DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Through End of Chapter 40

Luckers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyway.......... so when Demandred said his rule is secure in ToM and Graendel had no idea what he had been up to.

What was he up to and where?

He fell in love with a pretty girl and became convinced he was the true Savior of the prophecies.

anyway.......... so when Demandred said his rule is secure in ToM and Graendel had no idea what he had been up to.

He fell in love with a pretty girl and became convinced he was the true Savior of the prophecies.

OK I didnt see that one coming :P

I've always enjoyed a few spoilers for everything I enjoy. 

I would just like to say that I'm giggling with glee if Egwene is really dead before the end of the book.  I hope her death was absolutely meaningless.  It's ashame it couldn't have happened a few books earlier for me. 

I would have liked for Suain and Gareth to make it along with Bashere.   But Gawyn was as pointless as Egwene in my opinion.  I never liked either one of them. 

I would just like to say that I'm giggling with glee if Egwene is really dead before the end of the book.  I hope her death was absolutely meaningless.

Her death wasn't meaningless. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense thematically: she is this era's Rashima Kerenmosa and her storyline has always mirrored Rand's. There were also early signs of her being an Eldrene parallel. Even as someone who doesn't particularly like Egwene, I think she deserved to go out in a blaze of glory if she had to die, and a large part of me would have wanted to see all main characters—including Egwene—get happy endings (reasonably happy, not Disney-like). After following these characters for twenty years, it's hard to see them die...even the ones who weren't our favorites.

Valan Luca!?! :)

Yes boys and girls most if not all of that takes place in Chapter 37.  It's called "the Last Battle" but you might as well rename it "Repeated Kicks to Groin" cause that's how you'll feel reading it.  Get your bottle of Scotch ready when you saddle up for this beauty, you'll need it.

No scotch in the house, but there will be alcoholic beverages drunk as I read. And hopefully a curb nearby for the 40.

I was so hoping Siuan and Gareth would make it. Dang.

All I'll say is: Egwene facing Taim made sense. She has fought those who lead the channelers of the Shadow, as she leads many who fight for the Light. Taim was her opposite, in that. But her defeating Taim is a sideshow, in the end. A path to something far more important.

Archived