DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's Women

AmusableAlias

I'm about a quarter way through LoC but there are some things I have been pondering since FoH.

So I pieced together that Aviendha is the 3rd women in Min's viewing after there spontaneous night in the middle of the Seachan arctic.

So I'm going out on limb and I'm pretty sure he going to get hitched to Aviendha because he already talked about marrying here (no spoilers please!)

but out of the 3 women If i were rand I'd pick Min.

She not afraid to love Rand (anymore..) like Aviendha and she isn't so needy that she asks other women to hawk over him like a guard dog like Elayne.

Don't get me wrong they are both awesome characters but I still like Min. I'd pick someone who is laid back as Min. But the Aiel are complex culture that I don't completely understand (yet...) and Elayne is royalty and if I were Rand I tried to forget I was the dragon reborn as soon as the last battle endedc(assuming I survive) and build a farm hidden away in the Two rivers with someone who isn't Aiel or the future Queen of Andor aka. Min Farshaw.

Post your opinions on Rand's Ladies and who you would choose and why?

Summary for me

= Min. Not royalty, not Aiel. A fun and enjoyable character who only wants a simple life.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was The Dragon Reborn, Car´a´carn, the Coramoor, the Annointed One, Rand Sedai, The Light made flesh and all other cool titles he has I´d pick Min. She´s been with him pretty much since they first met, and she has tried to remind him to be human, and laugh and such. He seems at ease with her, like being with her is effortless. She doesn´t try to command him, or see him as something that he is not. Sure she knows he is the Dragon Reborn, but mostly she sees Rand, farmerboy from Two Rivers.

This one's hard to discuss without speaking of future events, but I would say that if it was me I would pick Min. Storywise, I was always partial to Aviendha. Of course, if he loves all three of them and they are all OK with it, then why make yourself pick? :myrddraal:

if he loves all three of them and they are all OK with it, then why make yourself pick? :myrddraal:

True that, Mark! I haven´t read the ToM yet so I dk what happens in there. But I do hope that Rand in some way does keep all the three girls and they live happily. There aren´t that many books which depict a guy with three girls where they all agree to be together like that and I think it´s cool that RJ made it do. The Dragon Reborn, may the Light illumine him deserves no less then three girls.

Like the others above, I admit that my preference is based on how things look from the perspective of ToM, but yes, it's Min. I like Elayne and Aviendha, but Rand's relationship with Min seems deeper, more natural, and more developed.

I'd definitely choose Min. But Rand might just keep all three. I've seen a quote by RJ that when he was young he had two girlfriends at the same time who were sharing him between them on a rotating schedule. He may have figured that if he can handle two then Rand can deal with three.

I'd definitely choose Min. But Rand might just keep all three. I've seen a quote by RJ that when he was young he had two girlfriends at the same time who were sharing him between them on a rotating schedule. He may have figured that if he can handle two then Rand can deal with three.

But Jordan ultimately married just one woman. So if the analogy holds, Rand will handle three woman on a rotating schedule, and then decide to focus upon just two of them.

Or did I do that wrong? :dry:

You did good Pygmalion. :tongue:

Then he can say byebye to Elayne me thinks. Snotty Daughter-Heir needs spanking and I doubt Rand would do that.

Amusable, if you don´t like Egwene in DR wait until you read the later books. I´m surprised Eggy takes this turn. You would think with her being in two cultures and wanting to be a good servant that she would learn humility. I really liked her when she was in the White Tower doing her thing (no spoiler) but then later on... sigh. She becomes everything I dislike in Aes Sedai. Maybe things turn for the better in ToM although I doubt it.

You did good Pygmalion. :tongue:

Then he can say byebye to Elayne me thinks. Snotty Daughter-Heir needs spanking and I doubt Rand would do that.

Amusable, if you don´t like Egwene in DR wait until you read the later books. I´m surprised Eggy takes this turn. You would think with her being in two cultures and wanting to be a good servant that she would learn humility. I really liked her when she was in the White Tower doing her thing (no spoiler) but then later on... sigh. She becomes everything I dislike in Aes Sedai. Maybe things turn for the better in ToM although I doubt it.

She'll probably sniff haughtily at Rand and call him a wool-headed idiot with a serene Aes Sedai face.

That's one reason I like Nynaeve so much, none of that "to be Aes Sedai means I have to be manipulative, serene, and arrogant" BS.

That still wouldn´t save her a good spanking though.

I love Nynaeve too, (although when I first read the series I thought she was mean lol)she stayed true to what she was althrough the books. I also hate that everyone who turns Aes Sedai thinks they need to be arrogant and snotty and manipulate people left and right. I guess it´s understandable cause they are all in the same cultural enviroment aka WT but still, they can´t all be molded the same, can they? Maybe it has something to do with the 3 oaths?

I wish the Asha´man would humble the Aes Sedai abit. Logain can go first :wub:

I read through Gathering Storm; and small portions of Towers of Midnight (through TOR site and Sanderson's site).

From what I read so far, it seems Min cares the most about Rand; Elayne seems to be next on that.

Probably Min, but possibly Aviendha. Not Elayne. Never Elayne. *shivers*

I don't care how pretty she is, I couldn't take her. Min, on the other hand, is a genuinely nice girl, who sincerely cares about Rand. Aviendha is also a nice lady. Elayne is not a nice lady. Elayne is not a nice lady at all.

Rand should keep Min and Avi. Speaking of women, do you think some other girl/woman in the books would be suitable girlfriend material for Rand. I´m thinking but I don´t have any suggestions right now.

How about guys.. if Rand was gay he would date Logain. A good man with great glory for the Dragon Reborn. And Logain can channel so he would understand Rand and his problems with saidin. Any other suggestions for guys? :smile:

I've always wanted him to ditch Avi and Elayne and just marry Min already. Neither of the other two care at all for him (not by my standards at any rate) or they wouldn't spend so long away from him all the time. Seriously if you can go that long without seeing the bloke then what's the point? You might as well go the rest of your life without him.

I've always wanted him to ditch Avi and Elayne and just marry Min already. Neither of the other two care at all for him (not by my standards at any rate) or they wouldn't spend so long away from him all the time. Seriously if you can go that long without seeing the bloke then what's the point? You might as well go the rest of your life without him.

But they have been busy doing... things.

Rand is like Charlie Sheen, he's Winning!!!

Light! Rand is nothing like Charlie Sheen. You don´t see him puffing on some Avendesora leaves or drinking too much oosquai. I must say I´m surprised though. I thought people didn´t like Min and that she was only a way for Rand to have sex, and that she isn´t a character on her own and so on.

I can't stand Elayne, or people who like her.

What that directed at me?

:tongue:

I don't get you guys. You think that having three women is a good thing? I haven't known anybody who can handle more than one, and why would anyone want to?

But you forget yoniy0, he is the Dragon Reborn. He can handle three chicks, even if two of them are channelers. You know the saying, the more the merrier. :rolleyes:

And besides, I wouldn´t mind having three asha´man boyfriends... As long as I was the strongest in the Power :tongue:

Archived