DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dirge of Onosia (Advanced) Mafia - Day 3

mcs0083

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I responded in both threads thank you very much :tongue:

As for your response to my post, it's plausible that you really thought Hoof was more likely town, and that's fine; only problem is like I said, you included no caveat of that kind in the post I quoted. Had you put a simple parentheses in there along the lines of (unless Hoof is actually mafia of course) it prob wouldn't have caught my attention at all. The fact that you didn't, along with Key's confidence in your mafianess, and the fact that I've kind of picked up on your tell, make me pretty confident with my vote.

And btw, how could you say that I don't read your posts?! I obviously was hanging on your every word, which is why I was able to catch that slip :tongue:

I'm beginning to worry Red might be controlling you again :unsure:

I don't like that word :(

Well, I never wanted to play this game anyway. Turin said I should not leap into a chasm and die after he had gone ... I'm not on the mafia team, but I don't mind dying. At least you will be able to see my corner* report and know there is someone messing with stuffs in this game.

For what is is worth I'm the Tracker. I have tracked two people but I don't want to say who, because we have already lost our Doc and me giving out info like that will narrow the pool for the Mafia to find and kill other Roled Townies. Neither of them went near the dead people anyways.

And I know you read my posts Dear Bonded - I was just joking with you.

I would like to read one of your posts now elsewhere -stupid work getting in the way of all the fun stuff.

*this post was brought to your by POSTSLIKERED, the new anti spell check device

All that word means to most of us is "mafia," so getting worked up about it every time someone mentions it is just going to get your blood pressure up and make your hair fall out, and not actually accomplish anything.

It's kind of like when you're Jewish and someone says "Merry Christmas" to you, they don't mean any offense; they're just wishing you a happy holiday season in the way that's natural to them. This is just the darker cousin of that scenario. >.>

Just saying.

Oh shush ...

:sanctimonious:

I'm entitled to feel anyway I like. I certainly won't change my viewpoint and say oh that's ok. Just as I wouldn't expect you to accept me using a word to describe you that had a different meaning where you came from, it is not expecting to much to respect my feelings on this. I find that word offensive. Call each other it all you like, and if you don't know how I feel then by all means say it and then change when I make you aware of it. Call me Mafia till the cows come home.

Would you continue saying Merry Christmas to someone once you found out they were Jewish?

I'm not Mafia though.

:biggrin:

Fair enough. I don't think I've called you scum at all, at least since I found out you don't like it, but then I don't think I've ever had cause to do that so far. XD

Mostly I just think it's extra effort to have to catalog in your head what you can say to whom, and it's a lot easier on everyone if one person can try not to take offense at something that is really meant to be harmless.

BUT, again, I haven't done it, and if you DO feel that strongly about it in game and out, naturally I'll continue to respect your wishes. And yeah, if someone said "Oh, I'm Jewish, please don't wish me a Merry Christmas" I'd probably just say "Happy Holidays" to them from then on out or something.

Well, I haven't decided on that yet. :tongue: I've thought about putting a vote on you, but that would tip you over past half the needed votes, so I'm just gonna keep waiting and watching.

Also, silly MCS. He'd better have at least checked in by the time I get home from church. XD

No worries,

Also the reason why I think there is something going on with our Night Action Results, is that both of my results so far have been weird and phrased like

'Such and such did not appear to go anywhere'

Which is not a wording I have ever seen on any night Action result I have ever had before. I asked MCS whether it was my Night Action that wasn't 100% or if I was being blocked or people getting switched and I got nothing from him, not even a PAFO. Just something for you all to be aware of during the rest of the game maybe.

All right. I could find what I thought I had seen, so obviously I was mistaken. What worries me about an Ithi lynch is that we would be basing it on unprovable second-hand info. If for some reason Ithi flips town tracker, all Key has to do is say "I don't know what happened. I guess Kaea was wrong". Bad idea in my opinion.I'll be back later after a thorough reread to place a vote. I am leaning toward Ishy right now, but I can't place my finger on why, hence the reread.

All right. I could find what I thought I had seen, so obviously I was mistaken. What worries me about an Ithi lynch is that we would be basing it on unprovable second-hand info. If for some reason Ithi flips town tracker, all Key has to do is say "I don't know what happened. I guess Kaea was wrong". Bad idea in my opinion.I'll be back later after a thorough reread to place a vote. I am leaning toward Ishy right now, but I can't place my finger on why, hence the reread.

I don't agree. Kae was cop. End of story. Key says she was talking to KAe and Kae got that info. If key is wrong, we lynch her. That's basically like calling Kae a liar. We already know she (Kae) was town. I don't like how you are looking at this. We don't lynch Ithi just because she claims a role, even though the cop said she was mafia? Doesn't make sense.

Would you continue saying Merry Christmas to someone once you found out they were Jewish?

yes

the Jewish side of my family wishes me a Merry Christmas when they see me during that time of the year

dunno why they wouldn't or why I wouldn't

also I've been lazy since this day started

I think I'm depressed our cop died

I just haven't wanted to make any effort in this game since then

I apologize for that

I'm not going to do a reread/reply session just yet but I am going to try to do it sometime today

we'll see how that goes eh?

if there's anything urgent that needs attention/opinions just quote this post and yell at me

I don't agree. Kae was cop. End of story. Key says she was talking to KAe and Kae got that info. If key is wrong, we lynch her. That's basically like calling Kae a liar. We already know she (Kae) was town. I don't like how you are looking at this. We don't lynch Ithi just because she claims a role, even though the cop said she was mafia? Doesn't make sense.

So, you were included in the conversation? What was the wording? In what context? How do you know Kaea wasn't redirected? How do you know Key wasn't fed bad info by Kaea as a test of some sort? There are many things wrong with this situation, but the first and foremost is that it is not the cop that is saying this. It is someone who SAYS the cop told her this. What you propose is that if Ithi flips town, we lynch Key. Without thinking about why this information might have been given in the first place. I disagree with you.

I happen to agree with Aemon. If Ithi is telling the truth about her role, what is the sense in lynching her on second-hand information that could have been falsified in so many ways? We'd lose a role that can help us out, for nothing other than "Key says she heard Ithi is mafia."

First of all, when do you suppose Kae found out Ithi wasn't town? If it was N1, then why didn't she say anything that would point us toward Ithi, or even reveal? If it was N2, then why was she talking about game info with Key AFTER she died? I'm assuming all night actions are processed at Daybreak, but if they're not, then it's possible Kae told Key "hey I just found out Ithi is mafia" or something like that before she died, cos she would have gotten her actions before Daybreak.

If that's what happened, then you have to wonder if Key is town, because unless Kae told tons of people that Ithi is mafia, it seems awfully coincidental that Kae died last night after supposedly telling Kae that Ithi is mafia.

At the moment I'm still leaning toward believing Ithi, but if Ithi happens to be mafia, I am not discounting a gambit between them to clear Key some.

But overall I don't like this Ithi train at all. It reeks.

(oh yeah, and I don't have time to go back and look, so if someone could quote it for me, where exactly did Key say that she was communicating with Kae?)

No I was not included in the conversation. *rolls eyes* I just think we should follow Key today. I don't think she would try a "gambit" this early, especially when when it's not even close to endgame. There's no reason she needed to come out with that info, unless she believed it. All this protecting of Ithi kind of reeks to me actually. Methinks some mafia members are scured right not. And Ithi revealed with only 3 votes on her. Really? And then she's all, though I don't want to reveal who I tracked just in cases. It stinks. I think Ithi is mafia. That's it.

There's not much defense against a viewing by the cop IMO. I assumed I would be lynched and so just wanted to make sure I share some info. My lynch will at least tell the rest of you if there is weirdness going on with other people's night results as well.

I still don't want to post in the Thread who I followed, but if it gets to the hammer I will send a PM to a couple of people to let them know my results so they can be shared at a later point.

Both of mine 'appeared' to go no-where so at first it doesn't seem that interesting, but if you know who doesn't go somewhere, then it makes the choosing pool of those who do smaller.

Maybe both of the people I tracked were Mafia, in which case me releasing the info won't make any difference, but they could be two possibly Roleless Townies. I really don't like the wording of my results.

I've already said I think Meesh is likely to be Town, because Hoofie went elsewhere to play and is having a great time. I think he would have stuck around and played had he been on the Mafia team purely because he likes to pretend he is all evil mwahahaha etc

I will include Meesh on my Hammer PM, if it comes to that, and someone else ... I haven't figured out who yet though.

There's not much defense against a viewing by the cop IMO. I assumed I would be lynched and so just wanted to make sure I share some info. My lynch will at least tell the rest of you if there is weirdness going on with other people's night results as well.

I still don't want to post in the Thread who I followed, but if it gets to the hammer I will send a PM to a couple of people to let them know my results so they can be shared at a later point.

Both of mine 'appeared' to go no-where so at first it doesn't seem that interesting, but if you know who doesn't go somewhere, then it makes the choosing pool of those who do smaller.

Maybe both of the people I tracked were Mafia, in which case me releasing the info won't make any difference, but they could be two possibly Roleless Townies. I really don't like the wording of my results.

I've already said I think Meesh is likely to be Town, because Hoofie went elsewhere to play and is having a great time. I think he would have stuck around and played had he been on the Mafia team purely because he likes to pretend he is all evil mwahahaha etc

I will include Meesh on my Hammer PM, if it comes to that, and someone else ... I haven't figured out who yet though.

As to this...that would surely be interesting.

Still, WHERE IS THE GOSH-DARNED MOD KDSLFJSLKDJFLSDJ

Thanks, Eebs, I knew that people couldn't be just putting words in her mouth but I didn't remember actually seeing the post until now that you've quoted it. XD

But yeah...um, until further notice, I'm actually just gonna go out on a limb here and vote Key.

I hadn't finished my reread but enough of what has transpired here today and on D1 makes me not trust you at all.

Because it's an open com game and I told her she neded to share information with me before I would share with her. She had viewed me and knew I wasn't mafia. She told me she knew Ithi was.

Belueve me or not, it's your decision. Looking at it from an outside pov, though, if I were scum, what good does it do me to claim Ithi is scum right now? It would leave me open for a lynch tomorrow. Not to mention, why would I use such a weak argument, unless it was the truth? I would know that you'd all poke holes in it.

Finally, Ithi is a roleblocker, not a tracker.

Archived