DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where did I leave my keys?

Aliriel

What were the two for Rand? I thought the one about cleansing saidin was never explicitly stated (unless it was in an interview.)and the other was about how to defeat the dark one and live, but I thought the cleansing was a grey area.

TPoD,Ch14 - One of Rand's questions to the Snake people was how to cleanse saidin. Their answer was a riddle that Herid Fel said stated "sound principles, in both high philosophy and natural philosophy."

KoD,Ch18 - Rand recalls that he asked the Aelfinn, "How can I win the Last Battle and survive?" They answered, "The north and the east must be as one. The west and the south must be as one. The two must be as one. To live, you must die."

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/ Creatures: Aelfinn and Eelfinn

It's been suggested that the Aelfinn may have treated that last one as two separate questions; which may be why Rand didn't get an answer on how to mend the Bore (assuming that he did ask, and I can't believe he didn't). Certainly something made him retreat backwards out of the doorway with his saidin-sword in hand.

Back to topic.. Well I've used up my Aelfinn allowance, so here are some for the Eelfinn:

I want a cup of tea, I'm parched.

And a biscuit.

And a full-size, fully working model of the USS Enterprise.. Wait, NOT the aircraft carrier - oh. Too late..

Back to topic.. Well I've used up my Aelfinn allowance, so here are some for the Eelfinn:

And a biscuit.

And a full-size, fully working model of the USS Enterprise.. Wait, NOT the aircraft carrier - oh. Too late..

Come on, having morning tea on the launch deck of Big-E sounds awesome! Imagine how much you could charge people for it!

And what if someone really pissed you off? Well you have all the fighterjets/deck guns to have fun with :-P

A.

They probably were giving him the same treatment they gave Mat, or perhaps he asked how to seal the bore and they freaked out, they don't like questions about the shadow after all.

the Eelfinn?

I want a penny.

I want a second penny.

I wish all of the Eelfinn and Aelfinn were dead.

Ha, got them there.

He did, he also stated (or perhaps thought) the answer he got from them was far too cryptic for him to make sense of it. He figured out what he needed to do on his own.

Still, I want them to give me a list of every single darkfriend on the planet. Simply because I want to see how they manage that.

Got to get the list as of when you leave (it may take them a while to produce, so wouldn't want it to be out of date), and how to identify them.

So: "I want the names (including aliases, specifying which one they are currently using) and addresses of all darkfriends in the world at the time I return to the normal world, in writing that I can read that will survive as long as it takes to hunt down and deal with them all."

Of course, that is really a wish, not a question.

And a biscuit.

Come on, having morning tea on the launch deck of Big-E sounds awesome! Imagine how much you could charge people for it!

And what if someone really pissed you off? Well you have all the fighterjets/deck guns to have fun with :-P

A.

I'd prefer phasers... :tongue:

And a biscuit.

A.

I'd prefer phasers... :tongue:

Well yes, I do have to agree with you there, just as long as I'm in either a blue or gold shirt.

peregrine

Posted Today, 10:18 AM

I just needed to mention that this entire post has made my very bad day much better.

Why thank you, I do hope it turned your day round :)

A.

And a biscuit.

A.

I have to say that a "full-size, fully working model of the USS Enterprise" would probably not include aircraft. At least, the Eelfinn are unlikely to include the aircraft (or fuel, ammo, spare parts, or crew). If you add "fully equiped and crewed," well, now you've got yourself a nice ship. (Er, "in a usable location" - otherwise the ship will tip over. Since you wanted the starship, that makes it a little harder.)

@FarShainMael, nah, the red doesn't really go with my eyes... Aaaand I have this aversion to dying in really horrible or pitiful ways.

A.

Actually, I understand that someone did a statistical analysis, and found that red-shirts don't actually have a higher chance of dieing (well, apart from the first few episodes). Only popular oppinion says that red-shirts die quickly. Now, the analysis could have been wrong, but it is the sort of thing that mathematicians might do, but not most other people.

@FarShainMael, nah, the red doesn't really go with my eyes... Aaaand I have this aversion to dying in really horrible or pitiful ways.

A.

Actually, I understand that someone did a statistical analysis, and found that red-shirts don't actually have a higher chance of dieing (well, apart from the first few episodes). Only popular oppinion says that red-shirts die quickly. Now, the analysis could have been wrong, but it is the sort of thing that mathematicians might do, but not most other people.

Were they analyzing the original series or did they include Next Generation?

A.

Well, I don't know. I do know they weren't doing it by uniform color, but by job (so changing uniform colors between series wouldn't be an issue).

A.

Well, I don't know. I do know they weren't doing it by uniform color, but by job (so changing uniform colors between series wouldn't be an issue).

That would make the term/implication of mockery for "Red shirt" obsolete then. I can think of any number of jobs (in a sci-fi world) that could give the same result but with no creative or almost universally reconigsed way of refrencing those people that do the job.

A.

PS. Forgive my spelling, my brain just doesn't wish to work at all

Archived