DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

red-veiled aiel .. maybe three gholam

Samborob

Also, assuming they ARE gholam, pulling a knife is nowhere near gholam MO. Look at Lopin, Tylin, and Nalesean. They are described as "torn" and "ripped". The gholam we are familiar with kills with his bare hands. We have no reason to believe that the others are any different. They don't need knives.

On another note altogether, has the same gholam been chasing Mat the whole time? Was there only one gholam chasing him? (IE, two+ different Forsaken independently find two+ different gholam, and independently sic them on Mat, both with orders to stay out of sight) I have no real evidence for this, except for the whole "everyone would be a lot more effective if they talked to each other" theme all over the books.

Also, assuming they ARE gholam, pulling a knife is nowhere near gholam MO. Look at Lopin, Tylin, and Nalesean. They are described as "torn" and "ripped". The gholam we are familiar with kills with his bare hands. We have no reason to believe that the others are any different. They don't need knives.

On another note altogether, has the same gholam been chasing Mat the whole time? Was there only one gholam chasing him? (IE, two+ different Forsaken independently find two+ different gholam, and independently sic them on Mat, both with orders to stay out of sight) I have no real evidence for this, except for the whole "everyone would be a lot more effective if they talked to each other" theme all over the books.

there was only one gholam chasing Mat. It had a scar on its face from the last encounter with Mat (ToM, Ch 9). A more interesting question is who was controlling the gholam after Sammael died. I believe it was Moridin as he (and his minion Moggy) were involved with the same group (Ispan, Falion and co) that had the gholam with them during the confrontation in Rahad.

Archived