DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Novice!

Daruya

Hi all,

I’m a new novice in the White Tower. I’ve been reading (and re-reading . . . and re-reading) WoT for a number of years. I found the series in college at the recommendation of a design project partner, of whom I have since forgotten his name, though I can still hazily see his face.

My college roommate, who got hooked on the books along with me, and I had many a good discussion about the earlier books while in college. For a time, she even took notes and kept a notebook. Given my load of classes and design projects, I enjoyed the fruits of her labors as I didn't have time to labor on it myself! Graduation and RL then intervened and I’m not even sure she’s kept up with the series since then.

I found DM many months ago and have been reading many of the threads, mostly on the General WoT Discussion and AMoL boards. One discussion in particular made me register, though by the time I got confirmed, several other people “stole†my points and posted them under their own name! :shock:

I’ll be visiting all the ajah boards as I get a chance but will hit the Blues first as my mentor is the lovely and lively Niamh Sedai.

Oh, and I really want an awesome sig but don’t have the talent (or software) with which to make one. Well, I’m not so sure about the talent as I’ve never tried to make one with anything but a combination of Paint, Word and Microsoft Photo Editor (talk about chasing one’s tail!) but could use a nudge in the right direction for “all-in-one†software! Does anyone have any recommendations that won’t cost me an arm, a leg, and my first-born child?

In the meantime, I’ll use my poor first effort at a sig (using the aforementioned method of Paint, Word, and Microsoft Photo Editor).

Hiya Daruya!

Welcome to the Tower. Nia is a great mentor so I'm sure she'll help you get settled. Make sure to keep an eye out of the lecture hall since that's where the discussions and seminars are held for you to get points. Other than that just wander around getting to know everyone.

You've actually picked a great time to join since this week it's Novice/Aes Sedai swap week. Drop by the Greens' board here and join in :D

Hello Daruya *waves*

welcome to the land of the slightly, not so slightly and down right completely insane.

As for the siggy, I tend to smoothtalk others into doing them, as they definately do a 10000 times better job at it than I ever could.

This one I got from Jheanara.

My Band one was made by Spacey. (which you don't see on these boards, yet)

I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Still very new myself and feeling my way around, so in that we might be in the same boat. But so far, most people have shown great welcoming attitudes towards us newbs. So I'm pretty sure we'll be ok here.

That's a nice sig, Mystica! Maybe I'll ask Jhaenara about doing one for me . . . :)

(Shhhhhh . . . just don't bring it to her attention that I voted "for" her in the ongoing Hunt or she'll tell me no for sure! I just HAD to do it - she named the Great Lord :twisted: and doing so is blasphemous for loyal Friends of the Dark.)

*eyes Daruya* Yes, I noticed that vote already, then saw this thread... :evil:

Silliness aside... I actually didn't know naming Him was wrong. I haven't read the books in awhile and not all of them anyway... haha. Though you could be just saying that here to save your skin... *raises eyebrow* lol

You got Nia for a mentor? Sorry! Just kidding... she's great... and very special... in many ways... :wink:

Welcome to the WT and I'll see ya over at the Blue boards probably! :)

Yes, indeed, Lanfear herself spoke reverently of how improper it was to name the Great Lord of the Dark.

However, having noted your reasoning on the Hunt thread, I'm having second thoughts about Karana. :o Hmmmm . . . I must ponder this!

And, yes, I'll see you at the Blue boards after I get an intro knocked out for over there!

Daruya said:

Yes, indeed, Lanfear herself spoke reverently of how improper it was to name the Great Lord of the Dark.

Of course, this was the same woman who was perfectly willing to throw in with the Dragon Reborn, and betray the rest of the loyal friends of the Dark at the first opportunity. I'm not sure I'd trust her as a reference for "proper" behavior. *grins*

["Demandred Valerius"]/waves hi there,

welcome, do come by the warders yards, we have a suprise for you... <_<_>

Is that where I get thrown into the moat? :wink:

Whatever!

*does the 'whatever' sign with his hands*

Welcome to the White Tower! It's never too late to join the Dark Side and become an algai! ;)

If you don't know, an algai is the Warder equivalent of a novice.

Archived