DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where did I leave my keys?

Aliriel

Ok, I have no idea is this has been made into a tread before but I have noticed in a few posts that people have wondered what the characters who traveled to the Land of the Finn's asked.

As we so far only know what Mat asked for it seems to be another one of those "Will we ever know?" things.

This whole tread is just for a bit of fun, to showcase peoples thoughs on what other questions might have been.

for example: Rand.

Question 1: Am I really the Dragon Reborn?

Answer: Yes

Question 2: Are you sure?

Answer: Yes

Question 3: Your not just pulling my leg are you?

Answer: No

Now, let the questions roll!

A.

Excuse me, can I ask you a question?

YES. ONE.

Err, the sign at the door said three. I only get one question?

NO. TWO.

Look here, it does say three. Do you see the sign?

YES. THAT'S THREE. YOU LOSE. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

But... but... I never got to ask my question...

The laughter roars in his ears as everything fades to black. The last thing he remembers is a voice saying, "HIGH FIVE! YOU DID IT AGAIN!"

1) What is your name?

My name is unimportant. Only the quest matters. If I succeed, all will call me Blessed of the Light. If I fail, my name will be rendered into dust for all eternity.

2) What is your quest?

Be without fear in the face of my enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love me. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to my death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. I arise, a knight and Baron of Ibelin.

Oops. Wrong screenplay.... Sry.

3) What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Depends. Do you include the speed of the Boeing 747 carrying the birdcage, and adjust for its angular velocity relative to the speed of the planet orbiting the sun?

Moiraine:

1) How much for the next round of Botox to keep my face "ageless"?

2) Do you think Lan would go for implants? Silicone or Saline?

3) *peeks behind the pillars at their cache of ter'angreal* You wouldn't happen to have a Victoria's Secret paralis-net back there would you? Shifts are SO last year.

Moiraine:

1) How much for the next round of Botox to keep my face "ageless"?

2) Do you think Lan would go for implants? Silicone or Saline?

3) *peeks behind the pillars at their cache of ter'angreal* You wouldn't happen to have a Victoria's Secret paralis-net back there would you? Shifts are SO last year.

Asking if Lan would go for implants, and asking Silicone or Saline are two separate questions! You LOSE! Good DAY sir!

Ok, I have no idea is this has been made into a tread before but I have noticed in a few posts that people have wondered what the characters who traveled to the Land of the Finn's asked.

As we so far only know what Mat asked for it seems to be another one of those "Will we ever know?" things.

Just to be pedantic (and because I'm bored in chemistry class), we do know what two of Rand's questions were.

For some reason Doc I suspect they would come up with a way to answer that without answering it.

What are the names of all the darkfriends in the world... In alphabetical order? and I want it written down!

How can I kill the DO?

Why shouldn't I simply kill you now that you've answered my questions?

Just to be pedantic (and because I'm bored in chemistry class), we do know what two of Rand's questions were.

His exact questions or the "general gist" of what he asked?

A.

Me:

Q: What are the winning lotto numbers of the next jackpot over $100 million?

A: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 Mega 42

Q: Who killed JFK?

A: G. Gordon Liddy, from the grassy knoll.

Q: How can I talk my wife into getting a boob job without her getting mad?

A: Trick her into thinking that it's her own idea.

What were the two for Rand? I thought the one about cleansing saidin was never explicitly stated (unless it was in an interview.)and the other was about how to defeat the dark one and live, but I thought the cleansing was a grey area.

Personally I can't remember the actual questions being said anywhere or their answers, Yes, Rand stated that the general gist of 2 of his questions were how to cleanse the taint and how to live through the finial battle, but they were both glossed over very quickly iirc.

Maybe Terez will be kind enough to enlighten us?

A.

Well the LB and living was the one about East and south as one, west and north as one the two shall be as one or something like that, but I really don't recall him mentioning the finns in the books about cleansing the source, I might have just missed it last time I read it.

He did, he also stated (or perhaps thought) the answer he got from them was far too cryptic for him to make sense of it. He figured out what he needed to do on his own.

Still, I want them to give me a list of every single darkfriend on the planet. Simply because I want to see how they manage that.

What were the two for Rand? I thought the one about cleansing saidin was never explicitly stated (unless it was in an interview.)and the other was about how to defeat the dark one and live, but I thought the cleansing was a grey area.

TPoD,Ch14 - One of Rand's questions to the Snake people was how to cleanse saidin. Their answer was a riddle that Herid Fel said stated "sound principles, in both high philosophy and natural philosophy."

KoD,Ch18 - Rand recalls that he asked the Aelfinn, "How can I win the Last Battle and survive?" They answered, "The north and the east must be as one. The west and the south must be as one. The two must be as one. To live, you must die."

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/ Creatures: Aelfinn and Eelfinn

Archived