DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Vote Count

Despo (7): Basel, Moon, Andrew, Nya, Rand, Darthe, Tress

Rand (4): Dice, Lily, Iron, Peace

Basel(2): Despo, Nolder

Nolder (2): Turin, David

Darthe (1): JohnSnow

Andrew (1): Wombat

Not Voting (5): Arez, Tiinker, AJ(Alannalynn), Lenlo, Razen

With 22 alive and active it takes 12 to Lynch.

http://www.timeandda...04&msg=Deadline

Deadline Tuesday @ 9 PM CT.

I wouldn't play at that kind of game, and I don't think BG would set it up like that either

*deep sigh*

It was a joke. You're supposed to laugh. Trust me, I'll keep Basel alive if it's within my power

:huh:

My quote was in response to Nol's post about a PGO taking out a bunch of people

OOoooooh. Now I understand it, and can laugh. :laugh:

Nolder comes back from reading, immediately agrees with Despo, and now Despo votes Basel right after someone agrees with him? Sounds like you were just waiting for support so you could just start a train. Pretty sure that both of you are mafia working together.

Coming from the guy who's entire team rests on a single lynch

The usual Mafia game is to keep DISTANCE from one another right? Why in the world would they tie themselves together so closely? Answer: They wouldn't.

Gambits such as these are not unheard of

Especially if they were discouraged by all the mason teams running around and didn't know how to blend in

Nol, just in case you see this, go check out the WoTopoly thread. You're like the only Horn of Valere player that seems to still be active

Really???

*sigh*

Yeah, and I want to buy Shayol Ghul, so get in there.

Holy crap, Arez is in this game? I still do not buy Nol/Despo at all. People who are pushing the withholding of reveals... Are you all watching this game? Mafia has so many good targets at this point that it is almost baffling. The best help available would come from understanding this game IMO, as saying that you are part of a mason team without revealing your partner is the easiest way for scum to currently hide. However, if we all reveal and lynch one scum we get two. It leaves them no place to hide. Please reveal, Luigi.

:blink:

Isn't Luigi you partner?

Darthe, you're not really thinking this through. Wifom is on our side, when it comes to mafia not knowing every mason partner. This way, they're more likely to waste a NK on someone whose power they already nerfed. Not to mention, the more people claim, it will be easier for them to narrow down the list of who might be the unrevealed Doc and Cop

• Club Leader

I had something like ten pages to read. I hope I kept who said what straight...heh

I just thought of something.

Wouldn't lynching either Basel or John potentially vet three different players? If either Basel or John flipped town, then that would mean their partner is also town (unless mafia have even somehow infiltrated the mason teams, which I haven't dismissed as a possibility but still seems unlikely), and also AJ because of Basel's "viewing", and Rand because he's AJ's partner.

Am I missing something here? 3 alignments vetted for the possible death of one townie seems like a pretty good trade to me.

I had the same idea once Alannalynn said she was Rand’s partner. I like this, but Wombat is also right. We should get rid of Andrew today, unless someone claims him as partner.

I don't really feel like lynching someone who is vouched for when we have Andrew who is not.

Vote Andrew

John, you asked about the Walls of Text. It was originally a scum strategy to cause people’s eyes to glaze over and have them pay less attention to the game, or at least the details of the game. I’m not sure when it became a townie thing to do. Probably when I was playing on DM less. The acronym was coined long before Des ever started playing mafia. Before I did, for that matter.

*foreheaddesk*

I was talking about the WoT acronym Lily

Its probably one of those things that comes in and out and each group thinks they thought it up independently of the last.

@despo yes he is and do they not retain their powers anyhow? Besides that, we have narrowed the list considerably as is. *sigh* you are probably right but it leaves a giant town WIFOM as well.

@Lily, you are basing that vote on what other than a weak statement from Womby? Almost anyone could have been chosen there and so the vote makes little sense to me.

Honestly, my plan was to try and look a little scummy to get the cop to view me. I figured once that happened, not only would they realize I was town, but they could also get a double NA the next night.

Kinda sucks that my plan basically worked, only something seems to have happened last night that screwed up some night actions.

First you say you planned to be viewed to give the cop a double

NA, and your plan basically worked except for the blocked viewing... Then you say your partner was the one who activated the ability -- so the plan actually DIDN'T work, because the cop team would have viewed the wrong one.

Your story is inconsistent, and I'm happy with my vote where it is.

• Club Leader

@despo yes he is and do they not retain their powers anyhow? Besides that, we have narrowed the list considerably as is. *sigh* you are probably right but it leaves a giant town WIFOM as well.

@Lily, you are basing that vote on what other than a weak statement from Womby? Almost anyone could have been chosen there and so the vote makes little sense to me.

I've been suspicious of Andrew all game, Darthe.

All right, since some of you seem to be doubting John and me. We are Captains to the Rescue, and between the two of us we can wield an extra vote. I'm Captain Falcon, and John is Captain something-or-other I've never heard of before. Olmir or somesuch. (Come to think of it, I'd never heard of my character before this game either.) And with that, I'm going to eat dinner.

I see two things that stick out to me. First of all, from what I've picked up from reading up to this point, I don't get how a lynch on Basel will net us information on three people. You all are assuming that BG wasn't devious and didn't stick someone with a separate alignment on a couple of mason teams to get that much more chaos going. I think that would be perfect for a mafia or third party to hide. So just because AJ vouches for Rand doesn't mean that he'll flip town. Nor will it tell us anything about John (Basel's partner). I think that rushing to this conclusion is a very dangerous thing to do.

Second, given how many mason teams have claimed and are reluctant to reveal their partners (for good reason), I believe that there may be one or two teams lying about their mason status. There's a couple of characters out there that fit the canon for lovers, and in a game this complex (and grouped), I'm almost expecting there to be a group of lovers. And lovers don't always share the same alignment.

Mason fishing will not help us solve this problem, so I don't like how some are trying to do so. The only way that we're going to be able to figure this out is by good old fashioned scumhunting. Basel's most recent post has me thinking that he's trying to make himself look useful to the town by providing that between him and his partner, there's an extra vote. He's at the center of activity today - and his lynch WILL tell us a lot about AJ at this point. Vote: Basel.

All right, since some of you seem to be doubting John and me. We are Captains to the Rescue, and between the two of us we can wield an extra vote. I'm Captain Falcon, and John is Captain something-or-other I've never heard of before. Olmir or somesuch. (Come to think of it, I'd never heard of my character before this game either.) And with that, I'm going to eat dinner.

So can you explain how your power would work? I mean at one point there was an anonymous voter, was this you?

So can you explain how your power would work? I mean at one point there was an anonymous voter, was this you?

Yes, it was. (Waiting for seconds to re-heat a bit).

Archived