DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue ON SALE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EST

Luckers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I´m not getting any of this. Can someone please help me?

1. I live in Sweden. Where can I buy the book?

2. I need to read it on my PC. What kind of program do I need to download?

3. Is there something I need to think about when I buy the book? Like do I need to choose a certain version etc?

I´m old fashion. I like real books. So I´ve never done this before. But I need to have the prologue now!

So I´m not getting any of this. Can someone please help me?

1. I live in Sweden. Where can I buy the book?

2. I need to read it on my PC. What kind of program do I need to download?

3. Is there something I need to think about when I buy the book? Like do I need to choose a certain version etc?

I´m old fashion. I like real books. So I´ve never done this before. But I need to have the prologue now!

1. Buy the book on DM, but use a US address for your 'billing address', preferably with permission.

2. Download calibre.

3. For calibre, get the .epub version.

How are you supposed to just get a US adresse? I'm extremely disappointed that I can't get this. Why can't Tor and DM realize that there are tons of their readers OUTSIDE the US too? I've got a Kindle reader on my Mac, but when I try to buy the prolouge from Amazon, it says "not yet available". This sucks and it's totally unfair.

Guys, I know it's frustrating, but this isn't about Tor (nor, certainly, DM) not being aware of foreign fans' needs. It about the law -- they simply don't hold the rights to publish outside of North America. Now, with that in mind, I do feel it would've been more considerate on their parts not to charge on the prologue, since then they could've simply posted it on their webpage. However, DM doesn't control that, and I've learned not to dwell on Tor's marketing strategy too long (it will only frustrate you, for all that they're completely within their rights to behave as they do).

So, kindly refrain from pointing a blaming finger at DM for this, and for the love of God don't go to too much lengths to confront anyone with the weaknesses in that paradigm. There's a limit to how much you can rub someone's nose in it before they're forced to act.

The McNally Robinson site does not seem to work for Canadians. I have managed to get to the page where it asks me to Place Order and it says that an unkown error has occurred. My guess is that becasue it is through Google Books Canada, and this last step takes place through Google Books.ca (McNally asks for permission to access your Google Account), Canadian users are, as of yet, unable to purchase the prologue of AMoL.

Aqua

I was getting this also last night, this morning it seems Google Books Canada & Mcnally have both removed the AmoL prologue....? oh the irony... *facepalm*

Just bought it off of Google Playstore on my Android. /Win

Are you in/from Canada (couldn't tell from your earlier post)? When I attempt to purchase it form google playbooks it still lists the release as October 2012.

For Canadians: Kobo books

I have tired purchasing it from Kobo books, as that is what I have on my BB Playbook, but it has disabled/does not have the credit card number entry field and the buy/purhcase button also seems to be disabled, despite all other fields having been completed.

Aqua

right me if iam wrong but this should work for all how don't live in U.S or Canada ( or have an address there to send the bill.) first contact the U.S embassy in our country ( if there is one) say that due to some leagel term Tor cant sell to our country , say that you reely want to buy it , so buy it and then type in our embassy address , then make the embassy pay tor and then send money to the embassy becuse it would be illegal for them to send the bill to you because Tor haven't got license to sell outside said country. :) .

right me if iam wrong but this should work for all how don't live in U.S or Canada ( or have an address there to send the bill.) first contact the U.S embassy in our country ( if there is one) say that due to some leagel term Tor cant sell to our country , say that you reely want to buy it , so buy it and then type in our embassy address , then make the embassy pay tor and then send money to the embassy becuse it would be illegal for them to send the bill to you because Tor haven't got license to sell outside said country. :) .

WTF? Just buy it from dragonmount with your non-USA credit card and put it a random US adddress. For irony's sake I suggest putting in:

[Removed]

For Canadians: Kobo books

I have tired purchasing it from Kobo books, as that is what I have on my BB Playbook, but it has disabled/does not have the credit card number entry field and the buy/purhcase button also seems to be disabled, despite all other fields having been completed.

Aqua

Did you follow the link I posted or did you try to purchase it from the Kobo app on your Playbook? Because if you click on my link, as long as you set the country to United States or Canada, it should work. If you set it to any other country, the credit card field and the "buy now" button disappear.

Can anyone help me out? I went through the links to download the prologue through this site. Pulled it up to start reading it, and somehow I have DISTINCTIONS from last book prologue?? Any idea what the hell happened that I ended up with the wrong prologue and how I can fix it?

Tor does not have the legal rights to sell it outside the US and Canada; obviously they'd sell it everywhere if they had a choice because publishers love more sales. I find it odd that everyone jumps to the conclusion that Tor is stupid enough to deny sales to other countries arbitrarily. As for the address, surely you have a friend or two in the US? If not, use a Motel 6 or something.

(sorry, I missed a page or something)

Archived