DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The 3rd Prequel

NitroS

What do you think would have caused moraine to go to the two rivers? really hope BS gets approved to write this would love to see siuan becoming amyrlin (sp). (which is probably what lead to moraine being allowed back in the tower after running away from the aes sedai's plans.

As I understand it, New Spring was the first of what was intended to be three prequel novels. I have no idea what the other two were, but if I could make a wish and hope for some specific stories, I'd want Tam's story of the Aiel war and I'd want Shaiel's story. Hopefully, Verin would show up in both.

I seem to recall it being stated (someplace, sometime), that the other two prequels would be Tam's story of leaving the Two Rivers and returning with wife and Child, and another One about Moiraine/Lan right up to the moment when they realize where they should look for the DR. I also sincerely hope they do get written, but to be honest, I don't really think they will.

i really hope they get written, and if not, atleast get told in some way what happened with tam and morraine. Like i really want to know what happened when tam found rand and how did morraine know where to look for rand in the two rivers.. (and some of the stuff where it says that morraine has been in consirdable danger in the 20 years from newspring...)

It would just be soo gutting if we didn't get told the story in ane shape or form.. :sad:

I would love it if they get written. To know how Moiraine and Lan knew to come to the Two Rivers would be another piece of the puzzle and it would really strengthen the foundation of tEotW as well (to a certain extent), IMO.

One thing that I've found interesting in rereading the series is trying to picture how Moiraine and Lan looked at Rand and the other Two Rivers folk. When she sees Rand, and Mat and Perrin for the first time, does she assume that Rand is likely to be the one she's been searching for (based on his obvious differences in appearance from the others marking him as an outsider)? Is she surprised by his attitude and demeanor, was she expecting him to be something else? Was there relief and a sense of accomplishment at having finally found him, and how was that balanced by apprehension at knowing her true task was just beginning?

boring. couldnt care less about tam al thor or moraine. now AOL books could be interesting

This. Of course it will never happen but to read about Moiraine and Tam isnt something Im much interested in to be honest. I avoided reading New Spring for the same reason. That was written so it could be your first WoT book, which inevitably means no major puzzle pieces are going to be in there, otherwise it would be book 1 and not a prequel.

How would Moiraine have known to go to Two Rivers? I would guess she spent 20 years searching elsewhere.

Interesting and boring both depend entirely on the person's perspective.

To me anything can be made interesting.

What do you think would have caused moraine to go to the two rivers? really hope BS gets approved to write this would love to see siuan becoming amyrlin (sp). (which is probably what lead to moraine being allowed back in the tower after running away from the aes sedai's plans.

There is a mention in NS about Tam finding a baby. It's just one line, but "the two rivers" is in Mo's book she carries.

Mo also says later in the series she didn't know which of the 3 it was, but knew she was close when all three had "namedays" close to each other. She even berates herself for not picking up on Rand healing Bela and his horse on the way out of Edmond's field.

B.

There is a mention in NS about Tam finding a baby. It's just one line, but "the two rivers" is in Mo's book she carries.

Not quite. There's a mention of Tam Al'Thor, wife Kari, resigned from his post. She specifically mentions that those two could be anywhere in Randland by then (or was that Andor? Yes, I think she said Andor). And she didn't know the baby wasn't theirs.

BTW the line was cut in the novel edition, it's only mentioned in Legends.

if the books keep making money, they will keep being written. maybe not by the current team, but they'll be written, sooner or later.

That is up to Harriet and she seems pretty intent on protecting RJ's legacy. RJ was very reluctant to let anyone else write in his world and only relented in the end. I doubt she needs the money (just a guess) and I would very much doubt that these books will be written unless its by Brandon.

i don't think vc andrews or frank herbert got much say in it. the legalities of these things can be weird and obscure. but i hope you're right. fingers crossed.

My understanding is that Harriet completely controls the rights. Perhaps whoever takes care of Frank Herbert's estate (is he dead?) had different views on it, particularly since isn't it his kid who rights a bunch of the new books? I would imagine that Harriet will receive pressure from TOR to produce more, since they'll want to make money even if Harriet doesn't need to. But I just don't think monetary reasons would play into her decision.

Archived