DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Through End of Chapter 40

Luckers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Siuan's death was like ice water, not particularly shocking, in fact expected when she made her choice per Min viewing, but it was resounding. Maybe because of how awesome she's always been, or just that it was the first death that mattered. And then Bryne's corpse. :'(

Brigitte's beheading was shocking. Her return not as much, but so very welcome. And Lan too.

Ha, perfect description of Siuans death.  Like ice water.  Not particularly shocking or moving, but it felt cold that we lost her.

I just finished reading AMOL..I'm still reeling but mostly I'm grateful...

I don't know all the answers but it "felt" right that Egewene killed Demandred.    I also cheered in my head when Bella ran for Olver...

Taim. Egwene got Taim.

Lan got Bao the Wyld.

In Demmy vs. M'Hael, Demandred shields Taim, then Taim tries to travel via True Power, Demandred makes a TP lichen-shield. Wasn't someone shielded from the OP also supposed to be shielded from the TP?

Matt taking a liking to kaf was a nice detail though.

In Demmy vs. M'Hael, Demandred shields Taim, then Taim tries to travel via True Power, Demandred makes a TP lichen-shield. Wasn't someone shielded from the OP also supposed to be shielded from the TP?

This I'm pretty sure you're right on, per a quote from RJ.

i don't think so ... Rand is shielded when he escapes Semirhage and he channels TP ...

Edith : he's not shielded , he is collared but still he can channel TP where he can't channel OP ...

i don't think so ... Rand is shielded when he escapes Semirhage and he channels TP ...

Edith : he's not shielded , he is collared but still he can channel TP where he can't channel OP ...

Question:
When a person that can channel is shielded, where is the shield placed? Is it placed around the whole body of the person or around the head of the channeler where they sense saidin/saidar? If you are shielded from the One Power, are you also shielded from the True Power? What happens if someone in a circle is shielded? Can a Warder feel that his Aes Sedai is shielded?

Robert Jordan Answers:
A shield exists both as a barrier around the entire person and as a single point along with everything in between. . (In a way, this is like the Bore, which does not actually exist as Shayol Ghul. The Bore exists everywhere, but Shayol Ghul is the place where it can best be detected. Which is not to say that there is any connection between the Bore and a shield. Both simply exist in different states simultaneously.) Someone who is shielded and trying to get past the shield can "feel" their way along its inner "surface" hunting for weaknesses, such as the points that indicate where the shield is being maintained or has been tied off. Shielding against the One Power will indeed stop someone from reaching for the True Power. It isn't possible to shield one person out of a circle since, in effect, the circle has become a single person for the purpose of channeling. You would have to shield the entire circle, which would require either a circle of your own or a pretty hefty sa'angreal. A Warder cannot feel that his Aes Sedai has been shielded, though he would be aware of any agitation on her part. But this would tell him no more than that she was agitated.

http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Question_of_the_Week#Week_8

Archived