DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which character or characters will betray the light at TG?

I like Gawyn in the first three books, like when he first met Rand and in book 3 with Mat, he seemed a nice, stand-up kinda guy. But then he went all Darth Anakin on us and got progressively more stale as the series went on.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Gawyn in the first three books, like when he first met Rand and in book 3 with Mat, he seemed a nice, stand-up kinda guy. But then he went all Darth Anakin on us and got progressively more stale as the series went on.

Very very true.

He kind of got worse and worse as the book went on. I only liked the scenes when he fights because he fights well. That's pretty much the only part of him I like now.

It's too late in the game, but plausible arguments could have been made for Egwene, Gawyn or Perrin turning. I still think one can be made for gawyn.

I wonder if Siuan or Leane turned because of their severing. As per Egwene's accepted test. Also Egwene said to Sheriam at that same time, he said they could turn him to the shadow. She never asked who the chanelling him was. We should've known something was wrong.

Gawyn doesn't have to turn to the shadow to betray the light. He could do something exceptionally stupid thinking that action serves the Light. His resume is quite decorated with such actions!

This isn't my idea. It is a build up on someone else's theory on what Gawyn might end up doing in AMoL.

My vote goes to Bela, because- wait for it- she is a dark horse.

Bad jokes aside I don't think anyone even slightly important is going to turn bad at this point. There may be a couple of newly discovered DFs but there isn't anyone who'll betray the Light by his or her own volition at this point.

Could be Perrin, honestly. I could see a hostage situation involving Faile, Perrin doing what's necessary to protect her. It's a little obvious, but it's possible. I would rather see someone try to kidnap Faile and get more than they bargain for, though.

Could be Perrin, honestly. I could see a hostage situation involving Faile, Perrin doing what's necessary to protect her. It's a little obvious, but it's possible. I would rather see someone try to kidnap Faile and get more than they bargain for, though.

If there is another Faile hostage/captured situation I will throw the book away never finish it...

Ok that's not true but I will be extremely annoyed and disappointed.

I'd prefer to see Faile get killed by Slayer and have Perrin wreak havoc for several pages. He could possbily turn to the Shadow so the Dark One will "resurrect" her. It would be deeply enjoyable on a number of levels.

I think about 1/20th of all of Rands army will be DF's and are just waiting till the LB to turn back to being DF's and in the middle of the LB the entire 1/20th of the army will at once turn around and fight the good guys.... can you understand the damage it could do if that many people started back stabbing in your ranks things would break in to chaos .... If I was the DO that is what I would have my followers do .... Even if there was less DF's say 1/100th it would still have a great effect

I think about 1/20th of all of Rands army will be DF's and are just waiting till the LB to turn back to being DF's and in the middle of the LB the entire 1/20th of the army will at once turn around and fight the good guys.... can you understand the damage it could do if that many people started back stabbing in your ranks things would break in to chaos .... If I was the DO that is what I would have my followers do .... Even if there was less DF's say 1/100th it would still have a great effect

Darkfriends are not good candidates for Kamikaze missions. They value their lives and hides too much for that. They would most likely flee rather than die for the glory of the Great Lord.

I don't think his DF radar is quite so effective that he can identify every one hiding amongst his armies. He had to line up the nobles of Tear and look each one in the eyes to identify Weiramon. It's not like the ability to see tavaren where there is a glow around the person. He won't be able to line up all his armies and look each one in the eyes so there will likely be DF hidden within his ranks but not likely enough to accomplish the chaos Devinlee suggested.

however, we do know that the DFs cannot stand the sight of Rand or rand channeling because of maradon, and I think Rand saying that Dfs cannot hide among him anymore foreshadows that there will be no more insider DF action against rand

They may be infiltrated, but not at a high enough rate to cause too much damage. When one person is killed, another will turn on them and kill them, at the most they will kill two before dying, and there won't be too many of them. Also, the foreshadowing again makes me think that there may not be any of this.

They may be infiltrated, but not at a high enough rate to cause too much damage. When one person is killed, another will turn on them and kill them, at the most they will kill two before dying, and there won't be too many of them. Also, the foreshadowing again makes me think that there may not be any of this.

DF's messed with the battle-line at Maradon, they blew the horn for retreat before ordered and the line was broken by the Trollocs causing far more deaths than just one or two guys.

DF's messed with the battle-line at Maradon, they blew the horn for retreat before ordered and the line was broken by the Trollocs causing far more deaths than just one or two guys.

I've only read ToM once...was that confirmed to be the case?

I've only read ToM once...was that confirmed to be the case?

Ok, not confirmed by Brandon or anything. SO no, it is not. It could be otherwise. My mistake, I shouldn't have stated it as fact.

However, it is most likely.

Ituralde thought, trying to extricate himself from the battle and take over command.

But if he pulled back, the Trollocs would break through.

He'd have to risk it. He was ready for problems like this.

A trumpet sounded retreat.

Ituralde froze, listening with horror to the haunted sound rolling across the battlefield. The horns weren't suppoed to blow unless he, or a member of his guard, gave the order personally! It was too soon, far too soon.

Some of the other trumpeters heard the call and took it up, though others did not. They could see it was far too soon. Unfortunately, that was worse. It meant half of the pikemen began to pull back while the other half held their position.

Even if this is somehow not Darkfriends, but a mix-up, which I doubt, it demonstrates the kind of things one DF strategically placed can do to wreak havoc among the Armies. That action at Maradon nearly led to the death of Ituralde, if Yoeli had not opened the gates and rode out against old Tork's orders.

Two DF actions nearly got the whole of Ituralde's army plus 50 asha'man slaughtered.

we don't know about the trumpets, but the lord of the city was definitely a DF who changed events. however, he was high ranking to do that and as I said before, rand would see the high ranking people

Archived