DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Logain

CaseyWoL

What have been "grinding my gear" about Logain is the scene when he and Rand fight off a bunch f enemies a while back. Rand use Deathgates and those Fire Blossoms (or whatever they are called), and if I recall correctly, Logain know the names of these things. So either they have been taught this in the Tower, while Rand just picked it out of his head (thanks to his LTT-voice), or Logain also know some extra things.

IIRC (not having the books at hand) Rand mentioned the Deathgates, after which Logain asked him whether he was intending to teach the weaves only to a select few, the way Taim had been doing in the BT.

As for Taim vs Logain or Rand, I'd quite appreciate it if Logain got to deal with Taim. It would be a nice ending to a very underplayed rivalry.

I can't claim to recall the scene exactly, but I believe Rand told him they were called Deathgates. I don't remember him explaining what the names of the Fire Blossoms were though. He may have been mumbling out loud and could have said the names of the weaves since Lews Therin was essentially running the show during that battle.

Logain saw and copied the weaves although his versions were smaller. My memory could be faulty on this, I'm not sure.

I have to say that Logain is one of my favorite characters, even though he hasn't gotten much time on center stage. I just related to him for some reason and I like the way he goes about his business. I also feel he is an honorable man. A big BT battle with the forces of Logain going against Taim and co. would be fantastic. I don't see how this would occur if Rand doesn't give him permission or asks him to go though.

Ahhh so I managed to get the order of that mixed up? Was pretty sure Logain knew the names before Rand had said anything but what you say could very well be the case.

the destruction of the BT should be one the most enjoyable scenes in the next book. I hated the BT the moment tarna was turned. She is a character i liked.

About time the aes sedai and the good ashaman cleaned up that cesspit. Long overdue.

Anything at the BT will be lead by Asha'man with the AS probably acting as batteries for them.

It is pretty clear that the AS are no match for the Asha'man in battle...the difference in OP strength being the same as the difference in physical strength between the genders.

As for Taim vs Logain or Rand, I'd quite appreciate it if Logain got to deal with Taim. It would be a nice ending to a very underplayed rivalry.

I have a feeling Logain will be the one to do it if it comes to a good old-fashioned brawl like that, simply because Rand is too powerful and has bigger promblems to deal with.

I think you underestimate Ta-eem. Or more likely, over estimate Rand. I think Taim would crush Logain 1 on 1 with the wave of his hand. From what we've been led to believe Taim knows much more than Logain does when it comes to the OP. And as Rand has demonstrated, knowledge is power when it comes to the OP.

The argument I might buy is if Logain does gather ALL the non 13x13ed (for lack of better explanation for eyes atm) and DF Asha'man he might overpower Taim's cronies. But then I find it hard to believe Taim would dive into such a fray and risk himself. He's seems somewhat forsaken-ish in that way.

the destruction of the BT should be one the most enjoyable scenes in the next book. I hated the BT the moment tarna was turned. She is a character i liked.

About time the aes sedai and the good ashaman cleaned up that cesspit. Long overdue.

If the BT is destroyed it's going to be good and bad. The darkfriends need to clear out, yeah, but I've always liked the idea of a "man's club" instead of all this female superiority stuff haha. The Ashaman have really clear objectives and stay out of other people's business, but the AS tend to want to control everybody instead of just doing their own thing.

I would like to see the BT turn into a combination of both the Tower's strong points. Lead by good rules and principles--not hell bent on destruction, but serving mankind by getting things done. Not being knee deep in politics or reserving their power 90% of the time.

If the BT is destroyed it's going to be good and bad. The darkfriends need to clear out, yeah, but I've always liked the idea of a "man's club" instead of all this female superiority stuff haha. The Ashaman have really clear objectives and stay out of other people's business, but the AS tend to want to control everybody instead of just doing their own thing.

I would like to see the BT turn into a combination of both the Tower's strong points. Lead by good rules and principles--not hell bent on destruction, but serving mankind by getting things done. Not being knee deep in politics or reserving their power 90% of the time.

The black tower is a weapon to be pointed. Rand's realization and message of the contrary will be the undoing of the BT as much as whatever action is taken against Taim. I'd bet there will be a welcoming of men back into the Aes Sedai. While men will likely have their own Ajah(s), and there may be some power sharing between Egwene and Logain, it will be one organization of both genders.

What bothers me about Logain is how did he manage to stay sane after using the power for so long while it was tainted. sorry if this is answered in the books and i missed it :biggrin:

Six years, with one spent gentled... the Taint takes different amounts of time to work with different people--some fall after a day or two, some last years. Logain lasted years.

Maybe he is mad? Maybe he hears howling darkhounds or a laughing trollock or maybe he constantly sees birds falling out of the sky. Logain could just be ignoring his madness.

The black tower is a weapon to be pointed. Rand's realization and message of the contrary will be the undoing of the BT as much as whatever action is taken against Taim. I'd bet there will be a welcoming of men back into the Aes Sedai. While men will likely have their own Ajah(s), and there may be some power sharing between Egwene and Logain, it will be one organization of both genders.

As long as the female AS stranglehold on power is smashed..I don't care what happens to the BT.

A unification would be refreshing, but if that doesn't happen I'd still like to see the BT become more than just a "weapon" on its own.

Archived