DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred Revealed!!!

Gabriel Kross

Demandred is really the DO's pillow friend. Debate and discuss. That is all. :)

Phaw! The DO doesn't use pillows!

No but seriously what are the ongoing opinions right now, I've heard Galgan, but that isn't possible.

My opinion is that he is not posing as anyone else.

Seems he's been up to a lot of things actually considering the quote that he has multiple armies under his command. I am thinking Demandred is the one bad guy who is not going to disappoint and has been operating as we would have expected a serious bad guy of high intelligence and competence to operate.

Ya I'm thinking its going to be something nuts. Something crazy like Bashere and his men being loyal to Demandred somehow, maybe Bashere is under compulsion, etc. There aren't many armies out there for Demandred to control unless Shara/Isle of Madmen are an option. They may be part of his plan, but literally the only thing left is for Demandred to have infiltrated the forces of the Light somehow.

This is a toughie. We know that he is in favor, more than any save Moridin and (maybe) Taim. And he's promised a huge return, right? That promise can't be a lie, or else he wouldn't be in favor. He's going to deliver armies.

That evidence seems to debunk the Roedran theory, because let's face it, there's not a whole lot to be won there.

Arguing for Roedran? Maybe he's delivering Murandy AND other armies.

The Galgan theory gets stronger, because the armies of Seanchan would be a HUGE delivery.

Or, maybe Neophyte sees things correctly, because the armies Demandred is delivering do not require inflitration. Shara perhaps? The Isle of Madmen? Both? Maybe a little Seanchan from overseas mixed in?

We know now that the Shadow is happy to convert mad men into Dreadlords. If he'd done that all along, he'd have quite the intimidating force.

Ya Im starting to come to the conclusion that aMoL is going to be a slaughter for the good guys. They're just flat out going to be crushed and literally have no chance except for a tiny faction (Aes Sedai, good guys, etc.) that fights back against what appear to be zero odds. Then Rand somehow saves the day by defeating the DO - combined with some awesome stuff from Aes Sedai/good guys to win a key victory that at least shows they're not total pushovers.

We might be looking at a scenario where civilization/nations in the book as we know it are literally going to be decimated to the point where they wont exist post-last battle. All new lines on the map, etc. afterwards.

This is a toughie. We know that he is in favor, more than any save Moridin and (maybe) Taim. And he's promised a huge return, right? That promise can't be a lie, or else he wouldn't be in favor. He's going to deliver armies.

That evidence seems to debunk the Roedran theory, because let's face it, there's not a whole lot to be won there.

Arguing for Roedran? Maybe he's delivering Murandy AND other armies.

The Galgan theory gets stronger, because the armies of Seanchan would be a HUGE delivery.

Or, maybe Neophyte sees things correctly, because the armies Demandred is delivering do not require inflitration. Shara perhaps? The Isle of Madmen? Both? Maybe a little Seanchan from overseas mixed in?

We know now that the Shadow is happy to convert mad men into Dreadlords. If he'd done that all along, he'd have quite the intimidating force.

Galgan is impossible, he has been shown in the books, we know Demandred's alias has not been shown.

I'm just glad Taimendred and Moridin=Taim are officially dead, in the text. Apparently Taim is just Taim and is apparently the prodigy of Ishy/Demandred. At least that explains the Second Age talk, knowledge of things like the testing and how he's lived for so long without going bonkers.

• Community Administrator

I'm just glad Taimendred and Moridin=Taim are officially dead, in the text. Apparently Taim is just Taim and is apparently the prodigy of Ishy/Demandred. At least that explains the Second Age talk, knowledge of things like the testing and how he's lived for so long without going bonkers.

Is it possible that Taim remembers a few fragments from his past life? Graendal says Rand has a connection to his past because of the taint; Taim's been channeling longer than Rand, and probably only recently got the DO's protection from it. Perhaps he talks that way because of memories.

Remember how Sammel thought "Events to the south had Demandred's mark all over them". At the time Sammel was in Illian. Any further south on the map would be the Isle of the Madmen. I admit that he may not have been talking about south of him, but the south in general, but it's a clue worth a thought. He would stand to gain a lot since channellers bred there unchecked for centuries. If he 13x13'd them he could conceivable have a contenant the size of Australia behind him....

Remember how Sammel thought "Events to the south had Demandred's mark all over them". At the time Sammel was in Illian. Any further south on the map would be the Isle of the Madmen. I admit that he may not have been talking about south of him, but the south in general, but it's a clue worth a thought. He would stand to gain a lot since channellers bred there unchecked for centuries. If he 13x13'd them he could conceivable have a contenant the size of Australia behind him....

In fact, when Sammael says that he's in Graendal's palace in Arad Doman, so "to the south" covers a lot of territory.

I still think the only thing left on the table that could merit Demandred's continued secrecy is Shara. Murandy is too small to be really worth it. Shara has been mentioned enough to be a possibility and they have tons of channelers.

If its Bashere he'd have to be under compulsion (since if he was a DF, he would have done himself in after seeing Zen Rand's light show in Maradon).

I don't think Shara will play a big role in the last book. I think maybe Dem has some key leaders of the Light side armies under his thumb. Or if not that maybe he has been busy with the Portal Stone worlds. How cool would it be if he gathers a few armies from them and when battle starts he sends them against their Randland versions of themselves. That would be a huge advantage for the Shadow.

Man three months is going to feel like forever till I have the book in hand.

I've been so obsessed with finding out who Demandred is since the The Dragon Reborn. I somehow knew that

he was going to be the last one to be revealed. Robert Jordan said that he hasn't appeared on screen yet but that

was during some interviews after Knive of Dreams (which he autographed for me and got me to read his other stuff).

So, it would have to be someone either mentioned but not in the actual action pre-Crossroads of Twilight.

I don't think his personal army is something big. The "armies" comment doesn't necessarily mean he has control of armies of people.

Demandred is the best general the Shadow has, he will be in control over the entire war. The "armies" likely include the Shadowspawn armies as well.

I don't think armies and power will be Demandred's big thing. Murandy (if that is where he is) is likely his base of operations, but other actions unrelated to building armies are what makes his activities very big - like him setting up Taim with the Black Tower - allowing Shadowspawn to safely travel the Ways - stuff like that.

firstly; thanks for all the spoilers, i am a sucker for them (and they have yet to ruin my enjoyment of the books).

I think Demy has revived the forces of the shadow in the seanchen blight, ocupying the towers of midnight and controlling the seanchan mainland (though some lightsiders there may still be fighting it out).

The ace up his sleave could be some until now unseen shadow spawn-full grown worms for example.

This doesn't mean he doesn't have fingers in other pies (galgan is probabaly a DF), but I think a goodly portion of his forces are in the red sailed ships heading to the westlands.

This would but him on a more equal footing with Moridin, and allow his activities to pass unknown by everyone but the DO.

I'd also be just as happy to see Murandy ride in to save the day/talmanes/ or what's left of his forces as have them under the shadows control.

It doesn't step on semihages toes before she died as she concentrated on Tuon and the return, even killing of the royal family only worked to increase tuons power and so her own.

Does anyone remember how Semirhage, Graendal, and Demandred had an alliance with each other? I think it is very convenient that Semirhage is the one that killed all the Seanchan royal family and brought chaos to that side of the world. Graendal mentioned that two of her pretties were infact none other the the Queen and King from Shara and so it was she that brought chaos to Shara. It would make sense that Demandred has been involved in the only other land outside of westland that we know of......the Isle of Madmen.

Does anyone remember how Semirhage, Graendal, and Demandred had an alliance with each other? I think it is very convenient that Semirhage is the one that killed all the Seanchan royal family and brought chaos to that side of the world. Graendal mentioned that two of her pretties were infact none other the the Queen and King from Shara and so it was she that brought chaos to Shara. It would make sense that Demandred has been involved in the only other land outside of westland that we know of......the Isle of Madmen.

The alliance was Semirhage, Demandred, and Mesaana, if I remember correctly. Graendal started working with Sammael in part to counteract that unholy triumvirate.

Neophyte beat me to it, but I might also add that the isle of the madman has never been mentioned in book and while shara has, the mention of the red sails, the occupation of the towers of midnight a murderer on the throne and an earlier mention of how quiet the seanchan blight was (sorry I can't remember the exact quote but assume you've all read the same books :smile: ), forshadow the use of seanchan based forces. Note that I say based, not necessarily seanchan.

I also think it's fair to differentiate between the seanchan semi controlled and those demendred may now be lording over. The seanchan blight gives him a whole other base of operations. His actions in the westlands could be simply to prepare the way and prevent others getting ahead.

I wonder if suldams could be turned?

What if Demandred actually is Nae'blis? Or at least has been promised the title.

We know the DO has always been a fan of infighting to get to the top, so what if he held the title in front of Demandred to keep him on track and focused? Sort of a 'Hey listen, I'm bringing Ishmael back as Nae'blis for now, but keep up this secret balefire mission and a promotion may be in order.'

Then after the Rand/Moridin connection became apparent, maybe Moridin suddenly became a potential weak link, throwing the lot in Demandred's favor.

Alternately, we know the dark forces have had two fronts going the whole time, the turn Rand to the dark side front, and the kill everything in spite of him front.

Moridin may be the go to guy for the first option, maybe Dem and his (many?) armies are the go to guy for the second? A co-Nae'blis deal, keeping Dem on task and not jumping out and killing Rand before the dark wants. And that's why he never had to or could masquerade around with a alternate persona like many other forsaken, he's been acting as at least half Nae'blis the whole time.

That's a nice idea Seawolf, but I don't think it is possible for any of the Chosen to share power. Someone has to be first and not co anything in their pecking order. And all of the Chosen have been promised Nae'blis that is why the scheme and try to kill each other. Even with the LB so close I bet that they will try and kill each other if they think they can get away with it. Look at what Grreffalump did to Arangar.

Is Demandred with the Borderlanders ? Not sure what to think,maybe it's all wrong but there is a passage from Path of Daggers, Deceptive Appearances Queen Ethenielles "Sword Bearer" says," I don't like hiding who I am" Could be all wrong, I am re-reading.

Well he can't be the Sword Bearer then since he appeared in tPoD. I find it unlikely that he is with the Borderlanders since Graendal claims that she would know through her spies if he was.

Archived