DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, fun stuff! Mine is only starting to get the mama look.

As for my weekend, I shall have a house full of people and a party at the inflatable land of Monkey Joe's. So far, four of her classmates have rsvp'd.

make that about 11 of her classmates. Oddly enough, mostly boys. LOL I think we're up to two girls coming to the party. It's all princess themed, so this should be FUN! *coughs*

A new helmet, huh?

Princesses? Lol.

I saw folks hitting people with sticks this weekend. *Grins* We had our King's Champion tournament at Coronation yesterday. Which was fabulous! Coronation pretty much was our weekend plan. Today's plan was 'recover from long event day.' Though we have a pot-luck dinner tonight and a bardic guild meeting.

I saw folks hitting people with sticks this weekend. *Grins* We had our King's Champion tournament at Coronation yesterday. Which was fabulous! Coronation pretty much was our weekend plan. Today's plan was 'recover from long event day.' Though we have a pot-luck dinner tonight and a bardic guild meeting.

I'm jealous but I'm glad you are having fun. I'm home watching football.

My weekend was insane! However, we got through it! My parents, sister and nephew came down to celebrate Peanut's birthday. 15 pre-k kids showed up for said party (so glad that wasn't at my house!).

Two friends were in the hospital over the weekend, one of whom is still there. The one who was released had a stroke at the ripe old age of 45. The other... *sighs* that is a story that is just horrible all the way around. About two years ago, she was diagnosed with lymphoma. She's gone through radiation and has been clean for a really long time. About three weeks ago, she started forgetting things. She can't drive anymore because she ran a red light and almost hit someone else. She has two daughters, the oldest one is about a month older than Peanut. The youngest is about 3. She started getting dizzy on Saturday and her husband took her to the hospital. They admitted her and started a spinal. They give her morphine every 4 hours to knock her out. The best thing we can hope for is West Nile, but it's looking more like PML, which is a latent virus that most of the population has believe it or not. The chemicals that your body releases generally will keep it at bay, but when your immune system is compromised, there's nothing to stop it. It attacks and destroys brain tissue. Life expectancy from the onset of symptoms is 1-6 months.

Sorry to be a downer, but there's a lot going on in Lor Land, lately, and it's not all sunshine.

My weekend was insane! However, we got through it! My parents, sister and nephew came down to celebrate Peanut's birthday. 15 pre-k kids showed up for said party (so glad that wasn't at my house!).

Two friends were in the hospital over the weekend, one of whom is still there. The one who was released had a stroke at the ripe old age of 45. The other... *sighs* that is a story that is just horrible all the way around. About two years ago, she was diagnosed with lymphoma. She's gone through radiation and has been clean for a really long time. About three weeks ago, she started forgetting things. She can't drive anymore because she ran a red light and almost hit someone else. She has two daughters, the oldest one is about a month older than Peanut. The youngest is about 3. She started getting dizzy on Saturday and her husband took her to the hospital. They admitted her and started a spinal. They give her morphine every 4 hours to knock her out. The best thing we can hope for is West Nile, but it's looking more like PML, which is a latent virus that most of the population has believe it or not. The chemicals that your body releases generally will keep it at bay, but when your immune system is compromised, there's nothing to stop it. It attacks and destroys brain tissue. Life expectancy from the onset of symptoms is 1-6 months.

Sorry to be a downer, but there's a lot going on in Lor Land, lately, and it's not all sunshine.

Oh, I am so sorry about your friends. When it hits, it hits hard.

Pics at: http://www.facebook....88574834&type=1

We had a rare event free weekend due to a cancellation and so we had a regional fighter practice instead.

Greetings from Ansteorra! How are things in Meridies? That looks like you had a really great Regional practice. We had Coronation this past weekend!

Oh, and Ryrin, to partially answer your question, yes, the SCA has rules on how to make your equipment. There are certain safety standards that must be met and materials that are allowed, and then from there each kingdom has their own variations and rules on top of that to suit their preferences (some insist on more than the minimum amount of padding on weapons, for just one example). There are also often some interesting experiments going on to see if there are safe ways to do some of the more unusual or potentially dangerous weapons to make their combat equivalents safe. :flamingsword: (flaming swords not permitted. :wink: )

It is a discussion that could go on at much length if we got into specifics and individual kingdom standards!

Ok, found a great used dryer in the paper. He's an older retired guy who both picks up broken washers and dryers and refurbishes them for resale. We bought a great GE for $95.00. He both delivered it and took the old one away, so I'm good to go. We went out to brunch and later in the evening to Salazar's for a drink and appetizer. My mood is much improved.

Greetings from Ansteorra! How are things in Meridies? That looks like you had a really great Regional practice. We had Coronation this past weekend!

We did Coronation the weekend before, so we have new Crowns, Thomas II and Elisanda II. Our Shire is hosting Their Crown list in a couple of weeks, which makes me as the Seneschal absolutely thrilled and going completely insane at the same time.

:flamingsword: (flaming swords not permitted. :wink: )

However, I have a Squirebrother who does some other martial things (absolutely not SCA!) on youtube doing this, he's the one in the ring when they light it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyItD0W7Si0&playnext=1&list=PLE2C2DE16E497F44C&feature=results_video

It is a discussion that could go on at much length if we got into specifics and individual kingdom standards!

Its far too long a discussion and one that changed on what seems a monthly basis and causes me a headache every time Gulf Wars rolls around.

Can't take a shower thanks to an odd drain clog. It really makes no sense. One day the toilet leaks. Then the next day when you flush the bathtub fills from the drain. Now the tub has standing water. These three things happen at alternating random intervals. *facepalm*

Bringing in a plumber on Monday.

Can't take a shower thanks to an odd drain clog. It really makes no sense. One day the toilet leaks. Then the next day when you flush the bathtub fills from the drain. Now the tub has standing water. These three things happen at alternating random intervals. *facepalm*

Bringing in a plumber on Monday.

The compressor went out on my air conditioner in my car..... then the TV dies along with the dryer. I'm recovered and you will be on the road to recovery soon. do you belong to a gym/health club? If you do, go take a shower there.

If you're on a sewer, there's a clog in the line going to the main sewage line. For us, it was caused by tree roots. :(

I spent my weekend not doing much. My husband was racing all day yesterday and we did grocery shopping today. I saved $100 today! Even managed to get three 12 packs of Dr. Pepper for $1.33!

If you're on a sewer, there's a clog in the line going to the main sewage line. For us, it was caused by tree roots. :(

I spent my weekend not doing much. My husband was racing all day yesterday and we did grocery shopping today. I saved $100 today! Even managed to get three 12 packs of Dr. Pepper for $1.33!

Did you use coupons?

Archived