DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

red-veiled aiel .. maybe three gholam

Samborob

well ive never seen anyone ask this or throw it out there. but i was wondering if anyone has come to the idea that the three aeil we see at the end of TOM are actually three of the remaining gholam created by AGinor. because if they are the light side is in for a hell of a trip trying to kill them. please enlighten me

There are six all together. Three male and three female. The guy attacked by the Red Veils identifies them as men and he makes it clear he's familiar enough with Aiel to recognize what would appear to be a Maiden of the Spear.

well i just reread the paragraphs on it and there is no mention of any maidens of the spear . but i now believe u are correct thre were only three males made and one is gone so obviously they couldnt be 3 otehr male gholam so i am wrong. i had forgotten they werent all males. thanks guess they really are an unknown

If we weren't on the last book I may entertain this thought I guess, however with the end in sight and so many other things to cover before its done (Not sure how it'll be done effectively in one book as it is) throwing a few more gholams into the mix will be too much.

Any way that they may be killed off would have to be so fast that the gholam would no longer feel like a worthy adversary (Think last season of Buffy where they fear one uber vamp forever, then in the finale every man and their dog can kill the buggers). Such an effect would not only diminish the aura of the gholams but whoever defeats them

no actually there were six as stated somewhere i know for sure . i will have to find the quote from graendal i think in lord of chaos when it first shows up or maybe crown of swords

Elan be right. Mat lectures in ACOS (by skimming of Birgitte's memories) that six had been stashed in a stasis box. I thought Elan's theory was pretty farfetched upon first glance...now, it really doesn't seem that ridiculous. I'm usually pretty conservative in what theories I will judge as credible, but I actually reall like this one, upon further reflection.

- Fish

I doubt that Aiel Dreadlords would kill with a weapon when they have the OP. Personally I think they are either Sharans or Fain infected Aiel with superspeed and catlike reflexes!:D Ofcourse Gawyn will dispose of them carrying his rings and dying in the process. Egwene will try to save him but will (hopefully) be too late because the white tower came first.:)

I assumed they were dark friends from the guys reaction, could they be some of the young Aiel channelers that went off to the blight?

Are they Aiel Dreadlords?

That's a normal assumption. A more stretched one is Shara/ LOMM. Gholams+ Minder is much more entertaining,

I doubt that Aiel Dreadlords would kill with a weapon when they have the OP.

Tell that to Rand, Be'lal, etc.

Rand had that whole taint thing going against him and now the desire to draw on the TP while Be'lal was caught monologuing (reminds me of Incredibles) because of his superiority complex.

Plus Rand and Be´lal were nearly untouchable. Rand Answering to nobody and Be´lal only to the DO, they are used to do things their way. The 3 red veiled though... They probably have orders, a number of people ranking way above them, seems doubtful they would go using knifes against SOMEONE NEAR THE BLIGHT IN TIME OF WAR, if they could use the OP.

Plus Rand and Be´lal were nearly untouchable. Rand Answering to nobody and Be´lal only to the DO, they are used to do things their way. The 3 red veiled though... They probably have orders, a number of people ranking way above them, seems doubtful they would go using knifes against SOMEONE NEAR THE BLIGHT IN TIME OF WAR, if they could use the OP.

depends, if they are suffering channelling fatigue they would. Or if they truly enjoyed killing and seeing terror in a persons face they would do it with a knife

Are they not mentioned to be empty and glassy eyed?

What else do we know with dead / glassy eyes? Forced conversion to the shadow? Fain's Zombie army?

There are six all together. Three male and three female. The guy attacked by the Red Veils identifies them as men and he makes it clear he's familiar enough with Aiel to recognize what would appear to be a Maiden of the Spear.

Ehhm, are the Maidens not all women? He is both a man and a Maiden?

if not, I just thought about that Aiel woman who fall off in the Skimming dimension.

Or, was there not an Aiel who vanished in the Ways somewhere? Then coming through the Ways to attack (I just assumed that this was the PoV of one of the Caemlyn defenders but I might be wrong)

No they are described as "The Aiel's dark eyes were glassy and hard". Dark eyes would indicate something being off as all Aiel have lighter colored eyes.

The guy attacked by the Red Veils identifies them as men and he makes it clear he's familiar enough with Aiel to recognize what would appear to be a Maiden of the Spear.

There is zero mention of Maidens in the passage whatsoever.

No they are described as "The Aiel's dark eyes were glassy and hard". Dark eyes would indicate something being off as all Aiel have lighter colored eyes.

The guy attacked by the Red Veils identifies them as men and he makes it clear he's familiar enough with Aiel to recognize what would appear to be a Maiden of the Spear.

There is zero mention of Maidens in the passage whatsoever.

Good catch on the dark eyes since it's pointed out at least..... umm, twice in the whole series that Aiel don't have dark eyes (Aviendha when commenting on being called a 'black-eyed Aiel', and the Aes Sedai chick who was stabbed by (presumably) Hanlon's thugs disguised as Aiel who noted they had dark eyes).

The guy attacked by the Red Veils identifies them as men and he makes it clear he's familiar enough with Aiel to recognise if one of them had been a Maiden of the Spear.

Fixed. :)

There were only three male gholam made. Including the one Mat disposed of, that would be one too many.

It's possible Aginor created more. I don't think he did, though.

When I read the title, at first I read it as "red-veiled Aiel...maybe three grolm"

I almost face-palmed until I re-read it. :biggrin:

Ditto :D

The sharp teeth implies that they are either not human [shadowspawn or hybrids] or part of some culture we don't know about [i.e. sharans] that thinks sharp teeth are totally awesome. I think the latter because...well i just don't see aginor having the time to continue his experiments.

They could be Fain's weirdos, but he usually sticks close to them and isn't he heading to Shayul Ghul? Whereas these guys were found on the border.

if not, I just thought about that Aiel woman who fall off in the Skimming dimension.

Or, was there not an Aiel who vanished in the Ways somewhere? Then coming through the Ways to attack (I just assumed that this was the PoV of one of the Caemlyn defenders but I might be wrong)

I probably could have phrased that better. My Maiden of the Spear comment was just to say that the man attacked was familiar enough with Aiel to differentiate between men and women Aiel warriors. That he failed to identify any of them as a woman rules out the possibility of them being gholam, as I mentioned before, that would be one too many male gholams.

Of course, I admit it's rather flimsy as the cadin'sor is bulky and that they were wearing veils would make it quite understandable if he were simply mistaken about the sex of one or two of the red veils.

I probably could have phrased that better. My Maiden of the Spear comment was just to say that the man attacked was familiar enough with Aiel to differentiate between men and women Aiel warriors. That he failed to identify any of them as a woman rules out the possibility of them being gholam, as I mentioned before, that would be one too many male gholams.

Of course, I admit it's rather flimsy as the cadin'sor is bulky and that they were wearing veils would make it quite understandable if he were simply mistaken about the sex of one or two of the red veils.

No I think that is a good point, he is very clear that it is men approaching....

Archived