DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Question of Virgins

HighWiredSith

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When would that have had the chance? The same day that Toun acknowledges that marrage is the same day they find out about the army wanting to kill her is closing in on them. Mat charges Karede (sp) to get her back to Ebau Dar (sp) alive while he, the band and a handful of the DWG stay behind to give them time to get away.... As I said, I doubt Toun would have allowed a quicky under a wagon.

A.

.... you've been a teenager, right?

i have. we thought and acted quickly. had to. mat's no much older, and i don't remember how old tuon is, but. still.

there are places besides under the wagon.

and 5 minutes. done. and done again. etc.

and the fear of imminent death, well. think of shore leave during any world war. plenty of time, and plenty of opportunity.

Toun's 19, coming up 20.

But do you think that she would allow it to happen before she acknowledged the marrage?

And they weren't alone after she did, hell, they were barely within 10 feet of each other for less than 5 minutes from the time she said "Matrim Bloody Cauthon is my husband" to when the scouts said the army way close and Mat sent her away... Where is the oppertunity for "alone time" in that?

And I very much doubt Mat would be a "minute man", Tylin would have skinned him alive if he had been.

A.

ican only answer from what i know of human nature and from personal experience.

yes, in real life, i think they would have made time and found a spot.

and bless 'em if they found more than 5 minutes. give em 15. give em an hour.

just don't see it not happening.

but i can't quote any text or interviews on that. just a sense of how humans behave. even really fancy ones.

ican only answer from what i know of human nature and from personal experience.

yes, in real life, i think they would have made time and found a spot.

and bless 'em if they found more than 5 minutes. give em 15. give em an hour.

just don't see it not happening.

but i can't quote any text or interviews on that. just a sense of how humans behave. even really fancy ones.

I understand where your coming from in your thought, but the text just didn't give them a reasonable chance from the time that it could have happened to when they were seperated.

A.

or maybe he just had to close the window in a hurry, wink wink.

I.... Don't.... Wanna.... Know.... "thinks of Grendal in Aran'gar after a few bottles of wine"

A.

i was thinking something less icky. like sometimes there are other humans in the house.

nvm.

What other reasons are there for closing the window in a hurry? If he was alone in the house he wouldn't need to close the window at all :tongue: .

A.

Guest PiotrekS

he's on the other side of the world. maybe he had to go to sleep.

i don't think he scares that easy.

Thank you Cindy, indeed I don't get scared that easily :smile:

Took a long, luxurious bath and will probably need to go to sleep but still, I think we've definitely improved the thread :tongue:

Other humans in the house are already asleep, and even if they weren't, not a problem at all, nuge nuge, wink wink, say no more :smile:

Everybody I could scare off with my wierdness I already have, so it's ok. See you soon (in internet way only, unfortunately), you great naughty people! :biggrin:

Is Moridin a virgin or is he not?

That is the question, isn't it? :tongue:

Does ones state of virginity change when one is transmigrated?

but way to keep it on topic. P. we went from madonnas to whores in 2 posts.

Not a big jump, Madonna's a bit of a whore already.

When would that have had the chance? The same day that Toun acknowledges that marrage is the same day they find out about the army wanting to kill her is closing in on them. Mat charges Karede (sp) to get her back to Ebau Dar (sp) alive while he, the band and a handful of the DWG stay behind to give them time to get away.... As I said, I doubt Toun would have allowed a quicky under a wagon.

A.

i have. we thought and acted quickly. had to. mat's no much older, and i don't remember how old tuon is, but. still.

5 minutes? Your teenage years must have have been so anticlimactic.

Guest PiotrekS

that's something i don't understand about the whole marriage. what kind of culture acknowledges a marriage without consummation. and mat of all people should have a problem with it.

I think marriage without consummation is not so uncommon even from the legal history perspective (I'll be back to naughtiness soon, don't worry :wink: ) The idea that a non-consummated marriage can be dissolved in certain circumstances is definitely a feature of a Roman Catholic Church law, which played a large role in European history but right now the consummation is largely irrelevant from the point of view of the legal force of marriage. Seanchan seem to be based more on Asian cultures though and I have no idea how it looks like there.

Should Mat have a problem with it? I guess so, but on the other hand he seems to be the least...frustrated of our heroes in certain areas of life, so it might be he is willing to wait a bit. The wait shouldn't be too long though, because otherwise Mat's and Tuon's meeting scene will have to be cut out of AMoL to keep the book PG :tongue:

dunno about the roman catholic stuff, but under straight OT law, one of the 3 ways to become married is to have sex. that's it. no ceremony, no words, just the deed, and you're married. and without the deed, you're not.

marriage is cleaving together. literally. this is what annulment is about, even in the RC, isn't it?

That's clever, because that way it is literally impossible to have extra-maritial sex, right? Unless you have sex with a married person, I guess. Unless that results in a bigamy? Pretty offtopic :tongue:

nothing's stopping you from writing it.

No, I wouldn't be able to do it :sad: I've found the whole idea funny because it would be so un-Tuon-like :smile: Imagine Selucia's reaction!

LOL!!!! "Your not doing it right! Mount him like you would a new stallion" :wink:

A.

Btw, made me laugh :biggrin:

Selucia: "She who is Seanchan Empire...Soon the be Empress...Under the wagon...With this...this...raspcallion!Under the wagon!" Then grabs Talmanses and strides in the direction of another wagon :tongue:

5 minutes? Your teenage years must have have been so anticlimactic.

they were just more efficient.

Archived