DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How will Rand's battle with Moridin go?

Dagon Thyne

It is already asssumed that one of the last battles in the series will be between Rand and Moridin. The Chosen of Light vs the N'Bliese. What will happen in this battle? I have felt, ever since the link between the two became evident, that their battle will fulfill the part of the prophecy of the dragon that says "To live, you must die". I feel that by killing Moridin, Rand will be destorying part of himself, the part that is linked to Moridin. I am unsure whether this will be physical damage, perhaps losing a leg and arm, or more intangible, such as losing his ability to channel. He kills part of himself, and the rest of him lives.

I think Rand will not confront Moridin at all. Rand will face the DO, that'll take ALL his time and energy.

Some else will need to deal with Moridin (Logain's glory?)

As much as I like Logain, he would get crushed by Moridin.

To be fair, any channeler would be crushed by Moridin, with the possible exception of the new Rand.

Logain is awesome and the best male channeler of this era not named Rand.

If it is Logain, I hope he brings an Asha'man army with him.

There might be a chance of Moridin dying before Tarmon Gaidon. Equal chance for the killer/killers being from either side.

Or perhaps Moridin being captured by Light-sided people before Tarmon Gaidon.

A set of chanellers linked might be able to face Moridin.

All Forsaken might be eliminated (killed/captured/incapipated/etc) before Tarmon Gaidon.

From a Viewing (Towers of Midnight Chapter 25), it seems Rand would face the Dark One.

To be fair, any channeler would be crushed by Moridin, with the possible exception of the new Rand.

I would say Demandred and probably Taim (due to his connection to Moridin) are better channelers than Logain, perhaps even some of Taim's Asha'man.

I would say Demandred and probably Taim (due to his connection to Moridin) are better channelers than Logain, perhaps even some of Taim's Asha'man.

I agree for Taim (though not his Ashaman), but Demandred isn't of this era. He's from the AoL.

I am going by the assumption that Taim is Moridin, if this is the case, Logain is obviously toast.

Assuming that Moridin is teaching Taim...Logain is in trouble and Taim is certainly #1 in this Age beside Rand.

(1) Assuming Taim is just another Dreadlord:

Strength wise it is unlikely he is equal to Logain...Logain is likely a bit stronger.

How strong is Logain?

KoD, he held "almost" as much saidin as Rand. This is the exact words used by Rand to describe the the strength of Dashiva/Aginor in book 7, 2nd strongest Forsaken (probably Demandred is as strong). According to Salidar AS, if only 5 held his shield Logain may have broken through.

Skill? He is one of a few mentioned who did not get hurt when Semirhage attacked. This required quickly weaving defensive and offensive weaves. He copied all of Rand's weaves, so not a slow learner.

If Logain fought Taim, it would be an interesting fight: Logain I would say is at least a little stronger, Taim a little more skilled, having wielded saidin longer. In this case, it is a toss up and would be an epic fight.

How strong is Logain?

KoD, he held "almost" as much saidin as Rand. This is the exact words used by Rand to describe the the strength of Dashiva/Aginor in book 7, 2nd strongest Forsaken (probably Demandred is as strong). According to Salidar AS, if only 5 held his shield Logain may have broken through.

In KoD Logain talks about Rand being a fair amount stronger.

Kod "Vows"

If you trying to show me your stronger than I am, I already know it. I saw how large your deathgates were compared to mine

Seems to say the weave was stronger by a good amount.

If Taim = Moridin, and Rand has dealt with the black tower when he turns up in the fields of merrilor - does this mean that Moridin is already dead? (we just haven't seen it yet) It could also mean that Cyndane got trapped in his mind after the death and has somehow bridged the connection to Rand's dreams.

I think Rand will not confront Moridin at all. Rand will face the DO, that'll take ALL his time and energy.

Some else will need to deal with Moridin (Logain's glory?)

As much as I like Logain, he would get crushed by Moridin.

And what about Logain heading a circle of women and men? (2 women will be with him for certain)

However powerful Moridin is, a combined circle is very powerful. Rand notes that a man and woman linked--a circle of two--can open a Gateway considerably larger than himself alone.

If Taim = Moridin, and Rand has dealt with the black tower when he turns up in the fields of merrilor - does this mean that Moridin is already dead? (we just haven't seen it yet)

???

Where do you get the notion that the black tower is dealt with already?

???

Where do you get the notion that the black tower is dealt with already?

Well technically, the BT timeline is a week or two behind everyone else at the end of ToM and when Naeff finally arrives there in disguise, it's most likely imo, that the battle there will be recently over or finishing up.

Just because the Dreamspike is still active the day before Rand goes to the FoM (when Naeff is sent in disguise) doesn't mean the battle there hasn't happened already. Even if the BT is "cleansed", there is still no one there, that we know of, that could go into TAR and retrieve/deactivate the Dreamspike.

Either way, we will know early the fate of the BT, BS already stated that its timeline is behind and needs to be caught up pronto before moving on to other arcs in aMoL.

I get the impression that a lot of people don't realize that Rand showed up at Merrilor at the end of the book.

Heh, I was kinda wondering that myself. It's pretty clear in Egwene's PoV, during Gawyn's reunion with his mother, that Rand had arrived.

Yeah, and he mentions it in his dream too. Nevertheless I've had to quote it for several people who refused to believe me when I said he was already there.

Yeah but that's in the Epilogue, everyone knows that nothing ever happens in the Epilogue and is hardly worth reading. It's not even a real chapter :happy:

Yeah, and he mentions it in his dream too. Nevertheless I've had to quote it for several people who refused to believe me when I said he was already there.

Yeah but that's in the Epilogue, everyone knows that nothing ever happens in the Epilogue and is hardly worth reading. It's not even a real chapter :happy:

Hahahahhahhaha. Well, everybody who "knows" this will be happy to hear that, in WoT, stuff actually happens in the epilogue!

I did miss that, though. I had to whip out my ToM and make sure.

Archived