DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Update on Taim, intense revelation!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I lose ji if I jump on the Taim-Moridin bandwagon now?

Lol ... I thought one gained ji and incurred toh. But I'm versed in ji'e'toh as much as Mat. Regardless, I don't think you'll lose or incur either if you change your mind. :smile:

Great stone spires rose around her in a heat that sucked the moisture out of her breath. The sun seemed to bake right through her dress, and the breeze blowing in her face seemed to come from a stove. Stunted trees dotted a landscape almost bare of other growth, except for a few patches of tough grass and some prickly plants she did not recognize. She recognized the lion, however, even if she had never seen one in the flesh. It lay in a crevice in the rocks not twenty paces away, black tufted tail switching idly, looking not at her but at something another hundred strides on. The large boar covered in coarse hair was rooting and snuffling at the base of a thorny bush, never noticing the Aiel woman creeping up on it with a spear ready to thrust.

Drat. I still like the idea of Rand's blood being shed once in T'A'R and once in the real world, though.

Just on the subject of dying twice and dawning twice, something of interest is Brandon's comment to Luckers.

Question Twenty-Seven

Luckers: How much time does aMoL cover?

Brandon: It depends on which part of the world you are in. You will understand that when you read A Memory of Light.

This can be taken as the obvious Black Tower etc.. time difference (BT is a bit behind the rest of the gang) But a possiblility discussed is the warping of time in different areas. Possibly Shayol Ghul and TAR could be included in this. (although "part of the world" I take it to mean the "waking" world")

Makes sense in a way, if for AS (male and female) to be reunited post-LB, black tower can't stand. And if it's made of "radioactive" (yes, i said it :tongue: ) stone than it will provide a good reason for its destruction and thus future unification.

Hhahaha, the DO is actually a nuclear bomb eh?

Yeah, it does make sense.

Although I will point out that we don't know how much is made up of SG stone. It only says Taim's Palace, the rest of the Black Tower isn't necessarily similarly...contaminated. Even the proportion of Taim's palace/SH stone isn't known, it could only be a specific area (like how Terez mentions the Black Podium) or only Taim's throne etc..

Great stone spires rose around her in a heat that sucked the moisture out of her breath. The sun seemed to bake right through her dress, and the breeze blowing in her face seemed to come from a stove. Stunted trees dotted a landscape almost bare of other growth, except for a few patches of tough grass and some prickly plants she did not recognize. She recognized the lion, however, even if she had never seen one in the flesh. It lay in a crevice in the rocks not twenty paces away, black tufted tail switching idly, looking not at her but at something another hundred strides on. The large boar covered in coarse hair was rooting and snuffling at the base of a thorny bush, never noticing the Aiel woman creeping up on it with a spear ready to thrust.

Drat. I still like the idea of Rand's blood being shed once in T'A'R and once in the real world, though.

Thanks Terez. Missed that. Could only recall all the twilight, natural sourceless light scenes.

So ok. If the sun can rise in TAR and the real world, it might be some sort of solution

Especially since the only way we know of reclaiming somebody from death is a HotH being ripped out of TAR.

But IIRC SG can't be reached in TAR?

hmmm...

I always wondered why the Taim-Asha'man always Traveled to the Palace, maybe it is in the <City> in the Blight and will put Rand and Co. (or maybe Logain, sans Rand and Co.) in the proper arena for TG. Speaking of, only one of Logain's men has been changed (assumedly) alongside one of his AS; does this mean that 'Taim' realized the imbalance of the primitives with male/female channeler Warders and is taking proper initiative in 'balancing' either through the changed AS or/and the BA (or perhaps Taim removed all of the BA from the Tower prior to the purge). Maybe Elaida's Foretelling had to do with Taim balancing the servants and the soldiers for Links...it sure is going to be bloody!

The Stedding and SG (the greater Blight area in its entirety is otherworldly, though...)share this TAR inaccesible trait as well as the channeling buffer (the DO does not allow channeling near him, I specifically remember one of the Forsaken saying this when they went to SG). Can anyone determine if Far Madding is TAR accessible?

It is, Isam tried to get Rand and Min one night they were there.

And, I think you're speaking of Nicola's foretelling (Servants balance the Guardians, or vice versa). Still, Elaida's foretelling about the BT being rent in blood and fire has to come true, as well.

What if Taim's palace isn't exactly in Andor anymore? A wormhole type situation? The pattern is failing, perhaps there is simply no space between that doorway in the Black Tower and SG. It would be a neat trick for Rand to decide to stop off and deal with the BT and in fact find himself neck deep in The Last Battle.

Taim's quarters and the BT are definitely separate from each other, for reasons of trapping turned men and Logain/Rand's men in a bloody Asha'man war actually on the BT premises while TG is faught in/near the Blight. The reason for the dreamspike will be to be to trap people in there so they cannot make it out to assist in the actual TG; and, I am not sure how far the 13x13 turning process has been followed through with, but exactly due to that lack of information everyone will suspect almost everyone else. Basically, Rand/Logain's men will be killing each other in there, and, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of those still in the BT fighting him are actually turned-Lightsiders. All the while, Taim and his men are making ragdolls of the Light in the Blight (that rhymed).

The sun doesn't rise in TAR. The natural light is dim and apparently sourceless. But this could be some sort fo a solution to Twice Dawns indeed!

To be honest, this have kinda happened already, in a way.

Veins of Gold. The sun finally shone. Egwene reflect over this in the epilogue, that something important had happened. "He who come with the dawn" after the long dark time. Not to mention there is always sunshine wherever he is (well, maybe not during the night but yeh, you get my point..!). He also came with the dawn after the Rhuidean trip.

Is it possible that Taim is the Dark Ones site foreman on the construction of his new house. You have to think that the dark side strongly believe that they are going to win in the last battle, that being the case the dark side will need a hang out place, similar to what the White Tower has been in this age. Think of it like Skeletor's Snake Mountain in He-Man.

Some have argued that "Brandon was confused since Taim=Moridin and that he was actually thinking of Moridin's fortress."

Whoa whoa whoa. It almost sounds like you realized Taim=Moridin! Am I reading this right or do I need to go back to rehab

Heh, no, just talking about it in a third-person kind of way. Quotes added for clarification. :tongue:

Some have argued that "Brandon was confused since Taim=Moridin and that he was actually thinking of Moridin's fortress."

Whoa whoa whoa. It almost sounds like you realized Taim=Moridin! Am I reading this right or do I need to go back to rehab

Heh, no, just talking about it in a third-person kind of way. Quotes added for clarification. :tongue:

Damn I thought we'd got you on our side haha

for some reason I always thoguht that whenever people entered taims sanctum they where actually ported away to some off site palace.

Ive thought that for a while as well. I think Taims "private classes" are trips to the Blight fortress via some form of built-in Traveling, making the two into a single complex.

Brandon has implied that built-in Traveling is (or should be) impossible. That's why they stopped tying off gateways. (Actually RJ did that in KOD.)

PS—Not implying there hasn't been back-and-forth. I believe the men in black coats at the Blightfortress are obvious men in black coats.

The DO allows channeling rarely; primarily for Traveling by the Forsaken to nearby Shayol Ghul.

I remember reading RJ stating an otherwordliness of the Blight, but perhaps Shayol Ghul is not included in this?

Meaning that perhaps Shayol Ghul is the anchor/gateway that allows the otherwordliness to ebb out...

The DO allows channeling rarely; primarily for Traveling by the Forsaken to nearby Shayol Ghul.

I remember reading RJ stating an otherwordliness of the Blight, but perhaps Shayol Ghul is not included in this?

Meaning that perhaps Shayol Ghul is the anchor/gateway that allows the otherwordliness to ebb out...

Have a look at item 25 here:

http://www.theorylan...vmain.php?i=605

Have a look at item 25 here:

http://www.theorylan...vmain.php?i=605

In the future just add #25 to the end of the url.

Will do, thanks.

http://www.theorylan...in.php?i=605#25

Yep!

Now we're getting down to very fine parsing of what Jordan said and what he meant. Since he is no longer around to ask, almost any interpretation is as valid as any other, but the most common way to interpret what Jordan said is that IF the Blight is not accessible from T'a'R, then anything contained within the Blight is also not accessible from T'a'R. Ergo, no Blight also equals no Shayol Ghul.

Example: Narg smart! Narg not part of Blight. Narg simply live there. If Narg want to leave Blight, Narg knows that many men with sharp, pointy things that can kill Narg guard the front door at Tarwin's Gap. Narg also know that Machin Shin would love to eat Narg if Narg uses Ways. So, Narg, being smart, will use backdoor at Shayol Ghul.

Except that he can't. There is no backdoor there. The Age of Legends Aes Sedai that made the Blight inaccessible from Tel'aran'Rhiod would have also been smart enough to make Shayol Ghul inaccessible from T'a'R.

As someone pointed out, Traveling to the vicinity of Shayol Ghul is allowed. We see Demandred do it in Book 6. Travel to/from Shayol Ghul is not. The DO automatically assumes any such attempt constitutes nefarious intent and kills anyone who tries. Friend or foe. So no, Transporting blocks of SG stone directly from the mountain would not be possible. Any blocks of SG rock would need to have been transported at least part way by wagon, until the wagon was far enough from SG for Traveling to be safe.

Archived