DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Official AMOL Cover Art (Spoilers)

Avi being able to identify the flaw in Callandor is possible I guess, but it is a sa'angreal, not a ter'angreal. What she did in KoD implies she can see what an object of the Power does when she inspects it. If anything, inspecting Callandor would tell her that it's a sa'angreal, used for allowing a male channeler to handle channeling more of the One Power unaided. If she could determine all the eccentricities or flaws of an object I would think she'd be able to create them herself, which she's shown no aptitude for thusfar. Of course nothing's impossible...

And Elci, as far as I can tell if you want to post an image here like you want to you'll need to have it stored online somewhere already.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avi being able to identify the flaw in Callandor is possible I guess, but it is a sa'angreal, not a ter'angreal. What she did in KoD implies she can see what an object of the Power does when she inspects it. If anything, inspecting Callandor would tell her that it's a sa'angreal, used for allowing a male channeler to handle channeling more of the One Power unaided. If she could determine all the eccentricities or flaws of an object I would think she'd be able to create them herself, which she's shown no aptitude for thusfar. Of course nothing's impossible...

And Elci, as far as I can tell if you want to post an image here like you want to you'll need to have it stored online somewhere already.

Haha maybe we'll see ter'angreal assembly line: Avienda inspects, Elayne replicates, Egwene pwns.

I think I missed something along the way...are we assuming that Moraine gains back some of her lost power? Or is it simply enough that she can channel to have her link with Rand?

Not sure there's any reason to believe that Moraine will gain back some of the power she lost during her time entrapped by the Aelfin. Also, I think Rand would want her to help him wield Callandor, regardless of her abilities--in other words, raw channeling power probably isn't going to be the defining factor in deciding who joins Rand in his decent into the DO's lair.

I think I missed something along the way...are we assuming that Moraine gains back some of her lost power? Or is it simply enough that she can channel to have her link with Rand?

She has an angreal that makes her more powerful than before. She will not be useless in the link with Rand. And she may have learned something during her trip to the world of snakes and foxes that is essential for victory.

================

A question on the cover .....

We see Moiraine and Nynaeve (both bound to the WT) with Rand; and we see Elayne (bound to the WT) has given the dagger to Rand. Do you feel that this foreshadows a resolution of the Egwene - Rand conflict? Or a minor rebellion by Aes Sedai against Egwene?

She has an angreal that makes her more powerful than before. She will not be useless in the link with Rand. And she may have learned something during her trip to the world of snakes and foxes that is essential for victory.

================

A question on the cover .....

We see Moiraine and Nynaeve (both bound to the WT) with Rand; and we see Elayne (bound to the WT) has given the dagger to Rand. Do you feel that this foreshadows a resolution of the Egwene - Rand conflict? Or a minor rebellion by Aes Sedai against Egwene?

could go either way. Nyn and Moir have both said that they will do what needs to be done despite the WT (Moir even going as far to say I will kill them before I let the DO have them, and her repeated evasion of the WT) Nyn telling Egwene straight up she is going to Shayol Ghul.

Elayne I doubt she would hold back from rand, although she is relatively useless at this time due to pregnancy.

Aviendha has never had a chance to identify Callandor. Rand doesn't know she has the talent. Maybe she'll do it in AMoL. It would be classic if Rand's three women gather and discuss how their man has to fight the DO. Aviendha and Elayne give Min the last bit she needs to figure out Callandor. And that would put another perspective on why Rand needed to have three women!!!!

"He shall hold a blade of light in his hands, and the three shall be one".......

Does that refer to Rand's three women or to the circle of three needed for Callandor?

I meant that your suggestion about Rand's harem is another way to interpret that prophecy.

When it comes to Callandor. Why doesn't Avi simply try and identify the object?

As for that 3rd object being a dreamspike. No way. That is in a dagger's sheath. No way you put a dreamspike in something like that.

Why ever not? It would be a convenient holder for it.

A large spike would not fit conveniently in a dagger's sheath. It is too thick, where a dagger's blade is generally relatively thin. It's just not the right shape

I know I posted this question somewhere, and never saw it answered,

The shadow blinding dagger is supposed to be really wide, like leaf wide, how can that dagger be it?

You're right that the dagger doesn't really fit the description we have. I'm not ready to disqualify it on that basis, since artistic license has been taken on the covers before (for example, I'm pretty sure Callandor doesn't have a flared forte - its edge should be one straight clean line), but it definitely doesn't match the description.

Archived