DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What is the WORST or the STUPIDEST ending you could dare imagine??

The Fisher King

I will be satisfied with pretty much anything. I love this series and understand how monumental a task forging an end is. My only two requirements are that it not just be obscenely bad and that it not be stupid. A big fear of mine in the ''stupid'' category is that TROPES may come heavily into play. That will not sit well. For instance. I will be beyond furious if, for example:

1 OLVER saves the day at the last minute! Mat says ''I just KNEW the little tyke had it in him!''

2 The Dark One is vanquished but His last words are ''And I ALMOST got away with it too - if it hadn't been for those pesky kids from the Two Rivers!''

A Trope-filled ending will uspet me. Ive never seen a series in my life guiltier of the biggest Trope of all - Mary Sue - in Elayne Trakand.

Those would be really STUPID. As for just a BAD ending...thats tough...I guess I'd hate it if:

The Seanchan make no move to changing...Tuon has been beyond stubborn.

All the tinkers die. Or die right AFTER discovering the Song - man, that'd REALLY blow brocoli-covered chimps! :(

Oh...and, last thing...if LOIAL dies...I will wreak havoc and destruction at Tor Headquarters!

Fish

The bolded part would be one of the best endings ever!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think the military battles will be secondary, they better be bad ass. Seriously. I want some serious destruction described well. I want characters I like to die or be maimed. Horrible but they better satiate my bloodlust. If the battles are lame, I'll be really disappointed.

And, Loial better be back and kicking some trolloc ass.

Per BS a significant portion of AMoL is battles...

It strikes me yet again what unfortunate initials those are for someone whom we all look to for hints and clues...

Rand gives the Dark One a hug, and tells him a story. "Once, when I was sitting on a high mountain ..."

-ten pages later-

"... and that's why love conquers all. Now who wants cake?"

The Dark One sighs. "OK, I won't destroy reality. I will take some cake though!"

The End

Its already been foreshadowed.

Rand, ToM: as well wish the dark one would simply let us be...

AMoL: bore opens wide enough for Comcast to get in. DO: "finally, all I wanted! High speed cable. Screw the world. I now have Xbox live, and will spend eternity playing HC TDM CoD" and we never see him again...

The worst possible ending would be

"I have won again Lews Therin!"

and then Rand exits from the portal stone to only realize that he still hasn't gotten the horn back from Falme.

that would be a good ending

Agreed. Also would work if he lives his life, grows old, and on his death bed hears "i have won again Lews Therin." and the wheel continues turning... Moridin will be so upset :p

Rand spends 25 chapters hiding amongst Valan Lucas circuis

Please god no.

There are so many lose ending to tie up in this book, not sure how it is going to be managed.

I would hate them all joining together and holding hands, using love to kill the dark one.

I think it is very likely that Rand fails and the wheel turns again, maybe with a "I win again".

Wait thought of something worse, Perrin gets killed and we follow Faile for 3/4 of the book taking down the entire dark side.

Or the schools Rand set up produce guns and helicopters, and they flatten the blight with air strikes.

I wouldn't mind having Padan Fain help them significantly.

At the very ending, Rand realizes Callandor is actually the Sword of Truth and creates a new planet for them all to live on, and they all give the DO the finger as they walk thru a glowing archway...

But seriously, I think Perrin will die. Let's hope Brandon didn't like his wife any more than most of us.

How about this:

At Shayol Ghul Rand passes out from his wounds and magical elevator takes him to upper level of shayol ghul. Where he meets blueish-transparent kid -thing.. who btw looks exactly like olver.. kid explains to him that dark one is solution to the problem: [insert problem]. But current solution will not work anymore and Rand arriving there has given more possible solutions for the problem: 1. Rand will start controlling Dark one. 2. Rand transforms all living beings to trollocs. 3. Rand destroys Dark one. No matter which option Rand chooses he will die and only difference in all options is different colours of space magic.

And so wheel of time turns and next cycle starts.

I hope you can forgive me title was just too tempting so I could not resist it, but really I don't think it can get much worse from that. right?

For those who don't get it... it was ending that caused pretty big uproar among fans of certain video game trilogy earlier this year.

For those who don't get it... it was ending that caused pretty big uproar among fans of certain video game trilogy earlier this year.

Most of those who don't get it probably won't know what video games you're talking about, so your explanation isn't very useful.

Rand sucks up to the Seanchan and they end up helping him capture the dark one. But at Rand's wedding all the musicians pull out crossbows and kill everyone. Bashere cuts off Rand's head. The musicians (actually Sharans) then cut off Perrin's head and put it on Rand.

The end :)

The alluded to blood on the rocks vision, et al. actually turns out to Rand falling over backwards, skinning his knee, whilst Demandred has wound up for a big triumphant swing with <insert weapon here>, and the momentum from said swing & miss - because rand cant keep his feet, carries Demandred over a cliff/into the pit of doom lava/whatever.

Blood on rocks = skinned knee & lame doings away with villains. or OR, if somewhere in the course of the book, Lan pops up and says "sometimes you have to fall to win/sheathing the sword part 2/ go light" moment, foreshadowing the skinned knee/backward fall - that would compound the idiocy.

Herp derp-a-derp inddeeeed.

Elayne struggled up out of the bath tub, reaching out to take the first sip of wine in what seemed like forever. Whatsherface midwife frowned at her for a moment before handing her the two children.

"Wow, that was pretty damn messed up. Is this really what it meant when those bastards said "to live you must die"?" said one with Rand's voice.

"I win again, Lews Therin" the other said with a manic laugh.

Archived