DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I had this idea when we started the game.  It was risky but at the time it was profitable.  I offered information in exchange for acknowledgement because I wanted to know who would ask and who wouldn't.  Unfortunately, by the time some of you bothered to question me a bit the information that I have became significantly less valuable because of the actions of another player in the game.  However, my (in large part) silence has offered new opportunities to hunt down te mafiaz and so we proceed.  

I would like to take a moment to remind you all that mafia is a game of logic and reasoning.  A lot of the things done either by tradition, rote, or superstition on DM, things that have been built up by long time and your personal relationships with each other, are stupid.  Completely.  In order to find mafia we need to eliminate who those individual could not be as much as we need to mark who they could be.  AKA, you can clear people based on their actions alone, though the thought seems taboo to many here.  These long speeches and cases that have little impact are simple filler material.  A game could have been over in 12-20 pages and yet we still bicker wistfully over things that are by and large irrelevant.  Trust your gut, trust your logic.  If either is faulty share it anyhow.  If both are leading you in the same direction then push it.  Find townies as much as you find mafia.  Cause if we outnumber them we win.

Kill leyrann, he isn't helping the town.

When did you turn into Despo?

This makes the mod laugh. You get a brownie.

Brownie300dpi.jpg

I just realized something.

If I say

I am not town.

Then won't the LD check this statement, see its false, and then know I am town? 

no Rand, no. You've gotten confuzzled somewhere

why not?  Because supposing someone is not town and says they are town, LD gets a false reading.  Then if I say I am not town, then the LD should also get a false reading, right?

Discussing gameplay at night usually favors the mafia imo.

Why do you think I am not yet telling who I gave my power-up, or what that power-up was?

I just realized something.

If I say

I am not town.

Then won't the LD check this statement, see its false, and then know I am town? 

no Rand, no. You've gotten confuzzled somewhere

why not?  Because supposing someone is not town and says they are town, LD gets a false reading.  Then if I say I am not town, then the LD should also get a false reading, right?

That depends. If you're mafia, the LD would get a true reading. :smile:

Archived