DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's Women

AmusableAlias

I don't get you guys. You think that having three women is a good thing? I haven't known anybody who can handle more than one, and why would anyone want to?

"A supposedly true story.

---

One day the President and Mrs. Coolidge were visiting a government farm. Soon after their arrival they were taken off on separate tours. When Mrs. Coolidge passed the chicken pens she paused to ask the man in charge if the rooster copulates more than once each day.

"Dozens of times," was the reply.

"Please tell that to the President," Mrs. Coolidge requested.

When the President passed the pens and was told about the roosters, he asked, "Same hen every time?"

"Oh no, Mr. President, a different one each time."

The President nodded slowly, then said, "Tell that to Mrs. Coolidge."

"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rand is like Charlie Sheen, he's Winning!!!

Light! Rand is nothing like Charlie Sheen. You don´t see him puffing on some Avendesora leaves or drinking too much oosquai. I must say I´m surprised though. I thought people didn´t like Min and that she was only a way for Rand to have sex, and that she isn´t a character on her own and so on.

What made you think that Min was not a character on her own? Min isn't a hooker, so why would you think her so? Sheen and Rand do share insanity. lol

Out of the three woman I like Aviendha the best, but I would choose Min for Rand. She been there for him physically and mentally

Snotty Daughter-Heir needs spanking and I doubt Rand would do that.

Ah, but we don't know what she likes between the sheets, she could well like it a little rough :wink:

And Feral, Avi loves Rand just as much as Min does, but as stated in TGS I believe, she doesn't want to enter the relationship fully as an inferrior, so she holds herself apart until she becomes a WO.

"Avi gets back from Rhuidean and walks upto Rand, grabbing him by the scruff of the neck, drags him into the nearest bedroom while shouting" Now you're gunna find out what a Wise One can do, Wetlander! "Amys and Sorilea laugh and give each other a knowing wink while leading Min away to drink ALOT of oosaqui"

A.

What made you think that Min was not a character on her own? Min isn't a hooker, so why would you think her so? Sheen and Rand do share insanity. lol

Lol you. I know Min isn´t a hooker. I´ve just read some threads on this forum that expressed that view of Min. They went something like this. Elayne :elayne: has her queendom to rule and Avi :avi: has some grand destiny to fulfill for the Aiel and she is a Wise One... But Min doesn´t have something outside of herself cause the viewings she sees are meant to happen, yada yada, she is only there as a desired object for Rand and therefor is meh. I disagree though. She was there as an anchor to his humanity and also I think her and Rands relationship was the most realistic one.

Aliriel: I highly doubt Elayne likes it rough. She is too stuck-up for that. I think Min would like it though lol. And Avi could dominate Rand. Elayne could be Rands footstool or something. Or his damane! :seanchan:

Rand is like Charlie Sheen, he's Winning!!! Why would he choose between them :P

Blood and Bloody ashes...a Charlie Sheen joke..The last battle is here time to support Rand as Charlie Sheen

some similarities between the two.

Charlie Sheen said he isn't bi-polar he is bi-winning! Rand said he isn't LT but he uses his Lt personality to win all the Battles he is in hence he is Bi-Winning!

Charlie Sheen said he has Tiger blood and is a powerful warlock. Rand also has blood that he didn't know he had to begin with hence Aiel blood..and If you think about it the Aiel are exotic and usually killed and bragged about(if your lucky enough to kill them first)so Aiel blood could be tiger blood and he channel the one power because he is the dragon reborn..so one could conclude he is a type of warlock.

Charlie Sheen goes hard and smokes 7 gram rocks because he is Hardcore. Rand smokes bloody casks of two river's tabac whenever he is being a warlock and bi-winning. So if you think about it while reading the books EVERYONE wants two rivers tabac it's the best stuff and hard to get and expensive and i guess if your a drug user(which I am not and don't support) i guess its like cocaine for Randland.

Charlie Sheen said he has fire breathing fists. Rand shoots baelfire out of his hands.

CHARLIE cough I mean RAND is gunna win the last battle!

I'd pick Elayne. Rich, hot, will stay youthful and beautiful for centuries - yeah, I am too shallow. OK, not really, I like her personality too, as amazing as this may sounds to most here.

I guess I am masochist according to this board, where she's considered some sort of a monster and Min is the perfect girlfriend. ;)

I can't stand Elayne, or people who like her.

What that directed at me?

:tongue:

I don't get you guys. You think that having three women is a good thing? I haven't known anybody who can handle more than one, and why would anyone want to?

Hahaha, I think you misquoted me :biggrin: .

And yes, having more than one wife sounds more like hell to me than heaven.

Now I´m hurt.

There is nothing wrong with us ladies. As long as you give us hugs and love we are happy. :smile:

I mean having one girl is happiness, having two must mean you are one blissful guy and having three must mean you are in paradise, no?

I'd pick Elayne. Rich, hot, will stay youthful and beautiful for centuries - yeah, I am too shallow. OK, not really, I like her personality too, as amazing as this may sounds to most here.

I guess I am masochist according to this board, where she's considered some sort of a monster and Min is the perfect girlfriend. ;)

You'd have a dick for a brother-in-law. And you might be well-advised not to be alone with your mother-in-law.

Of the characters, Avi is my favorite by far.

But Min's an orphan with no siblings. Min win.

Now I´m hurt.

There is nothing wrong with us ladies. As long as you give us hugs and love we are happy. :smile:

I mean having one girl is happiness, having two must mean you are one blissful guy and having three must mean you are in paradise, no?

Are you familiar with the law of diminishing marginal utility?

Aliriel: I highly doubt Elayne likes it rough. She is too stuck-up for that. I think Min would like it though lol. And Avi could dominate Rand. Elayne could be Rands footstool or something. Or his damane! :seanchan:

Oh, I don't know about that. I'll admit that my own experiences don't amount to a scientifically rigorous study, but I have noticed an inverse relationship between a woman's social standing and assertiveness in public, and their desires in bed.

Of course, if Rand is into that sort of thing, he really ought to find himself a Saldaean girl.

Oh, I don't know about that. I'll admit that my own experiences don't amount to a scientifically rigorous study, but I have noticed an inverse relationship between a woman's social standing and assertiveness in public, and their desires in bed.

Of course, if Rand is into that sort of thing, he really ought to find himself a Saldaean girl.

Maybe that inverse relationship is true...

It may be so but I can´t in my wildest imaginations think about Elayne in that role. She´d say ok and after 5 mins she´d slap Rand for not being nice. And who says all Saldaean girls are wild and crazy? I´d rather vote for the Domani.

Are you familiar with the law of diminishing marginal utility? <----- No I´m not familiar with this particular law. What does it mean?

Well it hasn't been stated at Saldaean farm girls like it rough (or I just missed it), just that they are very... free with their affections to many, many men.

Now I´m hurt.

While most red-blooded young men would think they could handle the love ummm... square? It is IMO that atleast 99% would run screaming for their lives after the first month or so.... Imagine 3 strong willed women who have been around each other long enough for their womenly cycles to sync up all trying to rip your head off at the same time because you said something stupid, or the enividable(sp) cat fighting, or the constant playing you off against one another, or that worst of all, the question no man wants to hear from one woman he loves let alone 3, "Does this dress/skirt make my bum look big?".

A.

Maybe that inverse relationship is true...

It may be so but I can´t in my wildest imaginations think about Elayne in that role. She´d say ok and after 5 mins she´d slap Rand for not being nice. And who says all Saldaean girls are wild and crazy? I´d rather vote for the Domani.

Are you familiar with the law of diminishing marginal utility? <----- No I´m not familiar with this particular law. What does it mean?

It's how economist explain the downward-sloping demand curve. Each additional unit of a good is worth less to us.

If you have been working outside in the heat, that first beer is something you value a lot. The second beer is still valued, but not quite as much as the first. The 18th beer? Not valued much at all.

Applying the same law to women, if you have no woman, the first one you obtain is very, very valued. The second one, less so. The third...well, she's the 18th beer. Especially if she has a jackass for a brother and a mother who makes you nervous.

Well it hasn't been stated at Saldaean farm girls like it rough (or I just missed it), just that they are very... free with their affections to many, many men.

Well, much as I hate to tread into Sunny's territory...

...one area where gender realtions in these books make me a little uncomfortable is the Saldaens we actually see. Not the farmgirls we hear about from Faile; I take that as just a sort of class bias on her part.

But there really does appear to be a relationship between violence, or at least male dominance, and sex for both Faile and her mother.

Well, much as I hate to tread into Sunny's territory...

...one area where gender realtions in these books make me a little uncomfortable is the Saldaens we actually see. Not the farmgirls we hear about from Faile; I take that as just a sort of class bias on her part.

But there really does appear to be a relationship between violence, or at least male dominance, and sex for both Faile and her mother.

True, I'll give you the dominance bit, but I think "rough play" during intimate moments is personal prefrence, and as far, because of the way those few scenes have been displayed, we'll never know what any of the characters enjoy.

Just on a side note, I bet Elyane's a screamer :tongue: . (Sorry, sleep deprived mind has found a new home under a manhole cover)

A.

While most red-blooded young men would think they could handle the love ummm... square? It is IMO that atleast 99% would run screaming for their lives after the first month or so.... Imagine 3 strong willed women who have been around each other long enough for their womenly cycles to sync up all trying to rip your head off at the same time because you said something stupid, or the enividable(sp) cat fighting, or the constant playing you off against one another, or that worst of all, the question no man wants to hear from one woman he loves let alone 3, "Does this dress/skirt make my bum look big?".

Fortunately, Rand knows how to Travel.

And Feral, Avi loves Rand just as much as Min does, but as stated in TGS I believe, she doesn't want to enter the relationship fully as an inferrior, so she holds herself apart until she becomes a WO.

Rand holds more titles than anyone on the continent since Hawkwing, he's one of very few people alive who've fought and defeated multiple Forsaken, he's stronger in the One Power than anyone else alive and there's only one or two people alive who can rival him in skill, he's one hand short of being the second best blademaster alive, he's can play the Game of Houses better than the Amyrlin Seat and the Hall of the White Tower. He's a warrior, scholar, diplomat, leader, and walking WOMD almost without compare in each category - and no one on the side of the Light* comes close in multiple categories. Also, his is the soul chosen to bring balance back to the world and save it from the Dark One.

I get what Aviendha is after, but at the end of the day... she's not really going to be any more equal when she's got her official Wise One status.

* Moridin and Demandred come close, and may surpass him in some ways, but are obviously not on the side of the Light. :p

And this turns into a fascinating conversation lol.

Thanks for explaining that Randsc. Nah, I don´t think it would be a downslip demand-curve. But it would be tricky to keep all three women happy and then there is the big jealousy monster to deal with. A fact that Avi, Min and Elayne have handled remarkably well so far, no snide remarks, or so. I think I recall them saying now and then that in the end he would only marry on of them, but I think after VoG that they all know that Rand loves them all and they seem to accept it rather matter of factly.

Randsc- about the gender relations. You said there seemed to be a relationship between male dominance and sex atleast for Faile. Have I missed something? :blink: From my understanding it was the other way around... or? Oki here is how I see that whole thing. Faile is extremly bossy towards Perirn, and she constantly pushes him around. Sometimes she gets pissy cause he doesn´t seem to get jealous or angry when she does certain things? Does she interprent that that when he isn´t jealous he doesn´t care and doesn´t love her? Or has she been brought up in an enviroment expecting men to be really dominant and kinda claim and tame her and she gets frustrated cause all her acting up is so Perrin can step up and dominate her and "win" over her, but Perrin being the gentle soul that he is missunderstands her and that makes her even more angry. Or is it just that Faile is angry that Perrin doesnt wanna be angry at her thus seeing her as a fragile flower, one that can´t handle all the emotinal range that Perrin can dish out?

Thanks for explaining that Randsc. Nah, I don´t think it would be a downslip demand-curve. But it would be tricky to keep all three women happy and then there is the big jealousy monster to deal with. A fact that Avi, Min and Elayne have handled remarkably well so far, no snide remarks, or so. I think I recall them saying now and then that in the end he would only marry on of them, but I think after VoG that they all know that Rand loves them all and they seem to accept it rather matter of factly.

Randsc- about the gender relations. You said there seemed to be a relationship between male dominance and sex atleast for Faile. Have I missed something? :blink: From my understanding it was the other way around... or? Oki here is how I see that whole thing. Faile is extremly bossy towards Perirn, and she constantly pushes him around. Sometimes she gets pissy cause he doesn´t seem to get jealous or angry when she does certain things? Does she interprent that that when he isn´t jealous he doesn´t care and doesn´t love her? Or has she been brought up in an enviroment expecting men to be really dominant and kinda claim and tame her and she gets frustrated cause all her acting up is so Perrin can step up and dominate her and "win" over her, but Perrin being the gentle soul that he is missunderstands her and that makes her even more angry. Or is it just that Faile is angry that Perrin doesnt wanna be angry at her thus seeing her as a fragile flower, one that can´t handle all the emotinal range that Perrin can dish out?

I'm pretty sure it's both of those.

Saldeans are... interesting.

Saldeans are... interesting.

Imagine the saldaean men <3 lol. But if that´s what she wants, why doesn´t the wool-headed girl just ask? I mean they are married and all, and instead of going around gnashing her teeth at Perrin´s utter foolishness she should just tell her blacksmith how she rolls.

This is very interesting. I wonder which else underlying themes or snipets I´ve missed.

I haven´t read ToM so I dont know how their relationship progress there, but I hope their communication skills get better.

@Hopefire, when I said that she wanted to come to him as an equal, I didn't mean in titles, power or even devotion to a cause, I was meaning that once she became a WO she would finially see herself as "a worthy woman" not a "little girl with her hair in pigtails", probally should have made that clearer, my bad.

Aiel are almost as strange as Saldaean's when it comes to husbands and wives.

A.

Faile and her mother. Basically, I think the "claim and tame" thing is correct. Deira says something at some point about Davram taking her by the scruff of the neck and showing her who was in charge, and that it was magnificent. And about the happiest we have seen Faile is after she provoked/aroused Perrin to the point that she ended up with a torn dress.

I think it may also be that Faile gets angry with Perrin for not acting Dom enough because she has some kind of strange, topping-from-below sort of, "I'm strong enough to be submissive" thing going on. I could be misinterpreting; this isn't really my scene. But that's how I read it.

Either way, she's got some sophisticated tastes for a 16-year-old.

I suppose this could be a family, as opposed to ethnic, characteristic. But I am pretty sure Elyas implies something similar about the Saldaen woman he lived with.

Edit: The passage in question.

Before he could open his mouth, Faile’s mother said, “Yellow eyes do not make a wolf. Are you strong enough to handle my daughter, young man? From what she tells me, you’re a milksop, indulging her every whim, letting her twine you around her fingers whenever she wants to play cat’s cradle.”

Perrin stared. Bashere had taken the chair Faile had been sitting in, and now he was complacently studying his boots, one propped atop the toe of the other. Faile, seated on the broad arm of her father’s chair, gave her mother one indignant frown, then smiled at Perrin with all the confidence she had showed when telling him to stand up to Rand.

“I don’t think she twists me around her finger,” he said carefully. She tried, true, but he did not think he had ever let her. Except once in a while, to please her.

Lady Deira’s sniff spoke volumes. “Weaklings never think so. A woman wants a strong man, stronger than she, here.” Her finger poked his chest hard enough to make him grunt. “I’ll never forget the first time Davram took me by the scruff of the neck and showed me he was the stronger of us. It was magnificent!” Perrin blinked; that was an image his mind could not hold. “If a woman is stronger than her husband, she comes to despise him. She has the choice of either tyrannizing him or else making herself less in order not to make him less. If the husband is strong enough, though . . . ” She poked him again, even harder. “ . . . she can be as strong as she is, as strong as she can grow to be. You will have to prove to Faile that you’re strong.” Another poke, harder still. “The women of my family are leopards. If you cannot train her to hunt on your command, Faile will rake you as you deserve. Are you strong enough?” This time her finger drove Perrin back a step.

I remember that scene now. Faile does have some sophisticated tastes indeed. I keep forgetting that she is only 16. Usually topping from the botton will get you a slap from the Top if he/she understands what you are trying to do, but since Perrin is totally lost about Faile and her actions/reactions, no wonder she gets mad and frustrated.

I still can´t help wondering though if all Saldaean girl/women expect the men to take charge in the relationship or if it´s something that exists in the contest of the falcon´s family. Or if this dominance/submission is indeed something that is in the Saldaean blood- that would be weird to me.

Like an entire country of M/s or D/s people- thus implying that, taste in these kind of things is more cultural then genetic or predisposed.

Now I need to reread the books and look for signs of gay relationships too. Although I think I read a quote somewhere from RJ saying that, that wasn´t something he was gonna portray in the books. (as opposed to lesbian relationships, cause he is already writing the books from a point of women being in power/control of society, so that would be more ... natural to portray.

Wait, what!? Faile's not 16, is she? I thought she was 1-2 years younger than Perrin, who is 22 at the end of TGS. That would put Faile around 20, not 16... (Egwene, for example, is 19, and was 17 during tEoTW, when Rand/Mat/Perrin were all nearly 20)

EDIT: Faile is described as "approximately the same age as Perrin" according to TarValon Library and the WOT Encyclopedia. So she's 21-22.

Archived