DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask Simple questions, get simple answers (aMoL version covering the entire series)

Barid Bel Medar

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there any sort of conflict with the shadow on the continent Seanchan? Or did the entire universe's fate only concern part of the world?

Aside from Semi slaughtering the entire royal family and throwing the whole continent in chaos with a likely DF ruling in Seander?

and also, how is it that Rand leaves the "remnant of a remnant"? Surely the Aiel weren't almost all killed of during TG right?

I'd guess it means that the Aiel as a nation will change their purpose and culture drastically from their origins.

Though it would seem that less than 10 percent of the Aiel that went to Shayol Ghul actually survived and at least 7 of the clan chiefs were killed too. [ Rhuarc at SG and 6 at FoM.]

Quote from AMoL A Knack

“I warn you, Rhuarc,” Rand said. “You will need to change your ways. The Aiel will have to act together on these matters; the chiefs and Wise Ones will need to hold council to make decisions together. One clan cannot fight a battle while other clans disagree and fight for the other side.

“We will speak of it,” Rhuarc said, nodding to the other Aiel chiefs.

“This will mean an end to the Aiel.”

“A beginning as well,” Rand said.

And 

“She speaks wisdom,” Rhuarc said, stepping up to the front of the crowd. “Our purpose was to prepare for your need of us at this Last Battle—our purpose was to be strong enough to be preserved. We will need another purpose. I have buried blood feuds for you, Rand al’Thor. I would not take them up again. I have friends now that I would rather not kill.”

Did Amys survive? At the end of the book Aviendha has a talk with Bair and Sorilea about the future of the Aiel, Amys is pointedly not there, does that mean Graendal killed her? It would also fit with the pattern that seems to kill husbands and wives together. We know Rhuarc, Amy's husband was killed, so it would fit this trend that Amys also is dead.

<script language='javascript'> </script>

Was the "into the heart" prophecy fulfilled by rand and narishma like rand tried to force or was it fulfilled another way?

i was wondering this myself. Did anything significant happen with Narishma pulling callandor out after Rand had replaced it in the Stone?

1. Perrin says at the end of Amol that he and Rand are no longer Ta'veren. Is he correct? How about Mat?

2. Was Callandor left in the pit of doom? Any reason why? [ When Rand emerges from the Pit, he carries Moridin, who is unconscious. Being that Rand has only one hand, and Moridin is incapacitated, did that mean that Callandor was left behind?]

3. Did Amys survive? At the end of the book Aviendha has a talk with Bair and Sorilea about the future of the Aiel, Amys is pointedly not there, does that mean Graendal killed her? It would also fit with the pattern that seems to kill husbands and wives together. We know Rhuarc, Amy's husband was killed, so it would fit this trend that Amys also is dead.

4. The borderlanders have burned a large part of Shienar, and Kandor has been destroyed by the Shadow [Trollocs there will have destroyed all the farms.]

Caemlyn, which has most of the food supply left in Andor, has been destroyed by trollocs too.

And Arad Doman has virtually no food as well.[ The last supplies were in the capital city, the countryside was ravaged.]

Ghealdan and most of Altara are empty too.[We see this from Perrin's travels through them and having a royally difficult time finding any supplies.]

Tear has sent all its food supplies for the LB. Presumably, Illian has done the same. The question arises that where will enough food be available until the next harvest?   

Was the "into the heart" prophecy fulfilled by rand and narishma like rand tried to force or was it fulfilled another way?

i was wondering this myself. Did anything significant happen with Narishma pulling callandor out after Rand had replaced it in the Stone?

i will probably get reamed by all the old timers but you think callandor at the DO's hidey hole is the "dark" and Moridin taking it from Rand is the actual prophecy?

i will probably get reamed by all the old timers but you think callandor at the DO's hidey hole is the "dark" and Moridin taking it from Rand is the actual prophecy?

By "dark" I'm guessing you meant to write "heart." I like that idea...perhaps there's something to it.

On the other hand, when you look at how RJ named characters, if they were adapted from major figures of legend (e.g. Egwene al'Vere = Guinevere, and so on), you can expect them to be very important characters. Google the name "Narasimha" and tell me Narishma was not intended to be a major player in the world. BS himself was always upfront about how nobody could have done the job RJ would have done. I am grateful to BS for finishing the series, and think he was the best person available for the job, but I am convinced that we missed out on many Narishma "moments of awesome" that will never be told. Instead, we got Androl...

By "dark" I'm guessing you meant to write "heart." I like that idea...perhaps there's something to it.

On the other hand, when you look at how RJ named characters, if they were adapted from major figures of legend (e.g. Egwene al'Vere = Guinevere, and so on), you can expect them to be very important characters. Google the name "Narasimha" and tell me Narishma was not intended to be a major player in the world. BS himself was always upfront about how nobody could have done the job RJ would have done. I am grateful to BS for finishing the series, and think he was the best person available for the job, but I am convinced that we missed out on many Narishma "moments of awesome" that will never be told. Instead, we got Androl...

Haha...

Look up Moridin online at the urban dictionary (a truly valid source of information)

1.A 'Moridin' is often refered to a nerdy Canadian. A Moridin usually lives in Alberta and drinks out of a milk-bag. 

4. The borderlanders have burned a large part of Shienar, and

Kandor has been destroyed by the Shadow [Trollocs there will have

destroyed all the farms.]

Caemlyn, which has most of the food supply left in Andor, has been destroyed by trollocs too.

And Arad Doman has virtually no food as well.[ The last supplies were in the capital city, the countryside was ravaged.]

Ghealdan and most of Altara are empty too.[We see this from

Perrin's travels through them and having a royally difficult time

finding any supplies.]

Tear has sent all its food supplies for the LB. Presumably, Illian

has done the same. The question arises that where will enough food be

available until the next harvest? 

As the death count was so high at the LB maybe there are enough less mouths to feed that they will manage.

4. The borderlanders have burned a large part of Shienar, and

Kandor has been destroyed by the Shadow [Trollocs there will have

destroyed all the farms.]

Ghealdan and most of Altara are empty too.[We see this from

Perrin's travels through them and having a royally difficult time

finding any supplies.]

Tear has sent all its food supplies for the LB. Presumably, Illian

has done the same. The question arises that where will enough food be

available until the next harvest? 

As the death count was so high at the LB maybe there are enough less mouths to feed that they will manage.

Wow ! Someone actually reads my earlier posts! Thanks, and thanks for the reply too, Rhienne.

Soo..who was Mat? Did I somehow miss an explanation of his origin? Someone said that he had been around longer than anyone, and we know he is not a hero of the horn, but who is he then???

Moiraine was saying to Rand that having access to old memories doesn't actually make you old or give you authority. Otherwise Mat, with his memories from thousands of years ago given to him by the 'Finns, would be the oldest person around.

Archived