DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Top Ten List All Time

Emperor

So list your top 10 ten favorite TV shows of all time. Lists like this are great to see if you are missing shows that you could netflix or see how other's taste differ from yours. Feel free to comment on each other's lists. I am sure I will have to update my list often if I forget a golden oldie that should have been included.

Hands down #1 for me. The best character development and plot I have ever seen in a TV series.

1. The Wire

#2 is tough but I am basing it on a show that has been around for my entire life and was my favorite show from my childhood and continues to be one I love to watch today.

2. Doctor Who

3. The West Wing

4. Firefly

5. Deadwood

6. Breaking Bad

7. The X Files

8. Battlestar Galactica

9. The Sopranos

10. Arrested Development

Honorable Mentions:

Game of Thrones - Loving it, but not sure I can call it an all time favorite so far.

Dexter - Really close to moving into top 10

The Shield - Just finished season 2 and it is very good, could move up soon.

Buffy - Considered but hard to put in top 10.

Star Trek: TNG - Love it from my childhood.

Sherlock - With only 3 stellar episodes it is hard to consider this early.

Scrubs - To bad the last two seasons ruined it.

Friends - Dramas usually beat out comedies for me.

1. Twin Peaks

2. Buffy

3. 24

4. Oz

5. Stargate SG-1

6. The L Word

7. Dr Who (current run)

8. Star Trek TNG

9. South Park

10. Sopranos

Disclaimer: Not sure if Planet Earth counts, as it is a documentary. But if it counts, it is my #1.

Disclaimer 2: I am not counting series that has only one season. Otherwise Firefly and Gaame Of Thrones would be at least considered.

1. The Wire

2. Deadwood

3. The West Wing

4. Mad Men

5. ROME

6. The Sopranos

7. Arrested Development

8. Scrubs

9. Six Feet Under (Best finale ever?)

10. Seinfeld

Lost, BSG, Buffy etc almost made the list, but their later seasons bumped them out. Sure, seasons 5-7 of West Wing aren't great, but the first four are amazing. I didn't watch the last season of Scrubs, and I don't think I ever will.

Edit: I forgot Mad Men, which bumps out The Office.

1. Lost - Despite the wonky ending, no show hooked me like it did.

2. The Office - Yes, I think the American version is much funnier than the original. It had a longer run to develepe the full cast, ie. Dwight Schrute superior to Gareth when it comes to making me laugh. I can't see it surviving now though.

3. Southpark - Consistantly funny and always relevant.

4. 24 - without 24, I wouldn't have Lost. I didn't start watching it until 5 seasons were on DVD.

5. Carnivale - So much promise that was short lived. I cancelled HBO for 8 years after it was cancelled

6. It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia - Pretty glad my friend convinced me to start watching.

7. Married With Children - It faded big time towards the end. But for a time it was the funniest show on TV.

8. Dexter - Showtime's best show.

9. Fringe - Didn't think I'd ever like a show with "Pacey" on it but its that good.

10. Battlestar Galactica - I didn't think I'd like this show, but got to watch it all on DVD after it was totally finished.

Those are my top 10 I guess. It could change. Shows I also check out pretty regularly that come close: The Venture Bros., Mash, Breaking Bad (actually just started this series, only through the first season) Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Futurama, Archer, Arrested Development, Bored to Death, True Blood, Game of Thrones (it could crack the list too), Entourage (last season was weak though), The Wire (also close to the top ten, despite the fact that I hated the last season) Sons of Anarchy (been riding bikes for years, its a guilty pleasure), I think I could go on as while it seems like there is nothing but crap on tv at any given moment, there have been a lot of show I like. There are also some shows mentioned that I just haven't got around to watching yet, though I hear good things, ie. Deadwood, Rescue Me, and The Shield.

I miss Carnivale as well, but I came into it late. I just do not think HBO promoted it properly. I generally watch ANY show that HBO or Showtime put on the tv these days, I trust them that much.

If Children's Hospital keeps me laughing it could creep up there too.

of all time you say? well see, i'd have mostly cartoons cause i've been so short lived in my 26 years for not watching shows that only air on Nick or CN :myrddraal:

1. The Real Ghostbusters.

2. TMNT (80's version)

yes i have to list these as #1 & #2. i loved these growing up and i've never gotten over them since. give me a marathon of either of these and i'm glued to the couch with a bag of chips.

3. X-Files (all but the last two seasons anyways)

4. Family Guy (cause even the re-runs of this show are better than some of the new stuff)

5. Dexter (the one on Showtime)

6. Everybody Loves Raymond

7. Tudors

8. Game of Thrones

9. Two & a Half men

10. Family Fued

my honorable mention goes out to a Soap Opera in the 80's called "Loving" which was a murder mystery my mom watched it, and i didn't understand it mostly, but i still loved it!!!

1: Ed Edd 'n' Eddy

2: Pokémon [the original ones]

3: Black Books

4: Dragonball Z

5: Father Ted

6: Family Guy

7: Top Gear

8: Two And A Half Men

9: Yu-Gi-Oh [originals]

10: Grim & Evil

Yes, I realise that a number of these are kids shows, but I was a kid not too long ago, and I grew up watching them and they have a place in my heart :biggrin:

Wow, this is harder than I thought to narrow down......

I can't really place a #1, #2, etc. So in no particular order....

1. Dungeon & Dragons (the cartoon)

2. Battlestar Galactica (the original)

3. Buck Rogers

4. Knight Rider

5. Paranoia Agent (sheer WTF'ness)

6. Robotech

7. Starblazers (aka. Battleship Yamamoto)

8. M*A*S*H*

9. Sopranos

10. True Blood

***Subject to revision as my braincells wake up****

• 1 month later...

1. M*A*S*H

2. Top Gear (UK not the crappy US knock off)

3. Three Stooges

4. Daily Show

5. Bones

6. Mushi-Shi (sucks only 26 episodes were made, but it's one of the few anime I can watch with our clawing my face wish the story line who HURRY UP already)

7. The Shield

6. SG-1

8. Seinfeld

9. House

10. How I Met Your Mother

Honorable Mentions: The Closer, Myth Busters (its has strayed to far from Adam and Jaime), Community, Cosby Show, The Office, Firefly, Bleach, Parenthood, Modern Family, Andy Griffith Show, Dick Vandyke Show.

Just based on what I've seen. I haven't experienced a lot of the classic TV shows, so this list might be a little odd.

1. Breaking Bad

2. Arrested Development

3. Doctor Who

4. Justified

5. The Office

6. Rome

7. South Park

8. Fringe

9. Parks and Recreation

10. Misfits

Something like that.

Honorable Mentions:

House

American Dad/Family Guy (they really should be in my Top Ten, but I can't place them)

Damages

Archer

1. M*A*S*H

2. Hogan's Heroes

3. Married With Children

4. Law and Order (Original Only)

5. Quantum Leap

6. Bones

7. Andy Griffith Show

8. Star Trek (Shatner Version)

9. Game of Thrones

10. Sportscenter

Honorable Mentions: Falling Skies, Threes Company, The Jeffersons, American Dad, The Simpsons (Earlier Ones), All In The Family

Archived