A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Question of Virgins

HighWiredSith

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Moridin a virgin or is he not?

That is the question, isn't it? :tongue:

Does ones state of virginity change when one is transmigrated?

Supposing, it does, still... We have no idea what he's doing offscreen. I thought maybe he has, um, used Cyndane. Not like, in a loving way, I know some people say he might be in love with Lanfear or whatever. I don't really believe that, but I wouldn't put it past him to sleep with her.

Anyway, minus that factor, that guy is like, over 3,000 years old. There's no way in hell he's a virgin.

Egwene... I have a mind to count her and Gawyn's dream episode.

Moiraine and Siuan are not virgins. Lesbian sex counts.

Tuon and Mat... I betcha they consummate that in aMoL somewhere. I hope it's under a wagon... Or something. She did want to go to a hell. She might be intrigued by that kind of thing.

Did Aram die as a virgin?

I don't know what other virgins we have in WoT...

that's something i don't understand about the whole marriage. what kind of culture acknowledges a marriage without consummation. and mat of all people should have a problem with it.

I think marriage without consummation is not so uncommon even from the legal history perspective (I'll be back to naughtiness soon, don't worry :wink: ) The idea that a non-consummated marriage can be dissolved in certain circumstances is definitely a feature of a Roman Catholic Church law, which played a large role in European history but right now the consummation is largely irrelevant from the point of view of the legal force of marriage. Seanchan seem to be based more on Asian cultures though and I have no idea how it looks like there.

Should Mat have a problem with it? I guess so, but on the other hand he seems to be the least...frustrated of our heroes in certain areas of life, so it might be he is willing to wait a bit. The wait shouldn't be too long though, because otherwise Mat's and Tuon's meeting scene will have to be cut out of AMoL to keep the book PG :tongue:

dunno about the roman catholic stuff, but under straight OT law, one of the 3 ways to become married is to have sex. that's it. no ceremony, no words, just the deed, and you're married. and without the deed, you're not.

marriage is cleaving together. literally. this is what annulment is about, even in the RC, isn't it?

That's clever, because that way it is literally impossible to have extra-maritial sex, right? Unless you have sex with a married person, I guess. Unless that results in a bigamy? Pretty offtopic :tongue:

nothing's stopping you from writing it.

No, I wouldn't be able to do it :sad: I've found the whole idea funny because it would be so un-Tuon-like :smile: Imagine Selucia's reaction!

LOL!!!! "Your not doing it right! Mount him like you would a new stallion" :wink:

A.

Btw, made me laugh :biggrin:

Selucia: "She who is Seanchan Empire...Soon the be Empress...Under the wagon...With this...this...raspcallion!Under the wagon!" Then grabs Talmanses and strides in the direction of another wagon :tongue:

I don't know if I should be cheering Talmanes on, or yelling for him to run for his life! lol.

A.

Guest PiotrekS

Probably thought process is too grand a name for what is happening, at least I can safely say so about myself and my humble posts :wink: It is some kind of process for sure...

I guess "Heir to the Seanchan throne spotted under one of the wagons of Valan Luca's Grand Traveling Show and Magnificent Display of Marvelous Wonders with a know rogue and womanizer, Matrim "Mat" Cauthon" just makes a great headline...

for the sake of the CoC i'll keep my thoughts on alternate locations unposted, but the headlines would surely be as titillating, if not as muddy.

i'd have said dirty there, but it would have been too imprecise in this context.

i'll just have to accept that this is something i won't understand.

what kind of clearance do these wagons have, anyway.... and why under the wagon and not in it? or any of a dozen other places i could think of but won't enumerate cause you can think of them, too.

i'm missing something crucial in the thought processes here.

I dont think they have that great a clearance. Also it's just something you wouldn't expect from some one high-born of any culture... Sleeping under the wagons is what common wagon drivers/off duty guards/poor merchants did, not a noble.

A.

.... you've been a teenager, right?

i have. we thought and acted quickly. had to. mat's no much older, and i don't remember how old tuon is, but. still.

there are places besides under the wagon.

and 5 minutes. done. and done again. etc.

5 minutes? Your teenage years must have have been so anticlimactic.

they were just more efficient.

Overly rushed. It's quality that matters, not quantity. No point stealing a moment, just wait until you can steal the whole damn evening.

Didn't she already do the dirty with Gawyne while in TAR? If real injuries can occur the effect the physical world version of a person in TAR, doesn't that mean that she already technically has physically lost her virginity? Or does it not entirely count since she was pulled into his dreams and not actually in TAR any longer?

Guest PiotrekS

I think it was a dream and not TAR and therefore there were no physical consequences. Which means that being a dreamer can have several advantages I haven't thought of before...

Generally, two dominant people in a relationship can often lead to conflict in the relationship. Perhaps I should clarify that, as I'm certain I didn't word that correctly. I'm speaking of people leading highly successful and high profile careers. Think CEOs and the like. Not that these relationships never work, but they tend to work better when one partner is willing to step back and be supportive of the other. That's what Egwene is asking of Gawyn. She has an incredibly important career. She loves him, but she needs him to step back and support her. Typically men have a harder time doing that, which is one difficulty women in relationships have to deal with in the real world when pursuing high profile careers.

I think the oldest human virgin is probably Galad. He has too much of a rod up his behind- figuratively speaking of course- to even consider sex without marriage. He may even have never masturbated before he saw Berelain.

As for whether nobles have sex under waggons I'm fairly certain regardless of status people are quite capable of doing it at just about any place imaginable. And besides from what I recall Tuon is just as interested in sex as anyone else.

Didn't she already do the dirty with Gawyne while in TAR? If real injuries can occur the effect the physical world version of a person in TAR, doesn't that mean that she already technically has physically lost her virginity? Or does it not entirely count since she was pulled into his dreams and not actually in TAR any longer?

That's a good point. I hope I'm not getting too graphic here, but if wounds you receive in T'A'R affect your physical body, then I guess if you had your hymen broken in T'A'R it would be so in the waking world.

But, when she had her dream sex with Gawyn that was a regular dream, right? I don't think it was Tel'aran'rhiod.

That's a good point. I hope I'm not getting too graphic here, but if wounds you receive in T'A'R affect your physical body, then I guess if you had your hymen broken in T'A'R it would be so in the waking world.

But, when she had her dream sex with Gawyn that was a regular dream, right? I don't think it was Tel'aran'rhiod.

Makes you wonder if it was "dream sex" so it was "too good to be true." If that's the case, I wonder if it will be a rude awakening when she finally does seal the deal for real :) I don't think it's usually the most pleasant experience for women the first time.

Edit: TMI

not possible when living in your parents homes

one makes do

Or one masters the fine art of getting rid of ones parents.

what's this quality over quantity stuff?

Sometimes the situation calls for a longish taste and exploration.

Other times a quick tumble and dance will do. It all depends upon the situation!

You're far better off always going for the best, and waiting if you can't get it.

Archived