DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What is the WORST or the STUPIDEST ending you could dare imagine??

The Fisher King

I will be satisfied with pretty much anything. I love this series and understand how monumental a task forging an end is. My only two requirements are that it not just be obscenely bad and that it not be stupid. A big fear of mine in the ''stupid'' category is that TROPES may come heavily into play. That will not sit well. For instance. I will be beyond furious if, for example:

1 OLVER saves the day at the last minute! Mat says ''I just KNEW the little tyke had it in him!''

2 The Dark One is vanquished but His last words are ''And I ALMOST got away with it too - if it hadn't been for those pesky kids from the Two Rivers!''

A Trope-filled ending will uspet me. Ive never seen a series in my life guiltier of the biggest Trope of all - Mary Sue - in Elayne Trakand.

Those would be really STUPID. As for just a BAD ending...thats tough...I guess I'd hate it if:

The Seanchan make no move to changing...Tuon has been beyond stubborn.

All the tinkers die. Or die right AFTER discovering the Song - man, that'd REALLY blow brocoli-covered chimps! :(

Oh...and, last thing...if LOIAL dies...I will wreak havoc and destruction at Tor Headquarters!

Fish

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Loial dies I will be pissed. He is one of the coolest character in the books and I'm kinda disappointed that we haven't got to see him in the past few books. I do want Olver to do something heroic though. I think Tuon will begin to change her views and as a result someone will try to kill her

Any ending where the world is saved because slavery gives humanity the strength it needs to face the Dark One, whereas free people are weak and indecisive, is one I'm going to be very upset with.

The Body Swap is the worst ending I can imagine though.

While I think the military battles will be secondary, they better be bad ass. Seriously. I want some serious destruction described well. I want characters I like to die or be maimed. Horrible but they better satiate my bloodlust. If the battles are lame, I'll be really disappointed.

And, Loial better be back and kicking some trolloc ass.

While I think the military battles will be secondary, they better be bad ass. Seriously. I want some serious destruction described well. I want characters I like to die or be maimed. Horrible but they better satiate my bloodlust. If the battles are lame, I'll be really disappointed.

Per BS a significant portion of AMoL is battles...

Per BS a significant portion of AMoL is battles...

Excellent! Thank you for that Suttree.

It just occurred to me thinking about the whole body swap thing. Can't the DO wink someone tied to him out of existence forever? No more rebirth?

If that's correct, didn't Ishmael go over to the dark side because he saw no end to the turning of the wheel unless the dark one wins. Just the same stuff over and over again? If that's so, I think he's going to help Rand out and end his life doing so. That's my prediction for the day.

1. If Tinkers and crap get together and sing at the DO to seal the bore.

2. the Dark ONe is killed, wheel is broken and everyone is all happy living linear style.

3. Rand doesn't die at least once.

4. Rand goes all dark again, until finally at the last it is all good. (we have already been through that, it's old)

Still think it'd be funny if Rand goes through hell and back, survives the last battle, wins etc, convinces all these women that men are actually equal and arent as stupid as they think, useful for nothing except swinging a sword or axe or carrying something for them. Then wakes up on the FoM at the start of the book and thinks sod it. Dragonmount MKII here I come ;-)

Archived