more in the spotlight doesn't do much, so their isn't much to lose.  But here's the funny part.  You say that I am trying to desperately discredit you (when all I did was point out the possibility that this may not be right because of other things happening) and then say I am trying to look elsewhere in the hope of saving one.  However, if you are on the mafia team and there was someone on the other train, then you are doing exactly what you accused me of, trying to save one.  And going back to the discrediting part, I thought you were town when I posted that bit about only being true if you weren't lying.  So I don't know where you got desperately trying to discredit me, but I just started thinking you were mafia by your extremely defensive actions right now.

But people in this game doesn't take anything for granted Rand; so if I was hoping that people would take it for granted and give me a free pass I must be beyond stupid. And last time I checked, I'm not :laugh:

Talya; Night 4, as you know.

We don't know that happened to Ed, if it did why didn't he tell us, if you can then surely he could have too. The unfortunate thing about Ed, is he wasn't around much the rest of the time, so he really didn't help us. 

@Mish - When were you told to vote for Ed?

Exactly, if Ed was actually silenced, he would have told us.

But people in this game doesn't take anything for granted Rand; so if I was hoping that people would take it for granted and give me a free pass I must be beyond stupid. And last time I checked, I'm not :laugh:

Talya; Night 4, as you know.

Right, but the fact that you assume that every mafia must be on that lynch combined with how strongly you defended yourself when I mentioned that you may not have actually been VCed is what gets me.  I don't actually think that town will only lynch those people, but I'm casing you because you think we should.

Archived