DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia: The Hemalurgic Spike

Locke

So let me get this straight. Meesh, you're apparently claiming finder or having finder-type abilities, now that the player who just claimed perma-finder has conveniently just passed away (and as before, we got no role information in the coroner report). And everyone's buying this?

:dry:

Just goes to show my luck in DM mafia I guess.

All I have to say is that I'm not scum, and my best guess right now is that Meesh and Hoof are on a scummy team together. Hoof has been pinging all over the place imo, and while I found Meesh 1.0's play to be very pro-town, that has no bearing on her now as Meesh 2.0, and I actually tend to agree with Mynd's logic about replaced players. Nine time out of ten, it's either a mafia or a third party member. Vanilla townies that go inactive tend to get cut way more slack in most games, where as inactives on mafia teams are perceived as unfair advantages to the other scummers.

And her soft-claim is so weak and ambiguous that it pretty much confirms my suspicions. Vote Meesh 2.0

Oh. and thanks a lot Tina. :rolleyes: This is why I hate when players start FOS'ing others right at the end of day or during the night, it just sets up the mafia team for a perfect target, that way they can frame the other townie.

Btw Wombat, did you lose any metals last night? Can you still ... hit the brakes?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mynd--As far as I can see, you're trying to tell me you think I'm scum or solo-win based on numbers and, I'm assuming, the idea that I might claim permanent finder role, because otherwise I don't see what numbers have to do with me in particular.

Regardless of your own alignment, I do think GF is probably scum--I'm going to be nice and give you the benefit of the doubt for now that perhaps you posted your vote on me before you saw I voted Despo, but GF completely ignoring the Despo discussion and just voting for me is quite interesante. Plus now I see he's on Smiley's train right after Despo, toward the end.

Ha, putting words in my mouth, Despo? Where did I claim finder? I LD'ed you, simples. I can choose a phrase or sentence and have it LD'ed; here's the post with the sentence I LD'ed.

http://www.dragonmou...00#entry2230890

I'm sure it's quite easy to figure out what in particular I checked out.

Remember, I also hinted at having a strong certainty that Razen was telling the truth about being a Finder. I checked him out, too.

@Mynd again, I was going back through some posts, and I saw back on D2, I think, where you said if Songstress flipped town Despo would look scummy...just wondering what happened to that. Since Songstress died and was town. Is it really so hard to believe or suspect Despo is scum, even without a verification from an investigative-type role?

Also, quick question, on your quote with the Vote Count from the Smiley lynch, you have both Song and Songstress in green...any particular reason why you're assuming Song is town and dead?

Vote Count:

Des (4): Meesh; Turin; Blackhoof; Sakaea

Meesh (3): Mynd; Graendal; Des

Mynd (1): Blackhoof; Aiel Heart

Not Voting: Christine; Wombat ; Lenlo; Song; Player;

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Tuesday, 6:00 PM (GMT-6)

Based on her public response in front of town and mafia eyes, I believe that Meesh is not an immediate threat to the town and we should aim to lynch a mafia scumbag today instead of a solo win.

Vote Count:

Smiley (12) - Song; Maw; Wombat; Sakaea; Meesh; Key; Tina; Pale Meesh 2.0; Razen; Des; Graendal; Eternal Phoenix

Blackhoof (2) - Smiley; Songstress

Eternal Phoenix(1) - Turin

Christine (1) - Player

Wombat (1) - Blackhoof

Not Voting: Amegakure Lenlo, Ishmael; Christine; MCS Mynd/Forrest; Aiel Heart; Ironeyes

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline: Friday 5:00 PM (GMT-5)

Tossing the dice to assumptions, I am writing off Songs of Ice and Fire, Wwwwombat, and Sakaea as town because of where they were on the Smiley Lynch.

There are a number of ways to check the Hoof/Player mason deal, so I will unvote and consider between Despothera, Graendel's Favorite, and Aiel Heart on who to lynch.

I'm not sure why I'd be mafia. Haven't contributed much, but then contributing often gets you lynched. Best to withold conclusions till endgame. Which might be shortly, I will alarm everyone, since only one mafia is dead. Actually now I'm going to unvote vote mind. This is not the time for hasty conclusions or a fast day. Let's hear from Des too. But Mynd has flown by a bit, hasn't he?

The case against Graendal's Favorite involves his rush to vote Smiley at the very end of his lynch, his choice of bandwagon (meesh and not Des), and ultimately his OMGUS vote above. His argument is that I am making a hasty conclusion when I am actually taking my time laying out the casing in bits.

Finally, remember that a good scum-hunter doesn't look for one player who looks scummy but rather the entire scum team working together.

The first day has nothing to do with this late day. We got a skum that day, good, but a random lynvh is I gather never good. Though, I theorise, on this game for one we haven't had a great track record. But the random lynch gains little info, though it might net a skum, or a town role. I am vehemently of the mind that this time is not for hurrying. I want to hear from Des, but it is as you said, not only catching skummy peoply, but catching the scum team. Sorry I haven't found much to go by thusfar.

I call bullshanks on the LD claim. Either you're scum Meesh and know I would be easy to pounce on because of Tina coming after me, or your results were tampered with somehow. All I know is that I am not scum.

As for Kae's viewing, I Spiked Tina last night cause I thought she was about to die anyways so I figured I might as well try to salvage any abilities she had. I might as well come completely clean here. Kae, I Spiked you two nights ago because you seemed to be lurking somewhat, I thought you might either be scum or have a power role (in this game, I think the best strategy for us is to rotate power roles between townies so as to keep mafia off-balance) and I gained your Bronze ability. I used that to target Song, I figured she was lurking a bit as well. I found out that she had Allomantic Copper at the beginning of the night, but did not have that at the end. So someone Spiked Song last night and stole her Copper, unless she gave it to someone. Can anyone else shed some light on this? Copper seems like some kind of protective ability, but more like protecting from investigation and whatnot. So tbh, I could easily see a mafia team having this ability, although Song could have taken it from someone else. Song, can you confirm if you were Spiked or not?

Btw Wombat, did you lose any metals last night? Can you still ... hit the brakes?

Hit the brakes? I can mess with the deadline if that's what you mean.

I was planning on giving you my cadmium so you could hopefully gain an uber ability. However, I asked Locke if I could give away more than one metal a day and he said no. I'd be glad to give you my cadmium, but if I get lynched today it might be better for me to pass along one of my more powerful metals.

I honestly don't care if you lynch me tomorrow or if the mafia NK's me to shut me up, but Despo's a LLL and scum and needs to die today.

I'm curious how Despo guessed Tina was about to die; I thought it was convenient that she said something seemingly lighthearted about Despo being scum and he overreacted, IMO, and then she died... I didn't even notice that until Despo said it was all Tina's fault that he's "being set up" or whatever, because I honestly didn't read much into Tina's comment at the time. Convenient way to cover your butt against future suspicion... "She was so hardcore FoSing me and then she died, I wouldn't do that as mafia, they're framing me! Waaaah!" That's such an exaggeration.

And Despo targeted her; so, what, if we believe him, he does a 180 from saying "I'm thinking you're scum, actually" to "she's probably going to die tonight anyway, might as well spike her" in the same night?

Right.

Occam's Razor disagrees with Despothera's overkill-defense in that a much simpler explanation would be that he spiked Song of Ice and Fire and killed Tina. Add that he was the one trying to build a competing lynch train away from Smiley on Songstress, and not on Blackhoof interestingly. He then voted at the end of Smiley's lynch when it would be about the time the scum team would have decided to cut their losses, as with Graendal's Favourite.

to confirm, Player IS the other mason.

also, i am happy with where my vote is. maybe player spiked Tina while a teammate killed her, or maybe he did the deed himself, it is irrelevant. meesh is uncontested and if she is wrong she will die. simple as that.

to confirm, Player IS the other mason.

also, i am happy with where my vote is. maybe player spiked Tina while a teammate killed her, or maybe he did the deed himself, it is irrelevant. meesh is uncontested and if she is wrong she will die. simple as that.

Hoofy, did you mean Despo instead of Player, or was this a Freudian Slip-n-Slide?

Meesh may not win with the good guys, but right now it is as much in her best interest to lynch a scum today as it is ours. In the eyes of the mafia, a solo-win counts as town.

If whoever has the floating finder thing can confirm one of the masons, that would be a good thing tonight after our Despo lynch. Whoever has the floating VIG kill should have a much more narrowed roster of prospective targets. We'll lose one of us, but at this point, it should be pretty clear who the remaining scum are thanks to Smiley's lynch on Day 1.

wow, i was scared or a bit there! i cannot believe i fell for that ha!

oh, i should of known! never take anything seriously when April Fools Day and Shayol Ghul are involved, hehe! :D

@mynd: and yes i ddi mean des

Et tu Wombat? Guess you don't need my Cadmium then. I plan on giving my Copper to the only person I still trust in this game.

And H8U all. I seem to be the easiest townie to get lynched in DM mafia. Think this is my last game for a while.

Archived