DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will live and who will die esp. Cadsuane

Stormofheaven

I have been re-reading the series. Currently on COT and you can kind get a feeling that Cad. will be going out in a big way. She is constantly mentioning that she has to survived until her job is done. I expect her to go down fighting someone. A forsaken perhaps?

I expect at least Itualde or Bashere to die in some glorious charge. A big battle is going on and the trollocs break through. They sacrifice themselves leading the charge to plug the gap.

Thats all I can think of now, I am at work and do not have the books on hand to provide references.

It is mentioned that Cadsuane will teach Ashaman something very crucial, key to the Last Battle. Everyone wants her dead because of her attitude but I like her:) However, I have the same feeling she will die in a glorious way in which we will forgive her for past behaviours.

I expect at least Galad or Gawyn to die during the Last Battle, maybe both of them. I will be very surprised and disappointed if none die.

I think Robert Jordan has been very reluctant to kill the good guys, so I expect at most one major and a few ( maybe 3-4) secondary character will die.

Hopefully the entire Trakand clan. There have already been hints about Elayne going (Min's viewing that Avhienda will have four kids, but that it won't be normal, which has led to theories that she will adopt Elayne's children when Elayne dies). Gawyn is simply awful and doesn't deserve to live for all that he's done, particularly if he's going to be hanging around Egwene forever if he doesn't die.

I like Cadsuane but I agree that she won't come out of this alive. I really hope Elayne goes, really dislike reading her POVs. I also think that either Perrin or Mat will go so as to join the rest of the heroes linked to the horn, my money is on Mat. which wil be epic although very sad.

NO! I must now though, any links to some info?

Here you go mate, welcome to DM!

RJ

So there you have it. Oh, finishing A Memory of Light, of course, and getting started on Mat and Tuon, and some others, five to ten years after the Last Battle

tom doherty

BIGGIE! The Seanchan will not be wrapped up by Tarmon Gai'don, and the three "outrigger" novels Robert Jordan wanted to do would be Mat and Tuon going back over to Seanchan and tying that up

http://www.theoryland.com/wheel-of-time-interview-search.php

There are a bunch more quotes but basically before RJ passed away he planned to write a three book series about Mat and Tuon going back to reclaim Seanchan.

Almost certainly not. I cannot believe he left many notes on them, and though Harriet and Co. tapped BS to take over finishing up the series there is no indication that they have any plans to continue the series, and he has not dropped any spoilers to that effect.

His mis-characterization of Mat has been one of the biggest complaints about BS with regards to WoT. I really doubt anyone would have the faith that he could pull it off.

While I would love to the Seanchan pushed off the continent or something, I just don't believe we will all get a happy ending.

I think the five Two Rivers folk will survive. Cadsuane I agree will die. I can only hope that Elayne falls, but I doubt it, I suspect that she will make it. I think Thom and Moraine will fall. As sad as it sounds, I think Egwene deserves to have Gawyn die, and I hope it happens, but once again I doubt it. Bashere I think will die, along with is wife. I see some of the wise ones falling in battle, along with some of the clan chiefs.

These are the people I want to survive.

Amys & Avi, any other Aeil can buy the farm, though I like quite a few of them.

Mat, Nynaeve & Min and....Ya, everyone else can go. I would like Rand to live, but I don't think there is any way to pull that off without it being to Jesus like.

It is mentioned that Cadsuane will teach Ashaman something very crucial, key to the Last Battle. Everyone wants her dead because of her attitude but I like her:) However, I have the same feeling she will die in a glorious way in which we will forgive her for past behaviours.

Now that I think about it, I had always kind of lumped Min's viewing of Cads teaching the Ashaman something in with her having to teach Rand to laugh and cry again. I guess I just always assumed Cads would teach the Ashaman that they weren't just weapons, and how to feel again. Some such vaguery like that. With the BT storyline looking more and more prominent in the last book, I wonder if what she will teach them will be something more tangible, like, Rand's party shows up at the BT when the fit hits the shan and her ter'angreal messes up the MoM on an imposter Logain, or something.

It's kind of buried under everything that has happened, but Cads was originally introduced as this contrary Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah who tracked down men who channeled to gentle them, but tried to help them. It would be fitting if she played a big part in rescueing the Black Tower. Maybe even dying in the fight. I would find that satisfying.

Like most of you, I am also fairly sure Cads will go out in a blaze of glory. I still think safe money on the cry part of Min's viewing has to do with Rand losing Cads after realizing just how important she was to keeping him together since aCoS. But how exactly? It would almost be a shame to have her die to one of the Forsaken, since everyone except Olver has already dispatched one or two of those bunglers.

Now that I think about it, I had always kind of lumped Min's viewing of Cads teaching the Ashaman something in with her having to teach Rand to laugh and cry again. I guess I just always assumed Cads would teach the Ashaman that they weren't just weapons, and how to feel again. Some such vaguery like that.

None of the Asha'man are supposed to like what Cadsuane will teach them according to Min's vision. Many of them will not at all mind being told that they are not just weapons. My best guess is that the lesson will have something to do with the limitations of the OP and will involve Cadsuane's ter'angreal. Cadsuane herself had learn it when she earned those ter'angreal but none of the Ash'man have learned it yet. And none of them will like it either.

I think what Cadsuane has to teach Asha'man and Rand is learn to trust Aes Sedai or that they have to work with Aes Sedai or something very similar. See here:

http://www.theorylan...in.php?i=473#12

Question

Has Cadsuane met Min's vision regarding the lesson she must teach Rand and the Asha'man, which they won't like one bit?

Brandon Sanderson

Part of it.

The lesson can't be "laughter and tears" because not every Asha'man needs it, just Rand and probably a few inconsequential ones and the viewing says it is only one thing that Cadsuane is going to teach so it can't be "laughter and tears" for Rand and something else for others. Since the viewing is partially fulfilled, she already taught the lesson to someone and only possible candidates for that are Rand and the Asha'man with him. As far as I can remember all the Asha'man in Rand's party are bonded to Aes Sedai, assuming he didn't meet up with half the Asha'man that Logain got out of the BT. And Rand got the "trust your allies" thing down in ToM. So they learned their lesson to trust Aes Sedai which fulfills the viewing partially.

None of the Asha'man are supposed to like what Cadsuane will teach them according to Min's vision. Many of them will not at all mind being told that they are not just weapons. My best guess is that the lesson will have something to do with the limitations of the OP and will involve Cadsuane's ter'angreal. Cadsuane herself had learn it when she earned those ter'angreal but none of the Ash'man have learned it yet. And none of them will like it either.

I disagree for two reasons.

1) Cadsuane doesn't know the limitations of the OP. Even the AoL'ers don't know it, because I remember stuff that 3rd Agers developed that surprised Rand, Moridin and Demandred.

2) They don't need to be taught the limitations of the OP. You learn the limits of OP by pushing the boundaries and with trial-error. Otherwise you become stagnant like the WT.

by limitations of the OP I meant that the Asha'man have to learn that the OP can't help them in all situations. none of them have learned that. Cadsuane with her OP blocking ter'angreal is in good position to teach this to them. working with Aes Sedai might be a possibility too although I would say that Androl and his group are on their way of learning this without Cadusane's involvement.

Sorry, my bad. Still disagree though, most Asha'man lived their entire life without being aware they could channel. Flinn, Androl and Emarin are perfect example of it. They don't need to be taught the OP can't help them in all situations because up until few months ago, they've been living their lives without ever resorting to OP at all.

Guest theconstantgardner

I think Gawyn will die for sure along with a couple more men with him because he took the bloodknives rings with out telling anyone. Pretty happy to see it happen, I always thought he was a little whiny. Elayne could die leaving Avi her two children but didn't Avi have 4 of her own children when she had her vision of a potential future. Don't have any books on me so I can't reference :/

I think Min will die.

Out of Rand's harem, her purpose will be ended with TG. She was to be the one he could trust; the one who could tie him down to the earth, and her mind is needed to figure out Herid Fel's writings and help Rand about the seals. But she can't channel, and if Rand survives, it'll hurt him more to see her grow old and die, then to die at TG I think. Elayne and Avi have their purposes after the Last Battle; Elayne to rebuild Andor, Avi to save the Aiels future. She has had the most time with him; he needed her before TG; but afterwards her purpose is gone.

There have already been hints about Elayne going (Min's viewing that Avhienda will have four kids, but that it won't be normal, which has led to theories that she will adopt Elayne's children when Elayne dies).

Haven't you read ToM? If you had, you'd know what would be the unnormal thing about Avi's babies.

Archived