DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logain

CaseyWoL

Hey so I'm curious about where Logain and his three best Ashaman went off to. Not sure if this has already been discussed.

I remember thinking that they could have been sent to aid Maradon, and Logain was the leader of the Ashaman who got his leg blown off. They never revealed his name, although it seems there would be no point in hiding his identity.

Another theory is that Logain is a dark friend and he was the in the group of male channelers who blew up the wall from the Trollocs' encampment. But again, as memory serves the Saenchan chapters mentioned something about "an accident" and an explosion, so they may have been referring to their hidden involvement in that battle.

The Black Tower members would have been notified if Logain was leaving to fight Trollocs. Now Taim and many of the remaining Ashaman have become Darkfriends, so it leaves one to wonder if Logain is part of that?

He is probably preparing an assault on the BT with his AS allies and the Ashaman loyal to him. I don't want the Dragon to go clean out Taim also on his own. The rest of the characters also need their moment of glory.

If Taim is Moridin and 13x13ing the Asha'man, I don't seen how Logain and his cronnies have any hope of doing it without Rand...

If Taim is not Moridin but with the knowledge of AoL-style combat (darkfriend teaching or AoL memory-leaks) it'd still be quite the challenge. Even Logain admits Taim knows and teaches a lot to his favourites.

I suspect Logain would try and fail, and Rand will have to save him. Seems very Jordan-esk too.

If Taim is Moridin and 13x13ing the Asha'man, I don't seen how Logain and his cronnies have any hope of doing it without Rand...

If Taim is not Moridin but with the knowledge of AoL-style combat (darkfriend teaching or AoL memory-leaks) it'd still be quite the challenge. Even Logain admits Taim knows and teaches a lot to his favourites.

I suspect Logain would try and fail, and Rand will have to save him. Seems very Jordan-esk too.

And that would be sad..there is not a single male channeller other than Rand with any individual moments of glory. Min saw Logain with great glory, how glorious should it be if he needs the dragon to save his bacon.

BTW I do not think Taim is Moridin. Tain's followers are only 20-25% of the tower, you would think he can be beaten by Logain if he is not one of the forsaken.

And that would be sad..there is not a single male channeller other than Rand with any individual moments of glory. Min saw Logain with great glory, how glorious should it be if he needs the dragon to save his bacon.

BTW I do not think Taim is Moridin. Tain's followers are only 20-25% of the tower, you would think he can be beaten by Logain if he is not one of the forsaken.

I don't think he's Moridin either based on personalities, but I accept that it's possible. It's possible Logain will storm the BT and rescue the Asha'man from the scourge that is Taim. But I highly doubt he'll get a chance to fight Taim if he's not a forsaken. I think Taim will run off if there's a chance Logain will win. Pick his fight elsewhere.

I believe Logain's glory will be post-TG, as Egwene's counter-part in the Tower, so I don't require him to win too much glory in the BT. And I think Taim being stomped by Logain after building up suspense in the BT for so long would be just as lame as you think Logain losing would be. It would be similar to us finding out Demandred has done nothing the entire series after being told he's one of the most dangerous of the Chosen.

He is probably preparing an assault on the BT with his AS allies and the Ashaman loyal to him. I don't want the Dragon to go clean out Taim also on his own. The rest of the characters also need their moment of glory.

With Androl and his allies in the tower, as well as what seems to be an alliance being made with the AS, we can maybe expect some kind of flanking of Taim's forces from within the BT. If Logain attacked and things started to go south, Androl and the AS may turn the tides....

Either way it looks like however the BT's story goes down, it's going to take more than one or two chapters to conclude in MoL.

I think it is probable that logain will come back to help the black tower.

As for what he is doing right now to go about that I have no theories.

I think taim is damendred and he has been turning channelers to the shadow against their will using a circle of 13 and 13 myrdrall ( as mentioned somewhere ). This is why people at the tower that used to resist taim now support him but are not the same ( this is mentioned in the chapter(s) about the black tower late in towers of midnight). The turned people have all the same memories and same smile but supposedly you can see it in their eyes. I can't really remember which but at least one of the aes sedai in the black tower have been turned like this already.

All this is my opinion of course.

I think taim is damendred and he has been turning channelers to the shadow against their will using a circle of 13 and 13 myrdrall ( as mentioned somewhere ). This is why people at the tower that used to resist taim now support him but are not the same ( this is mentioned in the chapter(s) about the black tower late in towers of midnight). The turned people have all the same memories and same smile but supposedly you can see it in their eyes. I can't really remember which but at least one of the aes sedai in the black tower have been turned like this already.

Taim is not Demandred. RJ said so. Numerous times.

Just became aware of that. Thank you. Just found this site today. I have only read the books not researched elsewhere.

The theory of Logain being a darkfriend was discussed in past threads.

Arangar wanting him re-gentled or dead seems to be an indicator against that.

Also Egwene's & Siuan's aid in his escape.

Demandred might have been one person behind the forced turnings to the Shadow. Not sure if Taim was a participant and/or a victim.

Taim I take to be a Third Age channeler. Not any of the Forsaken nor a Legends Age channeler. Not sure about him being trained by any Forsaken.

Just became aware of that. Thank you. Just found this site today. I have only read the books not researched elsewhere.

No problem. Most people (including me) thought the same thing at one point or another.

No problem. Most people (including me) thought the same thing at one point or another.

Ditto, and a Friend of mine just finished reading LoC and the first thing she says to me is "I think Taim is Demandred" I'll let her down easily when she gets to WH, which is around when RJ killed the theory I believe.

However, and I include myself in this, people around here will be testy with you if you suggest things like this, just because there are some who, despite knowing about the undeniable counter evidence, continue to push theories like that. So you just need to shrug off our frustration and keep theorizing.

However, and I include myself in this, people around here will be testy with you if you suggest things like this, just because there are some who, despite knowing about the undeniable counter evidence, continue to push theories like that. So you just need to shrug off our frustration and keep theorizing.

Agree with that, we never suspected some of the AS as being Black Ajah as it seemed they were some of the Tower's strongest supporters. Then Verin revealed she was and it was like whaaaaaaat. Who was the other one, again? Leane, Lillian, or something? Egwene's Keeper. Never thought she'd be one, and bam, the chopping block. You never know what twists and turns are going to show up.

What have been "grinding my gear" about Logain is the scene when he and Rand fight off a bunch f enemies a while back. Rand use Deathgates and those Fire Blossoms (or whatever they are called), and if I recall correctly, Logain know the names of these things. So either they have been taught this in the Tower, while Rand just picked it out of his head (thanks to his LTT-voice), or Logain also know some extra things.

Agree with that, we never suspected some of the AS as being Black Ajah as it seemed they were some of the Tower's strongest supporters. Then Verin revealed she was and it was like whaaaaaaat. Who was the other one, again? Leane, Lillian, or something? Egwene's Keeper. Never thought she'd be one, and bam, the chopping block. You never know what twists and turns are going to show up.

Sheriam was Egwene's Keeper and yes a Black. Leane was Siuan's Keeper.

What have been "grinding my gear" about Logain is the scene when he and Rand fight off a bunch f enemies a while back. Rand use Deathgates and those Fire Blossoms (or whatever they are called), and if I recall correctly, Logain know the names of these things. So either they have been taught this in the Tower, while Rand just picked it out of his head (thanks to his LTT-voice), or Logain also know some extra things.

IIRC (not having the books at hand) Rand mentioned the Deathgates, after which Logain asked him whether he was intending to teach the weaves only to a select few, the way Taim had been doing in the BT.

As for Taim vs Logain or Rand, I'd quite appreciate it if Logain got to deal with Taim. It would be a nice ending to a very underplayed rivalry.

Taim must be the highest ranking darkfriend around if he is not a forsaken.

From the looks of it he has done more productive work than any of the forsaken. He has gathered how many channelers to the shadow? He certainly sowed chaos and confusion much better than most. Now he has a dream spike.

His competence (to me) demands that he is more than just a friend of the dark. If he is just another darkfriend then maybe next time round he will be a forsaken?

I sure hope we learn more about him before he dies(hopefully by Logain's hand).

IIRC (not having the books at hand) Rand mentioned the Deathgates, after which Logain asked him whether he was intending to teach the weaves only to a select few, the way Taim had been doing in the BT.

As for Taim vs Logain or Rand, I'd quite appreciate it if Logain got to deal with Taim. It would be a nice ending to a very underplayed rivalry.

I can't claim to recall the scene exactly, but I believe Rand told him they were called Deathgates. I don't remember him explaining what the names of the Fire Blossoms were though. He may have been mumbling out loud and could have said the names of the weaves since Lews Therin was essentially running the show during that battle.

Logain saw and copied the weaves although his versions were smaller. My memory could be faulty on this, I'm not sure.

I have to say that Logain is one of my favorite characters, even though he hasn't gotten much time on center stage. I just related to him for some reason and I like the way he goes about his business. I also feel he is an honorable man. A big BT battle with the forces of Logain going against Taim and co. would be fantastic. I don't see how this would occur if Rand doesn't give him permission or asks him to go though.

Archived