DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's Women

AmusableAlias

I see it as this:

Elayne wouldn't be bad to be with for a couple of weeks until she drove you nuts no matter how pretty she is.

Avi would be a one time thing because she may kill you for something you didnt know you did, so get out soon.

Min is someone to have a relationship with, everything about her seems warm and attractive.

just my opinion

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, let me ask you this. What do you have to say about Min pretending that she wears tight pants because she's like one of the boys (when it's quite clear she knows she looks cute in them)? Endearing or hypocritical (or both)?

I seem to remember when we first met Min that she wore pants. It was part of who she was, and they are darn practical, I never saw it as she being one of the boys. Now she wears them because she knows Rand likes the look, so it´s two stones.

But on the other hand hasn´t she expressed that she is starting to like wearing skirts too. People change .

Okay, let me ask you this. What do you have to say about Min pretending that she wears tight pants because she's like one of the boys (when it's quite clear she knows she looks cute in them)? Endearing or hypocritical (or both)?

I seem to remember when we first met Min that she wore pants. It was part of who she was, and they are darn practical, I never saw it as she being one of the boys. Now she wears them because she knows Rand likes the look, so it´s two stones.

But on the other hand hasn´t she expressed that she is starting to like wearing skirts too. People change .

I think both Min and Avi have the same grudging attitude about dresses, that they are "pretty and okay to wear sometimes", Min seems more likely to say it than Avi though.

A.

I am pretty sure Min still hates dresses, only wore them when forced to when she was Elmindreda in the Tower, and never again.

I was a bit disappointed she got all that interested in pretty clothes and fashions since LoC though. I've had enough of clothing descriptions and ruminations on fashion with the other women in the cast. Besides after all her talk in the early books that she won't change for a man, including the way she dresses, she did exactly that once she got close to Rand again. Though given that the man she loves happens to be extremely handsome and ruler of half the world, I can't really blame for using everything at her disposal to attract him.

Though given that the man she loves happens to be extremely handsome and ruler of half the world, I can't really blame for using everything at her disposal to attract him.

And the fact Rand is one of the strongest ta´veren might influence some things to his advantage.

I actually don't remember Min warming up to dresses (she did fantasize about Rand seeing her in one, but as far as I remember that was all), but to all of you guys praising her practicality, the breeches she wears are really tight. You won't convince me that they're comfortable. She didn't use to wear them working the stables, that's for sure. Also, living in a city, why are trousers more practical than skirts?

Well, if you plan on riding horses then yes, you'll have to wear divided skirts. That's not so bad though. And why would a skirt restrict your movement? I'm really asking here - never wore one myself :smile:

BTW have you ever tried running in tight jeans?

Jordan would be proud. We are discussing women clothing :rolleyes:

Does it ever say that Min´s pants are THAT tight? I always pictured them fitting like modern day jeans, abit tight and fit to show some curves but still pants you could run in and breathe with.

lol.. and the headline topic should be. Rand´s women- put yourself in their clothes

I'm about a quarter way through LoC but there are some things I have been pondering since FoH.

So I pieced together that Aviendha is the 3rd women in Min's viewing after there spontaneous night in the middle of the Seachan arctic.

So I'm going out on limb and I'm pretty sure he going to get hitched to Aviendha because he already talked about marrying here (no spoilers please!)

but out of the 3 women If i were rand I'd pick Min.

She not afraid to love Rand (anymore..) like Aviendha and she isn't so needy that she asks other women to hawk over him like a guard dog like Elayne.

Don't get me wrong they are both awesome characters but I still like Min. I'd pick someone who is laid back as Min. But the Aiel are complex culture that I don't completely understand (yet...) and Elayne is royalty and if I were Rand I tried to forget I was the dragon reborn as soon as the last battle endedc(assuming I survive) and build a farm hidden away in the Two rivers with someone who isn't Aiel or the future Queen of Andor aka. Min Farshaw.

Post your opinions on Rand's Ladies and who you would choose and why?

Summary for me

= Min. Not royalty, not Aiel. A fun and enjoyable character who only wants a simple life.

I haven't read any book after WH yet so maybe you people could all correct me, but I've got such an idea: just as Rand needs other ta'verens he may need those 3 girls too? I mean, you remember Min's vision and Nicola's prophecy (sorry, but it's in LoC so I hope it's not such a spoiler): the boat, dead Rand and Min, Avi and Elayne with him (my days, it's like King Arthur and Morgaine in the boat, floating on the waters of Avalon. Definetely Arthurian motif, very nice)? Kinda mistery to me... or just a funeral rite maybe. Still moving though.

It seems thus they will go on being a big, happy family... Otherwise, I'd pick Min, like almost all of you. But, actually, Elayne is always busy; I don't know if it is so with Avi, after WH, but anyway: only Min accompanies Rand all the time. So I believe Rand will manage with all 3 of them... until TG at least.

i don't think the pants are denim (i can't be sure, because i stop paying attention to the clothes portions of the books), which is difficult to run in if off-the-rack tight. i think they're well tailored, because she can afford it, and look tighter than they really are. skirts are a pain. seriously. i had to wear them for 10 years of school, and i never will again if i can help it. in the winter most of us wore rolled up jeans under our skirts just to keep from freezing wating for the bus. i'd go on but it's giving me flashbacks.

and yeah, i think rand needs the three girls.

Cindy:

I didn´t mean the actual fabric was denim, just that the look of them was more to somewhat tight jeans or maybe leggings. Leggings can be tight but still comfy and I think Min is all about comfort. And why isn´t there a smiley-Min.. she is feeling left out.

sorry, LP, i was replying to what yoniy0 said, about the tight jeans. i should use the quote thing more than i do, but i can't stand it when the whole board's covered by huge swaths of quotes within quotes within quotes, so i tend to leave them out even when they'd be useful.

what i did say is actually in agreement with what you are saying - i don't think running in the kinds of pants min wears would be uncomfortable, like running in tight jeans would.

and lord, please let that be the last thing i say about clothes for many a long year.

i was replying to what yoniy0 said, about the tight jeans. i should use the quote thing more than i do, but i can't stand it when the whole board's covered by huge swaths of quotes within quotes within quotes, so i tend to leave them out even when they'd be useful.

Fun fact: when you quote someone's post they can have the boards notify them of it. I personally use that feature and find it very useful. Yet, I agree that people should practice more discretion when quoting long posts; that's what trimming is for.

And Feral, Avi loves Rand just as much as Min does, but as stated in TGS I believe, she doesn't want to enter the relationship fully as an inferrior, so she holds herself apart until she becomes a WO.

Rand holds more titles than anyone on the continent since Hawkwing, he's one of very few people alive who've fought and defeated multiple Forsaken, he's stronger in the One Power than anyone else alive and there's only one or two people alive who can rival him in skill, he's one hand short of being the second best blademaster alive, he's can play the Game of Houses better than the Amyrlin Seat and the Hall of the White Tower. He's a warrior, scholar, diplomat, leader, and walking WOMD almost without compare in each category - and no one on the side of the Light* comes close in multiple categories. Also, his is the soul chosen to bring balance back to the world and save it from the Dark One.

I get what Aviendha is after, but at the end of the day... she's not really going to be any more equal when she's got her official Wise One status.

Exactly what I've always thought when reading Av's PoVs. Aside from that, I believe if she really loved him she should stuff her pride and enjoy as much time with him as possible even if she had to do it on her belly like a worm. Seriously he could be dead in a few months and she phaffs around running after Elayne then sorting seeds or whatever for the WOs?

Rand should keep Min and Avi. Speaking of women, do you think some other girl/woman in the books would be suitable girlfriend material for Rand. I´m thinking but I don´t have any suggestions right now.

How about guys.. if Rand was gay he would date Logain. A good man with great glory for the Dragon Reborn. And Logain can channel so he would understand Rand and his problems with saidin. Any other suggestions for guys? :smile:

Rand :rand: and Lan :lan: ? O dear...

No, not Rand and Lan. Lan is too serious and stonefaced for that. Maybe when he was Dark Rand, but now that he is Rand Sedai he needs a more mellow, funloving dude. Logain and Rand would be a match made in heaven I think =)

Both are channelers, they are gonna live long, Rand is the Dragon Reborn, and Logain will have huge glory to come... maybe cause he is bf to Rand, who knows :blink:

Another guy... hmm I dk. Maybe he could find a nice aiel-man =)

But tbh there was always a thing between Rand and Moridin, lol.

I'm re-rading aCoS and don't know anything about Rand or Logain after WH but I can't wait for their meeting. And I'd agree with you but there was such a disturbing dream Egwene once had: laughing Logain crossing dead Rand's body to stand on the black rock. It doesn't seem very... loving :happy:

By the way, could sombody be so kind to explain to me some abbreviations, please, because I'm confused: PoV (and Av's PoV), VoG, IMO? Are there any other (besides the simple ones, like DO, AS, WO, BT) often used?

I'm re-rading aCoS and don't know anything about Rand or Logain after WH but I can't wait for their meeting. And I'd agree with you but there was such a disturbing dream Egwene once had: laughing Logain crossing dead Rand's body to stand on the black rock. It doesn't seem very... loving :happy:

By the way, could sombody be so kind to explain to me some abbreviations, please, because I'm confused: PoV (and Av's PoV), VoG, IMO? Are there any other (besides the simple ones, like DO, AS, WO, BT) often used?

Welcome to the boards. A few of the abbreviations:

POV - point of view

VoG - Veins of Gold

IMO - not Wheel of Time (WoT) specific - means in my opinion

There is a pinned thread at the top of the forums that has a list of most of the abbreviations. The books are almost always abbreviated (tEotW, tGH, tDR, tSR, etc.) as well as some of the others you mentioned above.

Point of view, Aviendha's point of view, Veins of Gold(very important chapter at the end of tGS(the Gathering Storm)), in my opinion. There are often abbreviations for book names.

EDIT: Damn it Grayson!!

Archived