DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Official AMOL Cover Art (Spoilers)

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Their colour should be accurately represented (or as far as possible without losing detail; shades of black are a bit tricky :blink: ). Think of the number of times it comes up:

"Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul."

Fain's thoughts, as he cuts himself with his dagger in ToM Prologue. "Red below, black above. Perfect."

Taim's podium at the BT, and his palace. which we now know are built from SG rock.

Also, something I found interesting is the head room Rand has. In the LoC prologue, Demandred remembers the "mouth" of the Pit of Doom, the stalagmites/stalactites or whatever they are move around, Moggy even has to crawl once. I wonder if it is just not far enough in to get to that, or why the DO doesn't make Rand crawl, or indeed, if he can't, Rand somehow forces the maw open.

I thought that he stood merely at the entramce still having to go 20-50 meter or so. thaan he would not yet be in the corridor. But that doesn't fit the glow.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. It seems that he is pretty close from the glare. And I get the impression that Moiraine and Nynaeve are a fair way behind him, and that the actual cave extends further back if you look at the top of the cave slightly to the right of Moiraine and Nynaeve.

And its not as if Rand is particularly short, either, he is a tall guy.

Also, something I found interesting is the head room Rand has. In the LoC prologue, Demandred remembers the "mouth" of the Pit of Doom, the stalagmites/stalactites or whatever they are move around, Moggy even has to crawl once. I wonder if it is just not far enough in to get to that, or why the DO doesn't make Rand crawl, or indeed, if he can't, Rand somehow forces the maw open.

I thought about that too. The entrance thing would explain it, but so would the dream spike (if in fact that is a dream spike he is carrying). If the shadow can't see him then that might explain the stalagmite / stalagtite not racing to him.

The dull dagger makes it impossible for Shadowspawn (and possibly the DO) to see you.

The Dreamspike makes it impossible to Travel into or within the area it is active in.

It's either one of these two, not both or a mix-up of both.

But if it's the Dull Dagger he's wearing, then that would explain why the stagmites aren't touching him.

Rand's intense 'tavereness' that he's found since VoG seems to stabilize the Pattern around him to positive effect. That seems to limit the DO's ability to warp the Pattern in Rand's immediate vicinity. This may explain the lack of the ceiling pressing close to Rand. One would think the DO may have the edge at Shayol Ghul itself, but we'll have to see.

Good one.

Today I thought of a huge foreshadowing that it's indeed the Dull Dagger on his waist. How is the westward mountainrange called in the Spine of the World? Yes, Kinslayer's Dagger!

Apparently LTT wore somekind of dagger that was famous enough to have some mountainrange called after it...

Please reread before that section. Or at least give version number, what you imply is very different from my LoC.

Please reread before that section. Or at least give version number, what you imply is very different from my LoC.

Probably because he referenced both LOC and ACOS.

Probably because he referenced both LOC and ACOS.

Indeed, my bad. It was in reference to both scenes from LoC and aCoS. I have no idea why I didn't mention it, must have forgotten or perhaps I assumed people would know what I meant.

I forgot about reliability of reporter anyway :) Dem's at least a bit delusional and Moggy a lot plus the drama she just went through.

In the end it doesn't matter, at Shayol Ghul and whatever distance away things can be made of ice cream and roller skates if the DO wants it according to various Forsaken.

The dull dagger makes it impossible for Shadowspawn (and possibly the DO) to see you.

The Dreamspike makes it impossible to Travel into or within the area it is active in.

It's either one of these two, not both or a mix-up of both.

But if it's the Dull Dagger he's wearing, then that would explain why the stagmites aren't touching him.

Oops, my bad. I meant the dull dagger.

i'm assumign those two women with Rand are linked to him to allow him to control Callandor *nods* the woman in blue is obviously Moraine, me thinks the other has to be Caddy (thoguh Nyn does make sense, even though i cant see her leving Lan's side tbh and the color of the hair and length is throwing me off). and he's most assuredly at SG given the descriptions of the cavern we've had thus far. i guess its so desloate there because all the fades and trollocs are on the battle field where Lan is??

hmmm i wonder if by this point Fain is still alive after tangling with Super Fade SH. seriously i'm anticipating that battle more so than the battle between Rand and the DO :laugh:

also, if you look hard enough, there appears to be blood on Rands right side. very nicely added detail *nods* MUCH better than the last cover!!

hmmm i assumed the short spike was just a dagger, but a Dream Spike makes sense, though so far as we know Rand doens't have one yet (at least i don't think Perrin has given him the one from Two Rivers yet) i was honeslty htinkign it might be the dagger from Shadar Logoth :unsure:

i think the space between the teeth comes more from Rand being able to cancle out the effect the DO has on the world and right the pattern, so unlike Moggy, the DO can't make Rand crawl or even squash him.

besides, i have a feeling that was more of an optical illusion (liek the feelign of pleasure and bliss when he spoke that the Forsaken have) more than an actual effect. Rand (and those in his bubble of purity) woudln't be subject to those illusions due to Rands pureness.

Question to self... what are stagmites??? Termites living on killing stags?

Those hanging things are called Stalagtites... the standing variants are stalagmites...

It's easy to remember, tites hang down.

In Dutch they do...

Has Alivia been ruled out as the women in yellow? She is described as having blonde hair and has to 'help' Rand die after all.

I like the dull dagger and dream spike theories! Both could help Rand get to the DO but i agree that it is likely one or the other.

So much possibility for an amazing book!

Has Alivia been ruled out as the women in yellow? She is described as having blonde hair and has to 'help' Rand die after all.

From the Tor website...

Two Aes Sedai follow the Dragon Reborn into the mouth of darkness, two women who have been with Rand since the very beginning.

i'm assumign those two women with Rand are linked to him to allow him to control Callandor *nods* the woman in blue is obviously Moraine, me thinks the other has to be Caddy (thoguh Nyn does make sense, even though i cant see her leving Lan's side tbh and the color of the hair and length is throwing me off). and he's most assuredly at SG given the descriptions of the cavern we've had thus far. i guess its so desloate there because all the fades and trollocs are on the battle field where Lan is??

hmmm i wonder if by this point Fain is still alive after tangling with Super Fade SH. seriously i'm anticipating that battle more so than the battle between Rand and the DO :laugh:

also, if you look hard enough, there appears to be blood on Rands right side. very nicely added detail *nods* MUCH better than the last cover!!

hmmm i assumed the short spike was just a dagger, but a Dream Spike makes sense, though so far as we know Rand doens't have one yet (at least i don't think Perrin has given him the one from Two Rivers yet) i was honeslty htinkign it might be the dagger from Shadar Logoth :unsure:

i think the space between the teeth comes more from Rand being able to cancle out the effect the DO has on the world and right the pattern, so unlike Moggy, the DO can't make Rand crawl or even squash him.

besides, i have a feeling that was more of an optical illusion (liek the feelign of pleasure and bliss when he spoke that the Forsaken have) more than an actual effect. Rand (and those in his bubble of purity) woudln't be subject to those illusions due to Rands pureness.

Clearly not Cadsuane. For a whole host of reasons. That is not "iron" colored hair. That hair is not in a tight bun. Cadsuane would not wear a ki'sain, which can be clearly seen in the image. Cadsuane was not with Rand, "from the very beginning."

Plus, Cadsuane is going to be dead by this point in the story.

I think the only reason for the somewhat amiguous description from Tor is to keep us guessing about whether than is Moiraine or Egwene. And I don't think that is actually in much doubt. Because I think I see a keseira (it is not as clear as Nynaeve's ki'sain). And also because of how Moiraine was first described as wearing, "sky-blue velvet cloak with vines and flowers along the edges in thick silver embroidery."

Moiraine and Nynaeve.

Archived