DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia: The Hemalurgic Spike

Locke

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmm.......

Ok, first of all, I'm a bit confused about something. My ability was stolen last night (Allomantic Bronze, allowed me to sense other people's abilities; essentially a rolefinder), and I targeted Wombat last night. Since my ability was stolen I didn't get my result. Mynd, I'm the one who stole from you, so since I successfully stole your ability, how did you get your results?

I had one tracking saved up and used the second one. Apparently if you are stolen, you still get to use your power, which makes sense otherwise this would be an incredibly boring game with everyone stealing everyone else's stuff without anything happening at all. If you wanna sheep along with the "fishy" comment, explain how I knew precisely who both Wwomby and Razen targeted last night.

It always tickles me how scum use the same key phrasing when trying to build suspicion around one player. Ever notice that? One player refers to another's actions as "shoddy gameplay" then subsequent posts by other players start saying "Yeah, that shoddy gameplay is wierd" or "I don't get his shoddy gameplay" or "the shoddy gameplay by so-and-so is scummy enough for me." Using a phrase that has never been used in any other game until now. I am convinced that humans have a strain of sheep DNA in us. Damn shepherds and their lonely nights! Anyways, I'm "fishy" all of a sudden....go figure. And I even bathed too!

Wwwomby claims to have both spiked and vig killed Ironeyes, which makes sense. Sakaea now has the tracking ability, which I'm sure we can get some useful info tonight. Razen claims he only viewed Maw, and spiked Wwwomby, which means Razen has the Vig kill.

Does anyone else have a permanent ability like Razen claims?

I don't, obviously. I'm gonna go ahead and Vote Wombat. He always seems scummy anyway, and with Mynd's info from last night, I think he's a good way to go today. Maw being the second option; solo wins can help us, but if he's a Jester or something like that, he could just screw us over, theoretically.

I actually agree with Wombat in that regard.

@Kae--"He always seems scummy anyway" is a silly reason to give when you're voting someone, because that serves to actually diminish the person's scumminess. If Wombat always seems scummy, why does it deserve a vote now?

Let me rephrase this, based on my role PM and the coroner reports of our deceased players, I strongly doubt that there are permanent roled players. Plus, the VIG kill is dangerous in the wrong hands.

unvote

Vote Razen

There is a finder power floating out there, so his death will not be a waste. I don't buy his claim as being a permanent finder and I think whoever has the Finder ability could view either Wwwomby or Maw tonight based on Razen's coroner report.

Let me rephrase this, based on my role PM and the coroner reports of our deceased players, I strongly doubt that there are permanent roled players. Plus, the VIG kill is dangerous in the wrong hands.

unvote

Vote Razen

There is a finder power floating out there, so his death will not be a waste. I don't buy his claim as being a permanent finder and I think whoever has the Finder ability could view either Wwwomby or Maw tonight based on Razen's coroner report.

So you'd lynch the Finder? Smart. Especially because as I said before, my power wasn't going anywhere last night. I still have it. And, tell me, if my spike on Wombat failed, how is that I can have the vig kill? I have no idea who has that ability. For all I know, you could have spiked the kill from Wombat and be setting me up to die, either through a lynch or an NK. It would certainly explain how you had "two actions" to use. You would have used your track on me and spiked Wombat, thereby giving you the ability to kill me tonight.

Plus another thing. How exactly is my death not a waste? I'm a confirmed Finder. Lose me, you lose one of the investigative roles in this game. And the only players I can see that benefitting are scum.

Perhaps whoever has the Finder alloy should Find Razen tonight? I don't believe there is a "THE FINDER" in this game. TOO much power in the hands of the town if there is a FINDER ALLOY and a permanent FINDER. Anyone else have a PERMANENT role? I didn't think so.

I missed this before, but this suggests that Razen may be telling the truth about his role. Either way, I am backing off his lynch. We can find him tonight.

Specific Gameplay:

Alright, here's how the Hemalurgy in this game works (The role stealing). Every Day phase, each person has the ability to Observe one other player, and every Night phase, each person has the ability to Spike (Steal from) one other player . The Observe role has a 50% chance of being successful.

-If the Observe role SUCCEEDS, then the user will learn the Allomantic or Feruchemic ability of his/her target. (If the target has more than one ability, any ability being used takes precedence. Otherwise, the result will be random). Then, during the Night phase, if the user decides to Spike (Steal from) the person he/she Observed during the Day, then the chance of stealing the role is 100% AND the user gets to decide whether he/she wants the Allomantic or Feruchemic version of the power.

-If the Observe role FAILS, then the user's Spike (Steal) during the Night has a 50% chance of succeeding and if it does succeed, the Allomantic or Feruchemic version will be chosen at random. (If the target has more than one power, then one of those powers is chosen at random)

Additionally, a person may Gift their own power to someone else at any point, however they will then not be able to use their Observe or Spike, depending on whether it is Day or Night.

All Observes, Spikes, and Gifts are processed at the end of the Day/Night. Also, usage of Feruchemic storage must be sent in within the first 12 hours of a Cycle.

When a person dies, their abilities die with them. (contrary to intro flavour)

*Note: These roles are independent of a person's specific Roles. (More on the actual Allomantic and Feruchemic abilities below)

Please disregard my questino about permanent roles. The BOLDED and UNDERLINED text right above suggest that I was wrong.

Players:

1)Maw

2)Ishmael

3)Songstress (Killed Night 2)

4)Amegakure Lenlo

5)Razen

6)Wombat

7)Aiel Heart

8)Ironeyes (Killed Night 2)

9)Player

10)Blackhoof

11)Tina

12)Pale

13)Sakaea

14)Song

15)Meesh (Killed Night 1)

16)Smiley (lynched Day 1)

17)Despothera

18)Graendals favourite

19)Christine

20)MCS Myndrunner

21)Turin

22)Eternal Phoenix (Lynched Day 1)

23)Key (Killed Night 1)

Still, I find it incredibly interesting that we haven't found a single mafia at this time. Not sure Wombat is the solution either since he's a maybe, but Razen got a definite read on Maw.

unvote

vote Maw

Let's go with what we know, or at least assume Razen knows. Sorry for the confusion, I thought we had a lying liar who lies. I see now that he could really be our permanent finder.

unvote

Vote Razen

So you'd lynch the Finder? Smart. Especially because as I said before, my power wasn't going anywhere last night. I still have it. And, tell me, if my spike on Wombat failed, how is that I can have the vig kill? I have no idea who has that ability. For all I know, you could have spiked the kill from Wombat and be setting me up to die, either through a lynch or an NK. It would certainly explain how you had "two actions" to use. You would have used your track on me and spiked Wombat, thereby giving you the ability to kill me tonight.

Plus another thing. How exactly is my death not a waste? I'm a confirmed Finder. Lose me, you lose one of the investigative roles in this game. And the only players I can see that benefitting are scum.

My bold. No. No, you are not. You have not been confirmed by anything or anyone. No one has challenged your claim until now, but no one has substantiated it. And I can say with certainty that I have a town win condition, so either a bus driver or something equally screwy is running around, or you are pulling all this out of your anus. VOTE RAZEN

Perhaps whoever has the Finder alloy should Find Razen tonight? I don't believe there is a "THE FINDER" in this game. TOO much power in the hands of the town if there is a FINDER ALLOY and a permanent FINDER. Anyone else have a PERMANENT role? I didn't think so.

Actually, someone DOES have a permanent role.

I think Maw's lynch will either confirm or deny if Razen is a permanent Finder. Interesting that he hasn't been targeted by the mafia yet, but still, Maw's lynch yields a benefit either way.

1) Maw is town, Razen is full of crap. If there is a bus driver in this game in addition to all these alloys and such and finders and the like, then this game is way too loaded for my cholesterol! There is no other conclusion other than Razen is lying in this scenario.

or

2) Maw flips solo-win. We got rid of a threat to the Good Guys and we can take Razen's word from now on. Healer should know what to do that night!

Make sense?

So I can't remember if I have said it in this games, but right now I don't have a computer, it died, so I have to use other peoples computers. So please have patience with me.

I almsot puked after drinking that horrid stuff.

Ever had a Caribou Lou? Yummy.

I think Maw's lynch will either confirm or deny if Razen is a permanent Finder. Interesting that he hasn't been targeted by the mafia yet, but still, Maw's lynch yields a benefit either way.

1) Maw is town, Razen is full of crap. If there is a bus driver in this game in addition to all these alloys and such and finders and the like, then this game is way too loaded for my cholesterol! There is no other conclusion other than Razen is lying in this scenario.

or

2) Maw flips solo-win. We got rid of a threat to the Good Guys and we can take Razen's word from now on. Healer should know what to do that night!

Make sense?

Makes complete sense to me. However you don't know that he hasn't been targeted, there are protective roles in this game. Pretty short sighted of you,

After all, usually the first kill listed is the mafia's kill, the second is usually a third party one. Not saying this is always the case, but from what I've seen it's the norm.

The order for the kills is not based off anything game related

Archived