DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 2

Emperor

ROFL.... I had to share this with you, Red, and any other mafia types who check this thread.

From Entertainment Weekly's recap of the most recent episode:

Halfhand lectures Jon Snow as they scout around, trying to figure out what the Wildlings are up to. Halfhand is one of those Alpha Male guys who dominates every conversation while prodding you for responses. But nothing you say is ever the right answer. Even simply agreeing just gets you a response like, "You're even dumber than you look."

The hell? Qhorin Halfhand is Mynd!!!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ygritte = yummy indeed. Her hair is just drop dead gorgeous. Loved the look on Jon's face when she's moving around "trying to get comfortable".

Pretty good episode, but I don't remember the dragons being stolen either, and I don't like things being added to the story....I may change my opinion when I see how they carry that on next episode.

I can't believe we only have 4 episodes left!!! Seems like this has just flown by....and I don't wanna wait another year for season 3! :sad:

On another note, I may be meeting Mr. Martin at the end of this month. He's the guest of honor at MISCON in Missoula, Montana, which is about 4 hours away from me. Really hoping I can make it there; if anyone has any questions they'd like asked, post them here and let me know, and I will try to get them answered for you!

I've no problem with most of the changes being made. I think my only concern with episode 6 is how sulky Dany seems. She's turning into Viserys-lite. I'd at least like her composed when dealing with Xaro and characters like the 'Spice King' (with a name too ponderous for me to pronounce! :dry:) and sulky/frustrated in private conversation with close confidants; it's sad watching her throw tantrums like a toddler when she's negotiating with powerful people.

On and it seems really unfeasible and inconsistent (to me) that osha (sp?) didn't just kill theon like she did the guard outside and then take off with hodor and company. Like why the f*** not?

How about she is not a murderer? The guard had to be taken out, or the escape would have failed. Theon on the other hand was sufficiently neutralised as he was.

Considering the huge blunder they made with the Dothraki, something like this is a good way to give a little nuance to the free folk.

On and it seems really unfeasible and inconsistent (to me) that osha (sp?) didn't just kill theon like she did the guard outside and then take off with hodor and company. Like why the f*** not?

How about she is not a murderer? The guard had to be taken out, or the escape would have failed. Theon on the other hand was sufficiently neutralised as he was.

Considering the huge blunder they made with the Dothraki, something like this is a good way to give a little nuance to the free folk.

She seemed quite gung ho to kill bran if beneficial when she first showed up with her buddies.

I haven't read the books though, so I'm ignorant to things you probably know. Things that color your opinions.

She seemed quite gung ho to kill bran if beneficial when she first showed up with her buddies.

I haven't read the books though, so I'm ignorant to things you probably know. Things that color your opinions.

Right, if beneficial. But not kill just for the sake of killing.

So wouldn't have killing Theon have been beneficial? I think it would have completely ruined them taking winterfell and all that. Didn't he just have that ship with the undisciplined crew with him at that point? Like what...150-200 dudes or something? Less maybe. Just seemed like it would have been more than worth it for her to kill him.

So wouldn't have killing Theon have been beneficial? I think it would have completely ruined them taking winterfell and all that. Didn't he just have that ship with the undisciplined crew with him at that point? Like what...150-200 dudes or something? Less maybe. Just seemed like it would have been more than worth it for her to kill him.

The thing is, Osha sleeping with Theon was a complete change from the books... so while her killing Theon might have made sense in the context of what they had happen in the show, it would have created a HUGE divergence from the book storyline that would ruin things for things that need to happen this season, much less future seasons. They've made some decent sized changes in some characters and plot points, but so far nothing quite that audaciously off-track.

While it may not make sense to a show-only fan, it makes complete sense if you know it never happened in the books, why it couldn't have happened if they hadn't condensed some characters and plot for TV, and future plot points that hinge on it not happening.

The thing is, Osha sleeping with Theon was a complete change from the books... so while her killing Theon might have made sense in the context of what they had happen in the show, it would have created a HUGE divergence from the book storyline that would ruin things for things that need to happen this season, much less future seasons. They've made some decent sized changes in some characters and plot points, but so far nothing quite that audaciously off-track.

While it may not make sense to a show-only fan, it makes complete sense if you know it never happened in the books, why it couldn't have happened if they hadn't condensed some characters and plot for TV, and future plot points that hinge on it not happening.

Makes sense.

Sneaking away with a few prisoners vs murdering their boss in his sleep...What do you think would piss off Theons jolly bunch the most? And something we did not get to see here, but that we have seen in other scenes, is how lords tend to have guards posted outside their bedrooms. Had I been Theons guard, and seen a wildling leave his bedroom, I would definitly take a look inside to check that Theon did not lie there with his throat slit.

Also, she knows Theon. Sure, he was far from nice to her, but she does know him.

They also killed off Irri. She's still alive in the books, right?

True, and there are a few others who have been killed off in S1 or S2 who were not dead yet in the books... but the minor parts they play later in the story could easily be played by others, or the storyline changed in minor ways to get around that. Theon, that would require a fairly major departure from the books.

Irri?? you're gonna have to explain which character that is cause the name isn't ringing any bells

On another note, I may be meeting Mr. Martin at the end of this month. He's the guest of honor at MISCON in Missoula, Montana, which is about 4 hours away from me. Really hoping I can make it there; if anyone has any questions they'd like asked, post them here and let me know, and I will try to get them answered for you!

yes, please ask him to ask the HBO director to stop potraying Danny as a sulky little 2 year old *nods* otherwise, i'd just like you to tell him thanks from me for allowing me the chance to read another interesting story and for creating such wonderful characters ... oh yeah, though these wont be answered

wtf did bernie say that stopped Cat from killing her!! and will we see Rickon again?

thanks Kae :happy:

not to mention, she slept with Theon witht he intention to sneak Bran and Rickon away; had she killed Theon (first) as Maj said she would have been discovered right off by Theons guards and been killed, (second) even if she had escaped to gather Rickon and Bran, Theons death would have caused the alarms to go off and ruined any chance for them sneaking away in the dead of night, as Theons men would either be looking for the murder or taking that chance to rape, pilvage and burn Winterfell (especially since Theon is the only reason why they just didn't do that in the first place.)

also, the guard Osha killed doesn't have future plot points in the series; Theon on the other hand is a very major Minor Character in this series and is intergal to future plot points in this series. (which has already been stated)

Irri?? you're gonna have to explain which character that is cause the name isn't ringing any bells

/it is known

(Irri is Dany's Dothraki handmaiden who obviously had this thing going with Rakharo last season... and who turned up dead in the room with the missing dragons in Sunday's ep)

• Community Administrator

Some reason I keep thinking Walder Frey was supposed to be in this season, I barely remember him from last season that he was in? uggh.. Course I'm still waiting for Rob's wedding scene. Its... Such a beautiful wedding right? :wink:

Another awesome episode^_^

Loved the scene with Arry and Tywin Lannister, it was very well done.

Good to see Dany going from the sulky little girl to more of a queen. "And you are too familiar, Ser." Much better. :happy:

Also, the scene with Pyat Pree was perfect, actually made me shiver a bit. I really need to re-read the books, some stuff I don't remember, so I'm not sure if it was there or not. Only 3 more episodes :sad:

Kae, another thing to ask GRRM. please ask him why the producers are making that bitch cersie into such a sympathetic weakling?! seriously, the change in her character and personality is really starting to chaffe.

okay, so last episode is the first this season that i didn't 100% love. but i'll start with the good. (btw, has anyone else noticed the overwhelming foreshadowing hints of things to come that HBO's been droppign this season o.0 )

the additions to Danny's story line and the revamp of it was WONDERFUL!! i loved every minute of it, they even attempted to make her less of a spoiled brat sulking aroudn and more of the ice queen we know and love (though that was ruined by the actress turning around and pouting then fleeing up the stairs) still though, while i don't like the dragons being stolen, they way they've sped up her storylnie and advanced it not only fits and makes since but is also good enough for me to question my memory of the book. the slaying of the 13 council is somethign i don't recall happening, but loved that addition.

<3 JAMIE!!! that entire scene was epic and i LOVE how they kept it with a cliff hanger on what will happen just like in the books :happy: easily this was the BEST scene of the entire episode and was picture perfect for how i imagined while reading. <3 <3 <3 Jamie. i couldn't help but lmao at his reaction to Bernie. he's all like "talk about myself, chide Cat, then 'Is that a woman?' then more of talking about himself, irritating Cat, then 'Seriously where did you find that beast?!' lmfao.

only Jamie would be more conserned about finding out if Bernie was male or female to deside what insults to fling than the sword Cat was holding and whether she's about to take off his head or let the Karstarks do it for her :laugh:

jon's scene, was meh. i cackled like a mad woman at Yiggit goading Jon about the fact he's a virgin, spot on; and yipped for joy when se finally said "you know nothing Jon Snow!" but now that she's said it, i hope they don't run that crap into the ground liek GRRM does :laugh: i can't wait till next episode though ^.^

Theon's scene was good, i especially loved the look of shame at the end. i'm guessing that the guy who told Theon to sen the Master back to Winterfell was the Bastard of Bolton correct, cause thats who it was in the books *nods*

the reaosn i love the lok of shame on Theons face is because people who haven't read the books are probablythinking thats cause he just killed two kids he grew up with and feels bad about it; when in reality we all know he's more concerned abotu the fact that those aren't the two stark children :happy:

good job HBO!

as others have said, Arya's scene was superb! the little grin she does at the end when Twyin askes her if anyones ever told her she's too smart for her own good was spot on. i really love the girl they casted for this character, she's got Arya down to a tee imo. this is my second fav scene, with Jamie's getting first only cause of how much of a Jamie fan girl i am.

Sansa's scene was by the book, nothing really much to comment on. i do think their over doign the "little bird" referance to her though. its one thing for the Hound to call her that, bu i dislike Cersie using the term; whcih brings me to my gripe

seriously HBO, WTF. having Tyrion be a SHOULDE TO CRY ON for Cersie?!?!?! have you NOT read the flamming series. they HATE eachother. i mean, Cersie wouldn't even show that sort of weakness to Jamie! the ONLY reason Cersie woud be acting this way around the Imp is to better gauge where to shove a dagger in his back, not because she's needs soemthing to pat her on the knee and tell her it's gonna be alright.

get off the flamming sympathetic Cersie angle! she diserves every bit of strife she's put HERSELF through. shes an evil villianis character and the character building you've done on her so far is gonna come and bit you lot in the but once the events of FoC's happens you jerk wads! i mean, they even sort of redeemed themselves with the whole talk between her and Sansa, with the whole "only love your children and that becuase a mother is forced to" bit. but then you squander it all away with the stupid Tyrion scene.

Archived