DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Update on Taim, intense revelation!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at JordanCon at the time, and he knew it, so I think it was fun for him to be there with us in spirit by answering this question, which he knew would cause a stir at the con. And it did.

Well, I do think this was a big deal, both in regards to Taim's standing among the Chosen (or someone else nestled in among the Asha'man, perhaps), or as a Chosen, as some would say. And, of course, puts a whole new spin on "his blood on the rocks of SG." Be it Rand's actual blood, his bloodline (Elayne's babies), or his half brother (Galad) or even his uncle (Luc).

Anyway, very interesting. I can't wait to find out.

Regarding the rocks/blood discussion - Is there anything I've missed that says "his blood" has to be taken literally? I would think that "his blood" or "the blood of the Dragon" could mean people other than Rand. I've always thought that was more likely a reference to the Aiel. His focus early on in the books on the the belief that it meant he would have to bleed/die, and speculating that the wound in his side may be the cause, always seemed like a red herring to me.

Elayne's babies would qualify as his blood as well...

Oh, you can scroll back and see many different takes on that notion, including whether or not his kids/Luc/Galad/the Aiel qualify as his blood, as well as the question of how that interpretation fits with "red on black". There's also the question of how many Aiel the Pit of Doom can house.

Archived