DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dirge of Onosia (Advanced) Mafia - Day 3

mcs0083

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't do anything to Kate. I knew she was a Mason that whole game and I did not kill her. She was more useful to me alive. If I was on the Mafia Team I could have used Turin in the same way. You saw how I was able to text him and he sent the hammer in for us so we wouldn't get a random.

Relationships are there to be used, not thrown away. I was severely ticked off when they killed him.

You honestly think that I would kill Turin?

:blink:

You would honestly let something personal like a friendship/bond affect the decisions you make in gameplay?

:blink:

No. Remember what she did to Kate? I ain't buying anything Ithi sells about personal relationships in this game.

Obviously I don't buy it either, but no, I have no idea what she did to Kate. I've played one game with Kate and I don't think Ithi was in that one. :tongue:

I used my friendship with Kate as a way to make Mynd think I was Town. Kate backed me up the whole game ans stopped him from getting me lynched. It is being suggested that I am doing the same with Turin. If I were mafia and Turin was not, I certainly would be using him to protect me in a similar way to what kate did. It worked pretty well last time. I certainly wouldn't waste that kind of connection by killing him.

As it is I am Town, so was looking forward to scheming with him and stuffs and then he got killed.

Why were you ticked off?

Ticked off = annoyed but more so. Like persisted off kind of

We were in an open communication game and we were having fun chatting and discussing the game. It was nice. And then he got NKd. I didn't actually want to join this game in the first place, I only signed up because it was taking forever to fill and I wanted it to hurry up so I could do my own Sith one. So, ending up being Town with Turin made it bearable.

Why were you ticked off?

Ticked off = annoyed but more so. Like persisted off kind of

We were in an open communication game and we were having fun chatting and discussing the game. It was nice. And then he got NKd. I didn't actually want to join this game in the first place, I only signed up because it was taking forever to fill and I wanted it to hurry up so I could do my own Sith one. So, ending up being Town with Turin made it bearable.

:laugh: I know what "ticked off" means. I haven't used it since I was younger, but it's still part of my vocabulary. :tongue: Although I am terribly unsure of the meaning of "persisted off." >.>

The explanation about WHY was what I was after. It makes sense. I was having a hard time coming up with reasons why you'd be legitimately upset about Turin dying in a game, but that's cos I'm not you, which is why I asked.

I do have to comment on what you said about using Kate and then if you were mafia using Turin in a similar way. Sure, it makes sense, but one of the things about mafia is that when there is a chance you're expected to do one thing, you generally want to do something else because otherwise people will have you figured out lickety-split.

I didn't kill Kate, and I didn't kill Turin. It was other people who brought up the previous game, and you asked what I did in that game. I was explaining. I don't have anything to hide.

'Persisted' is a word I use when I don't want to techinally swear, like when it's raining I would say it's persisting it down. Say it fast and you will get what I mean.

I was referring to what you said in the bold here:

I used my friendship with Kate as a way to make Mynd think I was Town. Kate backed me up the whole game ans stopped him from getting me lynched. It is being suggested that I am doing the same with Turin. If I were mafia and Turin was not, I certainly would be using him to protect me in a similar way to what kate did. It worked pretty well last time. I certainly wouldn't waste that kind of connection by killing him.

As it is I am Town, so was looking forward to scheming with him and stuffs and then he got killed.

Regardless of whether or not someone else brought other games up first, you ARE trying to use it to your advantage. A mere explanation wouldn't have needed the bold part at all.

Also, yeah, it's in your siggy, Turin's siggy, AND I included "bond" in my initial question. :wink:

As to "persisted," I figured that's what you meant, but I thought maybe it was like an auto-correct mistake so I decided to be obnoxious. :tongue: Honestly, though, I've never thought of the alternative as swearing. Crude language, yeah, but not really swearing... *shrugs*

For the record, I'm waiting for something before I cast judgment in this whole Key/Ithi thing.

But it doesn't hurt to explore for information in the meanwhile.

And my opinion on whether or not outside associations should be used inside a game is based on experience, btw. Played a few games with DSage back when he was around and he was my Warder. (Just so happens that in the two most prominent in my memory, he was the Finder and I was mafia. XD) Played many a game with Pete (I was souvra bonded to him). And I'm bonded to Locke, as well.

Obviously there are things you can't help when you play a game with someone you know very well, like being able to tell if someone's being sincere, or having greater-than-normal knowledge of their online habits, and stuff like that. Personally, though, I feel that it's a game first and foremost, and when you're in the game, nothing outside of the game is real. So in the game itself, I'm not bonded to Locke. If at all possible, I feel it's fairer to the game and everyone else to avoid using outside things as part of the game.

Alright well I wanted to weigh in on this Ithi issue, there's something that had bothered me when I was catching up to everythin (which didn't take that long due to the slow moving game lol)

I would say bring back Turin, but after comments in BG's game ... It doesn't seem right anymore. The Mafia Team had their reasons for killing him, and bringing him back wouldn't be fair to whatever plans they have according to Words of Wisdom from Verbal.

Despo expressed an interest in playing the game ... Depends if Hoofie has a tasty role probably though lol.

This bothered me because it kind of looks like Ithi was making the assumption that Hoof was town, which is kinda strange because usually she's constantly joking about how he's surely scum. She didn't include any kind of caveat or anything.

I'm not thrilled to be doing this, but I'm afraid I gotta Vote Ithi. Sorry bonded, but this way you'll have more time for our DS fight :biggrin:

Also, in an open comm game like this, I don't think we should question people too much about where they got their "findings". Key seems pretty sure about Ithi's alignment, so we should leave the WIFOM open for mafia so they don't know if she has an ability or if she got her info from someone else. With the cop dead, we need to make sure to do everything we can to keep other investigative roles that might be out there hidden.

Speakin of open comm, no one has pm'ed me yet :sad:

I wonder why. :tongue:

They're probably all afraid you'll twist their brains inside out and squeeze all the juice out of them like an orange, and then stand on their dry husks laughing and drinking the fruit of your labors without it going down the wrong tube and making you cough.

I haven't seen Hoofie for a while ...

Oh no there he is, just signed up and happily playing away in Tina's Norse game in Thak.

Unvote

I'm thinking he bailed because he had a boring role ...

*note to self - Hoofie only plays tasty roles and that's why he always seems to be mafia*

Exhibit a. Hoofie only plays when he has a cool role. Being on the Mafia team = cool role, hence Hoofie wasn't Mafia imo. So that means Meesh is pretty much 100% solid Town as far as I am concerned.

Just done the milk round :)

Your logic is poor Dear Bonded. Just cos I don't write reams of text doesn't mean you can ignore what I do write.

I am not on the Mafia Team. Go do something you are obviously better suited for, like post in our Battle :wink:

Archived