DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

do aviendha and elayne die in the last battle

damandred

In the chapter court of the sun in ToM Aviendha sees through the eyes of her daughter when the aiel decide to go to war with the seanchan (17 years after the last battle). Padra (aviendhas daughter) thinks to her self that her mother gained great ji in battle but aviendha herself is nowhere to be seen. Later in the chapter she sees through her grandaughters eyes who is in the court of the andoran queen (who also has the blood of the dragon) and again elayne is nowhere in evidance. Were are aviendha and elayne everythink points to them being dead. They can both channel so they should have lifespans of hundreds of years so if they are dead they did not die naturally. Of course the court of the sun chapter and the chapter before near avendesora throw up allsorts of questions and maybe some spoilers for the last book it looks like rand will bend knee to fortuona according to the aiel when they debate going war with the seanchan the seanchan forced him to. (Which seems so so wrong) I also think aviendha will lead the aiel back to the way of the leaf. Those chapters also point to there being no shift in the seanchan attitude towards channeling which I thought was defo coming with the discoverys of sul dam being able to channel plus the dream egwene has were she gets help of a seanchan woman (tuon most cert). Finally I think the two said chapters were either ment to throw us off in a big way on what will happen or badly thought out by brandon sanderson I can't wait to find out which.

The Last Battle seems to be very close, so unless Aviendha can get pregnant and deliver the children in a matter of days/weeks, she'll probably survive a little longer.

And Elayne should stay this out...she can't be in the first line pregnant and not even sure she can channel properly.

But maybe even if they seal/close the Bore, the Shadowspawn will still be there to give them problem, so they can die later, fighting Trollocs or DF.

What about elaidas foretelling that elayne will play a big part in winning the last battle. I respect the point that aviendha won't have time to conceave give birth plus die in the last battle though

The foretelling does not refer to Elayne specifically. It refered to the royal house of Andor, or the royal line of Andor, which, while it may mean Elayne, Gawyn, Galad, and Morgase, it very likely refers to Rand, who is afterall the son of the last Daughter Heir of Andor: Tigraine Mantear.

The thing about Rand being forced to kneel sounds like another typical example of public knowledge not being quite so accurate. Look at how many false rumors spread throughout the books.

That being said, if Tuon told him to kneel because of the prophecies and it was the only way to get her on side, Im sure Rand would do it, and that could be interpreted as forcing him to do it.

I did not mean rand kneels in the literal sense, although in court of sun in ToM it says "What care do they have for the Dragon they are invaders who forced him to bow to their Empress. She is considered above him." I think that's clear enough that rand will some how "bend knee" to tuon

The foretelling does not refer to Elayne specifically. It refered to the royal house of Andor, or the royal line of Andor, which, while it may mean Elayne, Gawyn, Galad, and Morgase, it very likely refers to Rand, who is afterall the son of the last Daughter Heir of Andor: Tigraine Mantear.

You are right that it's not specific BUT chances are it has to do with Elayne and the vision that the lion, the spear and the one who see's the future (Elayne, Aviendha and Min) are on the boat with dead Rand and have a part with him winning the last battle. Yeah Rand is connected to the royal family but it hasn't played a huge role in relevance that should be important for Last Battle

You are right that it's not specific BUT chances are it has to do with Elayne and the vision that the lion, the spear and the one who see's the future (Elayne, Aviendha and Min) are on the boat with dead Rand and have a part with him winning the last battle. Yeah Rand is connected to the royal family but it hasn't played a huge role in relevance that should be important for Last Battle

The foretelling doesn't say that it's because he is of the royal line that he will be the key to the Last Battle. The connection itself is probably of no importance at all, apart from indicating that Rand will be the key.

I think the comment made about rand being of andors royal house is right (I'd forgtten that). I no longer think aviendha and elayne die in the last battle but something will happen to them as there both not ToM chapter court of the sun maybe following rands death at TG Elayne joins the circus while Aviendha goes tinker

Its been made quite clear that Elaida gave the foretelling before Morgase came to the throne, when Tigrane was the Daughter-Heir. The foretelling was referring to the family line of the (then) *current* Queen of Andor (and therefore Rand, NOT Elayne).

Elaida's bungling led her to attach herself to the wrong family, after the throne changed.

There is no issue with those two being dead. Elayne cannot seem to stop getting herself into stupid situations that would result in her death, so one of these times, it is bound to happen. Avienda on the other hand, you try surviving quadruplets without a cesarian.

There is no issue with those two being dead. Elayne cannot seem to stop getting herself into stupid situations that would result in her death, so one of these times, it is bound to happen. Avienda on the other hand, you try surviving quadruplets without a cesarian.

Please, Aviendha is a former Maiden and WO. She can perform the c-section by herself(with a spear or belt knife), and stitch the cut and breastfeed all four kids at the same time.

Even the DO is scared to say her name out loud. She'll survive even the Fourth Age.

Please, Aviendha is a former Maiden and WO. She can perform the c-section by herself(with a spear or belt knife), and stitch the cut and breastfeed all four kids at the same time.

Even the DO is scared to say her name out loud. She'll survive even the Fourth Age.

That would be interesting.

That would be interesting.

I wanted to explain one way of doing it, but it sounded...not cool.

Hint-using OP.

Archived