A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you got to meet him, right?

I'm keeping my hopes up for April. :)

And I hope so, too, Ryrin! JordanCon is a TON of not just WoT related fun! It's a lot smaller than Dragon*Con or Comic Con, so you get more face time with the guests (even if there are fewer of them) and the panels are much more relaxed, too. :) I prefer the smaller cons, personally!

*fingers crossed for the interview turning into a job*

Sounds like fun, Ryrin!

My plans for this weekend? NADA! Ok, I plan on getting my phone switched back since the insurance managed to find one and get it to me late last night. I've been on my husband's blackberry since the screen on my Incredible died after the parade last Saturday. It's been driving me CRAZY!

So, no Japanese Festival this year. The Tropical Storm made it's way up the Miss River just in time to dump rain on the area all weekend. Boo!

I'm sorry that happened. Will you tell us about last year's?

I have lots of pics from previous years. I've posted threads about them several times, so rather than post them again, I'll just link to my Photobucket account.

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc280/Samuraiflip05/Japanese%20Fest%20and%20Zoo/

The first few are the indoor Bonzai and Ikebana displays they do every year. Page 2 are general Botanical Garden pics in and around the area called the Japanese Garden.

I have lots of pics from previous years. I've posted threads about them several times, so rather than post them again, I'll just link to my Photobucket account.

http://s214.photobuc...e Fest and Zoo/

The first few are the indoor Bonzai and Ikebana displays they do every year. Page 2 are general Botanical Garden pics in and around the area called the Japanese Garden.

Oh, I loved those! Thank you for sharing. I am a person that enjoys learning about other cultures and their traditions including art forms and food. I have a friend where I used to live, his father is a Buddhist priest. The Temple would hold a yearly festival. We have a large Armenian population here and they have a yearly food festival as a fund raiser. We hold an annual Jewish festival here, with food, Krav Maga demonstrations and Israeli dancing.

So, they're not going to reschedule the festival, Sam? It sounds quite awesome to just skip because of a storm. :(

Here in Savannah, we have the Irish Festival in February, St. Patty's Day parade in March, the Greek festival in May, the Jewish festival (this one always sneaks up on me, so I never remember when it is!), there's the German festival every October, the Scottish Fest which is pretty much every first Saturday, though we have a bigger one... in the Spring, I think? We have a couple of other festivals spread out during the year, but these are the big ones.

Yes, I live in a town that likes to party. We blame that mentality on the number of reported hauntings. We're having so much fun, even death can't make us leave! ;)

My dizziness has been pretty bad the last few weeks, too. A few migraines here and there haven't helped. :(

This weekend is going to be a bit busy. We're getting ready for Peanut's 5th birthday! We booked her party at Monkey Joe's so we can invite her friends at school this time. I've got so much to do before then! *sighs*

My dizziness has been pretty bad the last few weeks, too. A few migraines here and there haven't helped. :(

This weekend is going to be a bit busy. We're getting ready for Peanut's 5th birthday! We booked her party at Monkey Joe's so we can invite her friends at school this time. I've got so much to do before then! *sighs*

I enjoyed having my son's birthday parties outside of the home. The place helps, plus no clean up at home afterwards. My youngest loved Chuck E Cheese. I would not book their party but bring in my stuff and they will refrigerate the cake. It cost less. I'd buy pizzas, drinks and bring my own party bags.

Yeah, the lack of clean up is great! I still have to clean my house, because I have family coming in from out of town, but it's nice not to have to organize that. As strange as it sounds, I also like the fact that I don't have to cook, since Monkey Joe's doesn't allow you to bring food in. :) Just goodie bags, decorations, and a cake. YAY!

We did CeC one year....that was scary. Waaaaaay too many kids running around. Now we rent a pavilion at the park and BBQ.

We did that a couple of times. It was fun. My oldest was born in April so we never knew what the weather would be and my youngest was born in July and it can get really hot here.

I'm home this weekend with a bad cold.

I hate Chuck 'e Cheese with a passion bordering the heat of a thousand suns. That and, around here, it's not exactly a safe place for a blonde haired, blue eyed kid... *sighs* And their latest commercial sets my teeth on edge ("everybody say cheese, it's funner...") <--- funner, seriously? *groans*

Either way, we'll see how next weekend goes! :)

Archived