DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Earthquakes

cosmicpanda

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know what has filtered through to your news but basically it was much shallower so more violent (as far as ive heard). Its O week for uni's and it was during the day so more people were out an about. So far there is one fatality confirmed with a few more reported. The central city square was also heavily effected. The phones are down in the area still and so is power. NZ national news is about to start and there will be more info after that i think

Hi peoples, I'm alright-- just got power back.

It's utter chaos in the city, I was on the 4th floor of a building at the time- not a fun event. The death toll is at 65 at the moment, and there are lots of people missing and trapped in buildings. :sad:

Thanks Barm and Eli for FBing me, sorry I didn't reply earlier, my cellphone ran out of battery.

Hopefully the power doesn't go out again.

I honestly was genuinely scared for all my buddies on here that I know are in NZ. Not only is it scary in general when something big like this hits any country, it really hits home when I know some of the people that are in the big danger zone.

*feels like buying a gallon of water and sending it to Mogs* >.<

Archived