DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue ON SALE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT EST

Luckers

Can anyone help me out? I went through the links to download the prologue through this site. Pulled it up to start reading it, and somehow I have DISTINCTIONS from last book prologue?? Any idea what the hell happened that I ended up with the wrong prologue and how I can fix it?

Go back to your client area, and view your orders. Is it possible you ordered the wrong one? If so, open a support ticket and ask for a refund, then purchase BFaBF. You can also email help@dragonmoun.com for further assistance.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat but not entirely offtopic:

Does anyone have any insight into what kind of legal considerations apply to the case of posing as a resident of another country for the specific purposes of a financial transaction? (As in for example, buying a digital item that's only being sold in a particular country).

Any lawyers here who care to speculate?

Does anyone have any insight into what kind of legal considerations apply to the case of posing as a resident of another country for the specific purposes of a financial transaction? (As in for example, buying a digital item that's only being sold in a particular country).

Not a lawyer:

But it is fraud in the sense of "an intentional deception made for personal gain", but since both parties (Tor macmillan and the buyer) are benefited, the probability of any kind of legal repercussions are next to none. Jason doesn't want any trouble and you don't want any. You'll be fine.

Not a lawyer:

But it is fraud in the sense of "an intentional deception made for personal gain", but since both parties (Tor macmillan and the buyer) are benefited, the probability of any kind of legal repercussions are next to none. Jason doesn't want any trouble and you don't want any. You'll be fine.

Also not a lawyer but what kind of jurisdiction does Tor have in your country? or any? lol. If I were Tor i would know i got paid,, and not be concerned after that.

Not a lawyer:

Wouldn't tacit approval by the publisher for this kind of purpose put them in breach of contract as it directly conflicts with their mandate only to sell to US residents?

I'd agree it would be fine if the IP rights holders said it's cool though.

Can anyone help me out? I went through the links to download the prologue through this site. Pulled it up to start reading it, and somehow I have DISTINCTIONS from last book prologue?? Any idea what the hell happened that I ended up with the wrong prologue and how I can fix it?

Go back to your client area, and view your orders. Is it possible you ordered the wrong one? If so, open a support ticket and ask for a refund, then purchase BFaBF. You can also email help@dragonmoun.com for further assistance.

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded a different e-reader than the nook and it loaded right up. Apparently the problem was within the nook, for whatever reason.

So was there any sort of statement as to why they jumped up the release date? Just seems odd to push it out suddenly 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

I take it you didn't notice the Google Books Canada goof resulting in the feeding frenzy going on around here over the last couple days...

I did not. What happened? Or is there some place I can be directed to in order to read up on things?

First post of:

http://www.dragonmou...e-for-purchase/

It may have been posted here, I didn't read all 5 pages of the linked thread and the 6 pages of this one, but the same thing happened with the audio version of towers of midight. 15 or so days before the release date you could download and purchase the audio version via Audible. It was wonderful, though, don't know how widespread it got.

For those outside of the US. You can purchase direct from DM as long as the address supplied is a valid US address. I used a relative's address at which I lived at one time. Obviously for legal reasons you should "have lived" at the nominated address. Unlike many sites, this TOR purchase through DM does not verify the postal address with the credit card/debit card billing address.

For Canadians: Kobo books

I have tired purchasing it from Kobo books, as that is what I have on my BB Playbook, but it has disabled/does not have the credit card number entry field and the buy/purhcase button also seems to be disabled, despite all other fields having been completed.

Aqua

Did you follow the link I posted or did you try to purchase it from the Kobo app on your Playbook? Because if you click on my link, as long as you set the country to United States or Canada, it should work. If you set it to any other country, the credit card field and the "buy now" button disappear.

Good news for those of you who live in Canada - the above suggestion by Raena does indeed work :smile: (though I only saw the clarifying post after the fact LOL). Kobo actually sent me an e-mail with a link to their website after they realized I had been attempting to purchase thorugh my playbook app with no success. Their website also contains a free app for download that allows you to read the book on your PC, yay.

Aqua

For those outside of the US. You can purchase direct from DM as long as the address supplied is a valid US address. I used a relative's address at which I lived at one time. Obviously for legal reasons you should "have lived" at the nominated address. Unlike many sites, this TOR purchase through DM does not verify the postal address with the credit card/debit card billing address.

I also did this. I lived in California 90210...

:P

Not a lawyer:

Also not a lawyer but what kind of jurisdiction does Tor have in your country? or any? lol. If I were Tor i would know i got paid,, and not be concerned after that.

Well I happen to be a lawyer and the problem is that Tor has sold the right to publish the book in other foreign countries to others. Selling the prologue directly to a UK or Australian resident probably violaates their agreement. However, I think that the reason that the Prologue was made available eaarly is that certain international vendor's contracts did not specifly require them to wait till October to sell the prologue. My suggestion, contact the publisher in your local country, very ;likely they will be happy to sell you the prologues ebookl version directly.

the problem is that Tor has sold the right to publish the book in other foreign countries to others.

Just a minor correction: Macmillan has sold rights in those countries to others (such as Orbit UK), and the rights to North America to Tor. DM, to the best of my knowledge, deals with Tor and not Macmillan.

Archived