DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the PM's I had to ask a few questions when I first saw mine, I would think that everyone would do that. Not just have a quick look and leave it.

It would be nice if more people actually took part, again it always seems to be the same few talking *sighs*

I actually asked quite a few questions trying to consolidate my understanding of my character and my alignment but I also thought my character was an exception. A bad guy being town was a tad confusing.

Night. Just got home (was at parents)

Talyavyoubthinnk ed is mafia?

Anyway if he is and is no longer votingvpeace duevto self preservation that means he would know peacevisvtownn annd telling thevtruth. Therefore youvwould be mafia cos peacewould be telling the truth about the viewings

so what im saying us if you belueve that then you are mmmafia by ommision

that doesnt make sense then for ed to be voting you cos your flip would sink him.

Im thinking in weiird circles

someone else can try figure that out. Night

Dap, that was confusing. But I only voted Talya to have my vote on someone (explained below). 

Now, here goes nothing. 

I am wondering who sent that info to Peace. Because I think it's a role the mafia has. 

Seriously, you up and get a message that TWO people are scum? Sorry, a bit over powered without a balance. The question is, is it all wrong, or just partially (thus, I moved my vote to Talya). 

Now, go back and think about Darthe's death. Read his Coroner report, and then think why I didn't believe you were a Vig, especially after Ley claimed he was a 1x Vig. Think why I kept asking you how many shots you had, Peace. Because I shot at Darthe Night 1. That's why he was Vanilla already (though, I'm honestly not sure if that would have shown the same if I hadn't shot him). I actually thought my kill had been redirected to Kae by someone. Turns out you shot her. 

It makes me wonder how many more 1x BPVs there are. And if there aren't any, with THREE 1x Vigs, it makes one wonder exactly what the mafia has to balance that. Like say, just maybe, a role that allows them to send another player a message via the Mod? 

Anyways, I'm town. I keep going back and forth on Peace, but I am leaning town. I think Ley is town. 

Tayla... well, it might sound crazy, but another reason I voted her, is that if the mafia DID send the "info" to Peace, then it could be a gambit to vet Talya. If the lynch on Peace went through, you'd all either lynch Talya or myself. So, if Peace flipped town, I think I'd be next. But once I flipped town, well, it'd be easy for Talya to skate by. 

I think I'm just being paranoid, but yea. I could see that happening. 

I also don't like how Ishy has just been goading here and there without really adding anything. 

So, tl;dr:

Ed is Town. Ed was 1x Vig. Ed shot Darthe N1. Ed became Vanilla. Darthe was 1x BPV. Darthe became Vanilla. 

Peace might be town. Ley probably is town. Talya could be scum and part of a crazy gambit. 

No like Ishy. 

Caught up, man did things ever explode while I was gone... Why do you guys always do this to me? :tongue:

I've
been thinking this whole thing with Peace over. And my conclusion is...
He's been acting too crazy to be mafia. He's been deliberatly drawing
attention, first with his "bloody" the first two days and now whatever
kind of weird PR he has. I've never seen a mafia player do that. Peace
is usually damn good as mafia; I've been mafia with him and I know. He
hasn't been good at all this game (sorry dear). So I think he is town, and with RTE's information, so is Basel.

And with that, I will vote Ed

Ed was a iffy feeling I've had through most of the game without being able to put my finger on exactly why, I sit with the impression that he's done as much as he can to sow chaos and confusion and not contribute much to town. That combined with Peace's info makes me quite sure he is scum.

I'm afraid that the information Peace has might not be completly accurate. He said he got the information from a "Non player" but that doesn't necessarily mean he got the information from a mod.

A mafia member wants to send someone a anonymous message. He/she sends it to Ithi, then Ithi passes it over to Peace in this case.

Now technically, you didn't get the information from a player right? But the information you recieved still originated from a player. I think it was on my last game before I took a break where I actually had a roll like that, I could send 2 anonymous messages to anyone I wanted (and I was scum in that game). 

This combined with the fact that we might potentially sit on alot of Vigs or BPV's means that mafia has to have something to balance it up with, which makes it logical that anyone with the power to send messages to other players, can't possibly be working for town. wifomwifomwifomISUCK

In a game I was in recently, Moon's Dexter game, there was someone (I think it was Ishy actually), who had an investigate role, who had to pass his information on to another player via the mod; he could not post it himself.

In a game I was in recently, Moon's Dexter game, there was someone (I think it was Ishy actually), who had an investigate role, who had to pass his information on to another player via the mod; he could not post it himself.

It was Ishy, he was a ghosty.  

Peace just confuses me...first his bloody thing, then he's a vig. He posts that he is still a vig and then claims vanilla. Then he gets info from a non player.

@Mish...I had that role before Ishy took over. It was a ghost watcher.

I'm pretty sure Ed or Peace are scum. Just because they are at each others throats so much.

Holy cow that was a lot to read through and a lot of random information coming up.

Summary so I can work off it:

1. Ley shoots Len, scene says two shots involved, mafia roleblocker (wouldn't match scene) or someone lying about shot, Len our doc is dead

2. Peace loses his PR, gets information from a non player that Ed and Talya are scum, tells them to keep asking him questions, apparently had the Ark before, could be the possibility for his PR when stolen?

3. Basel apparently stole the Ark from Peace and can create a will to pass it onto yet another player

4. RTE said that everyone who has had the ark (Peace, Basel) are bad guys.

5. Ed is a 1-shot vig, got rid of Darthe's BPV, which later got Darthe killed, thinks that mafia sent the information to Peace in order to confuse town.

Now to break these down and analyze them.

1. So the scene with two shots is very interesting for Len's death.  Now the two possibilities that are most likely is either a roleblocker or a double shot.  However, considering the flavor of the scene, roleblocker just doesn't make too much sense.  You could make the argument that the two shot was meant to illustrate that the first was a distraction (the roleblock) and the second the actual kill, but that's stretching it a little, so I do think there was a second shot.  However, with all the 1-shot vigs that keep coming up, why not another who's hiding, might even be an SK?  Or maybe one of the current one is an SK as well?  Move onto that information later.

2. First of all, Peace explain your PR.  If you say that it has no impact on the game, then just explain it.  It will help us know whether your are town with a real one or were just faking one the entire time.  Second of all, with the information, as Ed later points out, it could have easily been sent from another mafia player.  However, I think that the part of the information that says it is a non-player was meant to ensure that it did not come from another player and somehow came from one of the mods themselves.  Otherwise, that would just be useless and an attempt to trick you, which while allowed, would not be completely likely imo.  Now the questions thing is really confusing, and the only option I see is not explaining my thoughts because of reasons I can't explain.  :rolleyes: Yeah... think about it for a bit, maybe you'll see.  I encourage anyone with any more information about the Ark to step forward as it would be immensely helpful to see what it does.  Now to take a little bit of the movie,

Indiana Jones spoiler, but it does contain information relevant to the game, so look if you want to

In the movie, when the ark was finally opened, everyone who was looking finally died by their faces melting off (hilarious scene).  I suspect that this is somewhat the same, that at some point in the game with some certain circumstance, the ark will open and some people will die.  Because of this, we must be open to the possibility that should Basel give the Ark to a mafia player?  Unless the Ark has given you some benefit while you are holding it Basel, in the movie, it didn't have any positive effects, so we must think about that as well

3. OK so most of this is covered under the spoiler section above, but we must look at this.  Because of this reveal, I strongly suspect that Basel is town.  An ability like that doesn't seem like one given to mafia and if it is, why would he reveal that.  So regardless of Peace's flip, as someone else also said (I believe it was Ed, but I could definitely be wrong), I think Basel will be town.

4. RTE's information.  So this is actually pretty valuable in my final conclusion.  I think that since RTE got this information that the people who have had the Ark are bad guys, and we know that both of them are now vanilla pretty much, we could even see this as kind of a verification that Peace and Basel are town.  Now, I know I was the one who said not to do this, but it appears that the information has been presented that makes it necessary.  And people will probably hate me for what I now do, especially Ed.  In my vanilla role, I am not good, and this leads me to think that the other vanilla roles are not good either, just as Kae's or Darthe's wasn't.  Therefore I think that this clears Peace and Basel, and I will now look at them as town, since if we want to get something accomplished today, we can't just keep flipping our views and our votes and then lynch the person with the most, we must reach a consensus, and only change it if new information is presented.

5. Finally, Ed's wonderful 1-shot vig claim, that saves him from everyone, gives a reasonable explanation for Darthe's loss of BPV, and everything seems from one end all tied up.  However, because of previous talk about the non-player information, I think that it is from the mods (and if it is then it has to be true) CLARIFICATION: Peace it said scum or antitown not bad guys right?  Anyways, since I believe that it came from the mods and that Peace is town because of the above, then I think that he is telling the truth.  But then you ask, where would an extra kill come from to take Darthe's BPV if Ed is mafia?  Excellent question, :wink:  I have two possibilities in my mind.  First of all, one of the mafia received a sort of extra kill which they were able to use, or second of all, and I think more likely, Ed is actually a 1-shot or multi shot serial killer who is anti town (thus the information) and was still able to shoot Darthe.  Or someone else did and somehow Ed used that, which is probably not the case.

However, though I do think that Ed is mafia because of this, if Peace is town, it is slightly more likely that Talya is mafia then Ed, because if Ed is town, there is still the whole gambit possibility as well (which doesn't work so well on Talya's end due to Ed's 1-shot and so on).  Therefore, I think Talya is a little more likely to be mafia and that is why I put my vote Talya on the VC and encourage anyone else voting for Ed to do so as well, because if they believe Ed is mafia, then they believe Talya is as well.

Oh and for the post that said waiting until day, I hadn't caught up, I just looked at the thread title I think, or maybe I was just really sleepy.  Also, sorry about not being able to contribute as much.  Anyways, I just spent about 30 min to an hour on this and have a crapload of homework to catch up on, so see you!

Archived