DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

John, why does it seem like you've picked this game up so fast?

This is very much my kind of game...I like this kind of thing. I'm good at it.

The whole detecting lies, what seems out of place...it's very me.

I can't wait to play more mafia games (I actually just made an account on mafiascum so I could play more games at once)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to play more mafia games (I actually just made an account on mafiascum so I could play more games at once)

Get ready for some very slow paced games. It will drive you mad.

Truth. And people think our games on DM are slow. :tongue:

Yeah. 3 week days. *shakes head*

Yeah, I took one look at the games on MS and decided not to register. I don't feel like being part of a day phase that takes as long as some entire DM games.

It's so addicting though...or do other SGs have some going on?

I'm not content with just one :)

I had one in the Aiel SG, I kind of like it there, no queue, however, harder to get people to sign up because not as many mafia players are there. There is one currently running the Arists, Crafters, and Writers Guild and the White Tower, but as far as I know, those are few and far between. BT and Thak has a lot of games and obviously, so does the mafia game board. Technically, there can be like 6 games being played at the same time, but it is hard to coordinate all 2 games each on the mafia board, so it doesn't really happen that often.

I have read through (and am also back) and of the last little bit the people who strike me as most likely to be scum are Rand, Despo, and Nol. This lynch seems best to me today because of how much information it will tell us about the other two.

I personally am finding Nol even scummier than Despo, because he's really out to get me. Why u no believe me?

If Nol's train picks up I'll be glad to join. And despo you said my claim left some questions unanswered. Well ask your questions and I'll answer as best as I can, as long as it doesn't involve revealling my partner as I've said we both have to be alive for this power to work.

I'm speculating here but I have a thought on the No Kill tying into the No Result.

I'm wondering if the scum team has the ability to trade a NK for a mass role block of actions targeted towards them?

Hence, no night kill but no results either?

Very open to thoughts on this.

This would explain why my view worked, because I didn't target scum. But I haven't woke up this morning to see any further reports of roles not working. I'm leaning more towards the simplest explanation. David's partner was blocked, and the doc protected the right target, thus no NK.

Meantime, Des is starting to ping for me. I'm not seeing anything that Rand is pushing the un-CCed cop bit too hard, as Des puts it. And Des himself has been going after David while simultaneously going after Rand for defending an uncountered cop, which is what AJ already mentioned. (Don't you just love it when you're asleep or working, and then when catching up you see something that pings you, only to see someone else make the exact point you meant to a few posts later?) I'm willing to trust AJ on this, since I did view her as town, after all. Vote Despo.

Here's the quote of Rand's that I didn't like that seemed to be an example of Rand trying to look town by saying we shouldn't lynch David:

OK, so far, I trust David's claim as a cop since it hasn't been CCed, I am always reluctant to lynch an unCCed cop. Also, the lightning bolt was probably used because the scene, but don't know why Basel's worked and David's didn't if it was a roleblock for everyone.

The part that really bothers me is "I am always reluctant to lynch an unCCed cop". He's a newer player, yet he's writing this post as if he's an old hand at mafia and already made his mind up about this issue a long time ago. Seems like he was being coached to say something like this to help make him look more townie.

Plus there's some pretty scummy speculation by thinking the Lightning Bolt, which died like 3 phases ago or something, somehow had something to do with last night. I'm more and more believing the idea someone came up with that mafia is able to forego their NK if they want to block all NA's directed at them or something. Thing is, I don't think this would be an ability they could use a bunch of times, I would suspect it's more of the one-shot variety.

Rand's stance towards the multiple mason thing has already been covered.

Well, Basel made my point for me regarding AJ's discussion of Despo and the un cc'd cop.

Vote Despo.

On the "no lynch/no result thing, I could have sworn i saw a mod note somewhere saying "you can no lynch, but it'll be bad." of course I can't find it now.

Yeah cause YOU'RE not pinging lately

:rolleyes:

re: Des

I'm still unsure about him

This whole thing with Rand does seem contradictory but tbh Des is a good player and I'd rather have him around until we're sure he needs to go

That said, it's not looking good for him IMO

Awh thanks Nol you took the words right out of my mouth! I was just about to remind everyone how valuable I am as a scumhunter!

/kidding but not really

:tongue:

re: Des

I'm still unsure about him

This whole thing with Rand does seem contradictory but tbh Des is a good player and I'd rather have him around until we're sure he needs to go

That said, it's not looking good for him IMO

Nolder is really starting to ping me.

Also, not wanting to vote for a player just because he's good? More like a mason/maf partner.

FoS Des and Nolder

I'll say this, I AM a mason, but Nol is not my partner

Eh I got too distracted, sorry. I blame Jonas.

Vote Rand

He was one of the people seriously doubting multiple mason teams yesterday, and now seems to be overplaying the "I don't want to lynch an un-cc'd cop" angle a bit too heavy.

As for David, even tho I'm still somewhat skeptical about his claim, I'm starting to believe him a bit more. I know he's offbase about me, but eh I guess all of his play can just be attributed to "inexperience" even tho I hate letting newbies skate by on that kind of thing with regularity

I agree on the doubting of multiple mason teams. Rand is probably not a mason, which makes him a good place to apply pressure.

I thought there would be maybe 1 or 2 mason teams. Then people kept coming and then I realized that this game had more than a few mason teams. I was just saying that from past experience, which I don't have a lot of to be honest. I did not think too much of the possibility of so many mason teams. Also, why would you want to lynch an unCCed cop unless if he said something incredibly scummy. I personally do not want to take that risk, a cop is a pretty important role.

To the bold: This is why that other post of yours bothers me. You can't play the "Sorry guys I'm new" card and ALSO play the "I don't like to do this type thing in mafia games cause I have so much experience" thing at the same time. Also, I don't think you even though there were TWO mason teams.

Just go ahead and answer flat out. Are you a mason?

To the underlined: The thing is, there WERE some incredibly scummy things about David's reveal. Several huge questions, in fact. So the peeps that are not only blindly accepting it but also pushing the "Let's not lynch an uncc'ed cop" bit worry me, as I think they might KNOW he's town so are trying to look town by defending him.

Also, I'm very happy with this train. We saw some very reactive votes on me, and a few peeps defending Rand. An alignment flip on him will tell us a LOT today

Two things. Yes, I am a mason, I shall save a full reveal for later, don't want to give anything away right now.

The second thing, in my opinion, I really do not want to lynch an unCCed cop, I'll doubt him, but I almost never want to lynch a non CCed cop. If there is a CC, then I will probably believe the other person, but until then, I do not want to risk lynching a cop.

Yeah, I took one look at the games on MS and decided not to register. I don't feel like being part of a day phase that takes as long as some entire DM games.

John, if you want, I can add you to the backup list for my game currently going in SG.

John, if you want, I can add you to the backup list for my game currently going in SG.

Sounds good

David..your cop reveal was a bit strange. Can you re-confirm how your cop role works? If I remember correctly it is not the typical role?

From what I remember (David should give an answer at some point, but in the meantime) it's a normal cop, but if either him or his partner die, they lose cop.

So, there are 2x the chances to lose cop.

Hi guys, I'm back. My computer broke last month and my sister's broke yesterday, so my computer time is ultra-limited right now. I'll try to find a way to expand it, but if I can't I will ask to be replaced.

I'm still keeping a close eye on our "cop," but I'm willing to drop it unless we get a CC. Now, Rand is playing very uncharacteristically. He normally reacts to pressure a lot better than this, and the mason claim was opportunistic at best. I'm going to vote Rand just in case I can't get back for the deadline.

Now, about the night action situation: I know there is at least one RB in the game, because my mason partner and I are behind it. We blocked Nyanna last night. This means that either she has no night action (unlikely), she is scum and had the kill, or she's David's partner. David, can you confirm this?

Hi guys, I'm back. My computer broke last month and my sister's broke yesterday, so my computer time is ultra-limited right now. I'll try to find a way to expand it, but if I can't I will ask to be replaced.

I'm still keeping a close eye on our "cop," but I'm willing to drop it unless we get a CC. Now, Rand is playing very uncharacteristically. He normally reacts to pressure a lot better than this, and the mason claim was opportunistic at best. I'm going to vote Rand just in case I can't get back for the deadline.

Now, about the night action situation: I know there is at least one RB in the game, because my mason partner and I are behind it. We blocked Nyanna last night. This means that either she has no night action (unlikely), she is scum and had the kill, or she's David's partner. David, can you confirm this?

How did you rule out her having nonlethal, noncop night actions? And why would you out someone you think might be a cop?

Archived