DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Official AMOL Cover Art (Spoilers)

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Self-sacrifice isn't noble when it is wasteful. Lan wants to die, fine. Die doing something useful, not charging an overwhelming force, resulting in either the destruction of your army or other resources needing to be diverted to bailing you out.

It may be as simple as since she is full Aes Sedai now in all eyes, she would likely be made a Sitter or the Head of the Yellow Ajah due to her miraculous healings beyond any other standing Aes Sedai. Plus Aes Sedai rank according to strength with the power, not tenure or age. So Nyn woud likely take a leadership role quickly. Therefore, she may see it her duty to wear yellow to honor the ajah that she now leads.

It may be as simple as since she is full Aes Sedai now in all eyes, she would likely be made a Sitter or the Head of the Yellow Ajah due to her miraculous healings beyond any other standing Aes Sedai. Plus Aes Sedai rank according to strength with the power, not tenure or age. So Nyn woud likely take a leadership role quickly. Therefore, she may see it her duty to wear yellow to honor the ajah that she now leads.

i could see that as something after TG. im not sure the other sitters would like having someone so close to eqwene being a sitter given that she just manipulated them out of handling rand, plus with nyneaves attitude i think she would tell them to stuff it till the fight is over, shes got more important things to do besides politics. but once the fight is over i could see her coming in and cleaning house.

im guessing its probably some kind of artist tag, but whats that round symbol below moiraine?

Good catch, hadn't noticed that...

it really makes me curious cause its the only thing i see out of place like that, and usually artists put any kind of sig in the lower right, if i recall correctly

im guessing its probably some kind of artist tag, but whats that round symbol below moiraine?

Good catch, hadn't noticed that...

it really makes me curious cause its the only thing i see out of place like that, and usually artists put any kind of sig in the lower right, if i recall correctly

Yeah but I have seen posts on other boards with people claiming it is his sig...most likely the case but a good find either way.

i posted in the official AMoL cover art thread that i would love to know what the name of the chapter is thats being portrayed. It's pure speculation given that it could be happening at close to any part of the book, so there could be alot happening before it, or alot happening after it. I'm not finding myself very creative and the best i came up with is "heavier than a mountain" which not only fails to grasp the weight of the entire situation but im also fairly certain that its already been used as a chapter name already, based purely on the fact that its such a substantial phrase. But i would love to hear what kind of creative ideas people can come up with for this so lets hear it!!

edit: feel free to give one for DKS' cover art as well, maybe just specify which one you are titling

For the Whelan cover, I think the name of the book could be good, "A Memory of Light" since by all descriptions, the tunnel is completely dark and Rand is having to use Callandor as a light source.

For the Sweet cover, I think "An Age Long Past, An Age to Come" signifying the change of the Ages with Rand's "death."

Hopefully this does not start a debate about various theories amply discussed elsewhere but I think that, based on the eclipse in the background, the chapter for Whelan's cover could be entitled "Twice dawns the day"

Going along with that theme, DKS's cover chapter could be "Once for mourning"

I think the the current cover will be something like "the three become one" because I think the cover portrays Rand with the two women helping him with Callandor.

DKS's cover might have been called A Beginning or An End

i only noticed this in the larger pic, but below Moiraine in the bottom left, what is that little coin thing? Nothing?

look one post above yours...i googled artist signature for him and it matches the symbol that he sneaks in to every cover that he does

For both of them. Whelan's "From Shayol Ghul" then DKS' "To the Bier" (:tongue:)

But seriously.

Whelan's cover: "Blood on the Rocks" or "Red on Black" or possibly just a simple one like "Shayol Ghul" or, "Pit of Doom". Also very possible that there is some title focused on Callandor, like "Blade of Light" or "Fearful Blade".

DKS' Cover: "Three on a boat" (not the scene depicted, but reference to Nicola's viewing) "Death is lighter than a Feather" or simply "Lighter than a Feather."

For both of them. Whelan's "From Shayol Ghul" then DKS' "To the Bier" ( :tongue:)

But seriously.

Whelan's cover: "Blood on the Rocks" or "Red on Black" or possibly just a simple one like "Shayol Ghul" or, "Pit of Doom". Also very possible that there is some title focused on Callandor, like "Blade of Light" or "Fearful Blade".

DKS' Cover: "Three on a boat" (not the scene depicted, but reference to Nicola's viewing) "Death is lighter than a Feather" or simply "Lighter than a Feather."

blood on the rocks would be cool...unfortunately just due to my first visit to thirteenth depository today i saw that ToM has a chapter named "lighter than a feather" thats why i was worried "heavier than a mountain" mightve been used...oddly enough i just googled it to see if i could find a chapter with that name and this post showed up lol i swore i would never google myself and they got me anyways....p.s. i would love to see "three on a boat" just cause there are so many prophecies tied in to each other that it would be great to see a scene you know relates to a prophecy that doesnt really fit it

We have an explanation for why the eclipse only made it to the final drawing. And for why it looks the way it does -- the iris motif. It's especially impressing considering he probably didn't know about Rand's words from ToM regarding the Shadow's eye. But then, I guess the Eye of Sauron is an obvious parallel.

Anyone else got the impression that the eclipse was a fixed state for much of the book? The way his email was phrased...

It was strange, I don't know what to make of the Eclipse thing. Obviously it is not what I thought it was, fair enough. But it still strikes me as odd. I don't know. It does seem like the eclipse is a fixed state, or the eclipse is happening slowly throughout the book. Like the DO is slowly fixing his eye on the world as he grows in power. It seems strange that such a detail would just be added for metaphorical purposes. And the description is the sun vanishing from the world. But it seems that it wasn't critical to the scene, as it was added after.

I can't decide if it is is a literal event or metaphorical. It would be annoying if it was purely metaphorical, and the sun is actually fine in the book. Why would you make stuff up to be metaphorical? But then there is the suggestion that "you might wan't to put in an eclipse" which suggests it is something ongoing.

Archived