DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue ON SALE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EST

Luckers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made my purchase. Very happy to support Dragonmount and DRM free media.

The Nook app for Mac and PC can import ePub format. It just doesn't sync it to your online B&N library. I'm not sure about ePub on Kindle. I think the preferred open format is .mobi.

Edit: For those with iOS devices, you can import the ePub file into iTunes, sync your device and read it in iBooks.

I'm in Hungary. How do I get it. I'd like to pay for it...

It must be locked to regions due to distro rights. Meh. Paypal 3 bucks to Luckers and he'll email you a copy? :unsure: Or if you have m4D l337 h4x0r sk!llz, a VPN tunnel to an American IP address would work. Uh...nice admins. Nice, cool admins... :biggrin:

So was there any sort of statement as to why they jumped up the release date? Just seems odd to push it out suddenly 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

I take it you didn't notice the Google Books Canada goof resulting in the feeding frenzy going on around here over the last couple days...

So was there any sort of statement as to why they jumped up the release date? Just seems odd to push it out suddenly 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

I take it you didn't notice the Google Books Canada goof resulting in the feeding frenzy going on around here over the last couple days...

I did not. What happened? Or is there some place I can be directed to in order to read up on things?

I did not. What happened? Or is there some place I can be directed to in order to read up on things?

First post of:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/74493-either-google-books-or-tor-macmillan-%C6%92-ked-up-the-prologue-is-now-available-for-purchase/

any word on australia or uk sales? i still want to pay my money to support wheel of time but since ive already read it im not going to go out of my way to get an american copy like i would have if i hadnt read it.

Same here. Any word fellow Aussies?

any word on australia or uk sales? i still want to pay my money to support wheel of time but since ive already read it im not going to go out of my way to get an american copy like i would have if i hadnt read it.

Same here. Any word fellow Aussies?

i second that :p i was just about to post how do we down under get the prologue :p

In these days of global internet access, it is nice to know I have to lie for the privilege to pay for something that will probably be out on the torrent sites to get for free in a few days...

got it perfectly it doesnt make sense what so ever. Would they prefer that i download it illegally ?

The McNally Robinson site does not seem to work for Canadians. I have managed to get to the page where it asks me to Place Order and it says that an unkown error has occurred. My guess is that becasue it is through Google Books Canada, and this last step takes place through Google Books.ca (McNally asks for permission to access your Google Account), Canadian users are, as of yet, unable to purchase the prologue of AMoL.

Aqua

The McNally Robinson site does not seem to work for Canadians. I have managed to get to the page where it asks me to Place Order and it says that an unkown error has occurred. My guess is that becasue it is through Google Books Canada, and this last step takes place through Google Books.ca (McNally asks for permission to access your Google Account), Canadian users are, as of yet, unable to purchase the prologue of AMoL.

Aqua

Ok, so now somebody has to PM, email or tweet Peter Ahlstrom. https://twitter.com/PeterAhlstrom tell him to get someone to contact Google Books USA and Canada to put it back online.

EDIT: Some people have posted that if you put a fake US address on dragonmount.com it works for anybody.

Don't get mad Fish, 12:01 in the internet isn't true for anything but the big game launches. Getting ToM from Audible took like 5 hours after their midnight launch for me.

Uh, its way past that now and it still hasn't downloaded to my Kindle yet. If it turns out that I can't read it until Oct 2 I will go ballistic. Not because Im impatient and childlike, but because it could almost be looked like a Bait and Switch was pulled here by DM and Co.

Fish

Archived