DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss The Full Book

Luckers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, so Weiramon is DF or not? That didn't sound right..

I'm confused too... are those two the only non-DFs?

And any interaction between Cadsuane and Egwene? Doesn't Egwene order Cadsuane to the Tower too?

And since Nynaeve is now officially the strongest sister alive... does the way the AS treat her change?

And any interaction between Cadsuane and Egwene? Doesn't Egwene order Cadsuane to the Tower too?

And since Nynaeve is now officially the strongest sister alive... does the way the AS treat her change?

I don't think Egwene can bend Cadsuane to her will. And then there are bonded sisters and those who swore their fealty to DR.

No, they ARE Darkfriends. He can spot Darkfriends now.

I don't think Egwene can bend Cadsuane to her will. And then there are bonded sisters and those who swore their fealty to DR.

That's good to hear. The gall of Egwene to undermine him disgust me. How are we supposed to like Egwene when she does things like this I'll never understand.

Besides Rand and the High Lords is anyone else witness to this scene because wow that sounds powerful.

So he can figure out if people are DFs? That's a suspense killer...

And the Egwene thing just bugs me... does she have some reason for it or not? I know she opposes breaking the Seals, which I myself can object to with 16 reasons in a minute. But does she have a reason, or is she just ticked off that Rand strode into the Hall and blurted it out?

At this point I have not read Towers of Midnight, so what I am saying might be contradicted in the book. It makes sense that Rand could spot darkfriends because of his link with Mordin. Can't the forsaken spot darkfriends? If yes, than the link might allow Rand to do so as well.

Also, some of what people say in this book about Mat further solidify his ties with the figure of Odin...

Based on several other things in the Norse mythology, I think that Perrin is going to die in TG, being killed by the leader of the Wild Hunt who will in turn be killed by someone very close to Perrin.

Also, some of what people say in this book about Mat further solidify his ties with the figure of Odin...

Based on several other things in the Norse mythology, I think that Perrin is going to die in TG, being killed by the leader of the Wild Hunt who will in turn be killed by someone very close to Perrin.

If you go by Norse Religion, all three of the ta'veren lads will die. Which we know will not happen, since we know for a fact that Mat survives.

I am intrigued on quite a few levels with these spoilers. I have a couple of questions and if someone can enlighten me that would be fantastic.

1. What happens to the Gholam (spelling) in this book. Does it meet it's end or is it still living when by the time this book ends. If it does indeed die, how was that accomplished?

2. Is there any thing on Moiraine other than her rescue in this book? If so can we be clued in as to what they might be?

Thanks in advance for the heads up one way or the other.

I am intrigued on quite a few levels with these spoilers. I have a couple of questions and if someone can enlighten me that would be fantastic.

1. What happens to the Gholam (spelling) in this book. Does it meet it's end or is it still living when by the time this book ends. If it does indeed die, how was that accomplished?

2. Is there any thing on Moiraine other than her rescue in this book? If so can we be clued in as to what they might be?

Thanks in advance for the heads up one way or the other.

#1 is already answered in this thread. If i remember, Matt gets help from a Kinswoman and pushes him off the side of a skimming platform into darkness.

Can this be one of those consequences of wielding TP that Brandon was talking about?

And the Egwene thing just bugs me... does she have some reason for it or not? I know she opposes breaking the Seals, which I myself can object to with 16 reasons in a minute. But does she have a reason, or is she just ticked off that Rand strode into the Hall and blurted it out?

It's a power struggle between DR and Amrylin. Obviously Rand was able to sway "her" Aes Sedai without even her permission. She is new to job and a woman to boot;)

It's a power struggle between DR and Amrylin. Obviously Rand was able to sway "her" Aes Sedai without even her permission. She is new to job and a woman to boot;)

Huh? He convinces none of her AS. Apparently he tells her he's going to break the Seals in one months, and he'll come and meet her before he does that so she can be ready. She objects, and before the one month deadline, collects all of Rand's allies so they can be with her to persuade him that it is too dangerous a course of action without studying the matter further. Seems entirely rational to me.

That is one of my few problems with this series - that the women in it always are undercutting the men because they think they are idiots. From what I see, Egwene is almost acting petty.

It would be rational if the dark one wasn't about to break free any minute and he was the one person that would have the most knowledge on the subject.

That is one of my few problems with this series - that the women in it always are undercutting the men because they think they are idiots. From what I see, Egwene is almost acting petty.

Some sources say apparently not.

On the topic of Egwene:

1) Is she having Aes Sedai train in combat? They really need that.

2) Does she interact with Cadsuane at all? I want more Caddy spoilers!

Although it seems we have a bit more communication amongst the allied forces for good, there still is the detachment of who has the better way of doing things. Its a shame really. I keep reflecting to Mr. Jordan's blog describing the parallel between the good and evil in this series to that of a boxing match where the boxer representing the good guys it badly beaten up and on his last legs going into the final round. Of all the things Mr. Jordan has talked about this for some reason seems to stick with me the most, especially here toward the end of the series.

Huh? He convinces none of her AS. Apparently he tells her he's going to break the Seals in one months, and he'll come and meet her before he does that so she can be ready. She objects, and before the one month deadline, collects all of Rand's allies so they can be with her to persuade him that it is too dangerous a course of action without studying the matter further. Seems entirely rational to me.

So he only talked to Egwene and left?

Rand knows more about one power than all of WT combined. Thinking he is just a shepherd is not very rational.

I remember someone around here suggested pushing the Gholam off a skimming platform. I wish I knew who that was... They called it perfectly.

My reasoning behind Perrin dying is twofold. First, the mythology and second, the Dark Prophecy.

Wow.... I think I hate Egwene now... and the Seanchan taking over... *puke* Rand seeing darkfriends is cool though, he'll have loads of fun in the Black Towers...

I think it has more to do with Darkfriends cannot look at him directly post DM epiphany/aura of light.

Edited to add: Can the guy get any cooler? Yet Egwene in all her awesomeness is being set up, apparently to be the terd amoung it all. I just don't get it. I can see fans in an uproar over Egwene until AMOL already :(.

I would much prefer Seanchan as a whole, over Aes Sedai being in control of Randland. Sans slavery and damane thing Seanchan are the best 'nation' in the series. Not to mention there's really no choice between Tuon or Egwene as a leader to me :rolleyes:

Archived