DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is most likely to turn traitor?

Mat: A) was all "you know I wouldn't betray you right?" after that little trip through the portal stones and

B) Is married to and in love with the Seanchan Empiress who has now made it clear that she will not ally with Rand

I love him and all, but there's evidence.

Why does everyone hate Egwene so much? She has a duty to the White Tower now and from her point of view what Rand suggested truly does seem insane

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt - evidenced by his comments after travelling through the portal stones.

That is often overlooked, I think.

I think because everyone loves Mat whereas most people hate Egwene so people would prefer it to be Egwene. Though there is the foreshadowing to suggest Egwene as well. Maybe they will both betray Rand in different ways, at different times.

In Egwene's case by simply by not agreeing with Rand and going different ways at the FoM would be a betrayal if looked through at the time she was doing the Accepted test but wouldn't be now (at the time she went through the testing she was still very close to Rand and was a long way from being Amyrlin with all the attendant responsibilities that brings). So in Egwene's case this might be what happens something that no longer feels like a betrayal to Egwene the Mother but when looked at much earlier through the eyes of Egwene the novice would have felt like a betrayal.

In Mat's case I think it will be a more serious betrayal but other than the portal stones I have no real evidence for it. But it would be cool to see. I'd like to see how all the Mat worshippers take it; whether they blame Sanderson for 'wrecking' Mat or whether they blame Rand and say that he 'deserved' it. Because the way some people worship Mat is just over the top and I would like to see how these people deal with their hero being less than heroic.

Well as a Mat worshipper myself I've went through and looked at everything mat has done, said, or thought. and the only way he would betray Rand would be to the seanchan so he could save Tuon whom I think is a horrible match for mat but anyways I don't think Mat will do it at the LB but before it if it does happen to be him he cares a lot for Rand and for the good of all people however he may try to brush it off. Also I think he will end up saving Rand from Fain or Mordeth as he calls himself now how I dont know but it would have to have something to do with that dagger

Ironic, that without Narishma, Egwene would be under the influence of Aran'gar..

egwene was long gone. she was in tar valon. read the books again my friend

Ironic that without Rand, Egwene would be a damane.

rand did not save her. it was the supergirls who did it. again read the books

What makes you think Egwene will survive the LB..there is nothing AFAIK no prophecy which says that she will survive.

there is no phrophecy stating mat will survive the LB. But we do know of outrigger novels

my point is that you dont need evidence of prophesy to survive. mat is going to survive the Lb and he doesnt have one.

You may choose to believe differently but egwene will be there even after the battle is done. She's now the leader of all female aes sedai and will be one of the most powerful amyrlins ever for years to come.

my point is that you dont need evidence of prophesy to survive. mat is going to survive the Lb and he doesnt have one.

You may choose to believe differently but egwene will be there even after the battle is done. She's now the leader of all female aes sedai and will be one of the most powerful amyrlins ever for years to come.

Unless you are writing the book or have some idea about the plot..you have no way of knowing that.

Ironic, that without Narishma, Egwene would be under the influence of Aran'gar..

And she would've been back in the camp, and taken Aran'gar with her into the Tower, no? :) Fact is, had Narishma not been there, Aran'gar would still be alive and capable of killing off Egwene or compulse her into a puppet at any given time.

No, but Egwene the genius decided to throw fireballs after some Seanchan in the middle of the town, had Rand, Mat and Perrin not sounded the horn and driven the Seanchan out into the sea. Chances are that Egwene AND the 2 other supergirls would all be collared and on a boat to Seanchan.

What makes you think Egwene will survive the LB..there is nothing AFAIK no prophecy which says that she will survive.

there is no phrophecy stating mat will survive the LB. But we do know of outrigger novels

And that has what to do with Egwenes survival? :) Nothing indicates she will survive. Oh I believe she will survive, just like rest of the main cast, but there is still no guarantee that she will.

And she would've been back in the camp, and taken Aran'gar with her into the Tower, no? :) Fact is, had Narishma not been there, Aran'gar would still be alive and capable of killing off Egwene or compulse her into a puppet at any given time.

No, but Egwene the genius decided to throw fireballs after some Seanchan in the middle of the town, had Rand, Mat and Perrin not sounded the horn and driven the Seanchan out into the sea. Chances are that Egwene AND the 2 other supergirls would all be collared and on a boat to Seanchan.

And that has what to do with Egwenes survival? :) Nothing indicates she will survive. Oh I believe she will survive, just like rest of the main cast, but there is still no guarantee that she will.

Wow, who could have possibly predicted this would turn into an Egwene hate thread. I don't see how survival after the LB has anything to do with betrayal. At the moment, given Mat's relationship to Tuon, and her ACTUAL opposition to Rand, Mat would be more likely to betray than Egwene who only disagrees on a particular tactical decision Rand has failed to explain properly.

Not Egwene hate thread, just merely supporting my posts from earlier that Elan Tedronai attacked.

I don't see Mat betraying Rand, Mat states himself that he is in war with her Empire and he does not approve of her ways regarding women who can channel, I don't see him changing that view anytime soon.

Not that believe Egwene would do any outright betrayal either, I suspect Aran'gar might've put her under some sort of compulsion, but I would not hold Egwene responsible for any "betrayal" that might come of those compulsions.

Mandarb (secret Forsaken), Bela (secret channeller,and Mandarbs love interest) and Alanna (DF under Mandarbs instructions)

Mandarb is going to betray Lan at the Gap, and dstroy Lan. Mandarb is Demandred in disguise, or rather Demandred is Mandarb in disguise. Mandarb is going to betray everybody he currently has an alliance with Moridin, the current Nae'blis, and hes going to destroy Moridin and become the Nae'blis himself. using Alannas bond with the DR he will locate Rand, then a huge battle will ensue between Mandarb and The Dragon Reborn where DR will b ultimately defeated. THEN Mandarb will betray the DO and destroy him using Callandor alongside Alanna and Bela. Mandarb and Bela will then lead the new world after the LB. a new world in which horses are the rulers and they use humans for transport

Not Egwene hate thread, just merely supporting my posts from earlier that Elan Tedronai attacked.

I don't see Mat betraying Rand, Mat states himself that he is in war with her Empire and he does not approve of her ways regarding women who can channel, I don't see him changing that view anytime soon.

Not that believe Egwene would do any outright betrayal either, I suspect Aran'gar might've put her under some sort of compulsion, but I would not hold Egwene responsible for any "betrayal" that might come of those compulsions.

I don't think Mat will either. If anything I think he'll help broker the dragon's peace. But compared to Egwene, I do think mat is more likely.

Mandarb (secret Forsaken), Bela (secret channeller,and Mandarbs love interest) and Alanna (DF under Mandarbs instructions)

Mandarb is going to betray Lan at the Gap, and dstroy Lan. Mandarb is Demandred in disguise, or rather Demandred is Mandarb in disguise. Mandarb is going to betray everybody he currently has an alliance with Moridin, the current Nae'blis, and hes going to destroy Moridin and become the Nae'blis himself. using Alannas bond with the DR he will locate Rand, then a huge battle will ensue between Mandarb and The Dragon Reborn where DR will b ultimately defeated. THEN Mandarb will betray the DO and destroy him using Callandor alongside Alanna and Bela. Mandarb and Bela will then lead the new world after the LB. a new world in which horses are the rulers and they use humans for transport

That has got to be the most interesting prediction I've ever read

Archived