DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene's death?

Southpaw89

Brandon Sanderson recently posted this. "Just wrote a scene with Bela in it. This scene is one that RJ left instructions for in his notes; it gave me shivers when reading." My opinion is Egwene gets killed and Bela makes some weeping cry over it. I say this because we know from Brandon's statements in the past that RJ left specific notes on the fate of all important characters and if this one gave shivers to him and it pertained to Bela, I'd say Egwene was involved. And I say this because he's also confirmed in the past that Bela lives so we know it's not Belas death.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's a kewl Bela-daringly-gallops-in-and-saves-the-main-characters-against-all-odds-including-defeating-the-DO-by-kicking-him-in-the-gonads-forcing-him-to-yeild-and-thus-saving-Randland kinda scene?

:biggrin::laugh:

I dunno if I'd seriously consider the idea of Egwene dying. I mean, after all the trouble and time involved in her gaining the Amyrlin Seat, and mending the WT, why would RJ want her killed off? She is getting a bit uppity, but wouldn't the Tower descend into total :wacko:-ness if she died?

Guest Emu on the Loose

All I know is that AMoL just got twice as awesome.

I do think it's a stretch to say that a shiver-inducing scene with Bela has anything to do with Egwene dying, though.

Guest PiotrekS

I don't think Egwene will die and, even though I can't stand her, I hope she won't.

Bela balefiring the Pattern, on the other hand...

I've just seen the Siuan comment above. If Mr Sanderson writes anything bad for Siuan, I'll be very, very angry with him. I don't care what's in the notes. :darkone:

I don't think Egwene will die and, even though I can't stand her, I hope she won't.

Bela balefiring the Pattern, on the other hand...

I've just seen the Siuan comment above. If Mr Sanderson writes anything bad for Siuan, I'll be very, very angry with him. I don't care what's in the notes. :darkone:

Me too. Siuan has suffered enough. She and Gareth need to survive and marry. I also don't think the death of Siuan at this point would give anyone "shivers."

No this isn't turning into a Egween hate thread.

Personally, I disliked Egween in the first several books, but once she faced her toh to the wise ones she completely changed in my mind and she is one of my favorite characters now.

With that said, I wouldn't have a problem her being killed off as it well done and is significant to the plot progress. And if it annoyed the Egween haters in some way, even better.

Personally, I disliked Egween in the first several books, but once she faced her toh to the wise ones she completely changed in my mind and she is one of my favorite characters now.

With that said, I wouldn't have a problem her being killed off as it well done and is significant to the plot progress. And if it annoyed the Egween haters in some way, even better.

In what possible universe would an Egwene hater be annoyed with Egwene's death no matter the circumstances?

In what possible universe would an Egwene hater be annoyed with Egwene's death no matter the circumstances?

I'm sure they would find a way.

I'm sure they would find a way.

Her death was "too perfect" or she died before figuring a plan to stop the DO (even though that is Rand's job) or she stole a moment in the book by saving her friends and that caused her death or by dieing she collected even more power for the WT. Or doing any of the other things that the Eggy haters bash her for.

They will find a way. It doesn't have to be rational.

Here are my thoughts on the Bela statement...

This is more of a post-LB setting. Edmond's Field and the entire Two Rivers was boot stomped by the Shadow. Picture charred building, burned corpses, scenes of battle, etc.

After the LB, Bela survives where most living things didn't. Bela follow her instincts and wanders back to the Two Rivers and makes her way to Edmond's Field. Her point of view is describing the scene. The Wheel of Time series ends with Bela arriving back at the al-Thor farm/ruins as the beginning of a wind passes over.

After the LB, Bela survives where most living things didn't. Bela follow her instincts and wanders back to the Two Rivers and makes her way to Edmond's Field. Her point of view is describing the scene. The Wheel of Time series ends with Bela arriving back at the al-Thor farm/ruins as the beginning of a wind passes over.

Would literally burn my book if that's how it ended...

Edit: LOL very funny with the addition to my post below.

Would literally burn my book if that's how it ended. It's got to be Bela and Mandarb who wander back to the Al'Thor farm and live happily ever after...

I agree with Suttree. BelaXMandarb forever :laugh:

Archived